ABF | Future Purchase

I don't think ABF could afford to buy New Penn or Holland. Yellow is in debt and would pass off as much of that debt as they can to Holland or New Penn.:biglaugh:

I don't think we could afford OD? Estes is claims central. R&L needs a union. I am currently on layoff with ABF and had an interview at R&L last week. They start at $15/hr and top out at $17.91/hr in five years.:biglaugh: I asked the TM why their drivers in Buffalo, NY top out at 21 something/hr. He told me their pay scale is different all over the country.:nutkick: After almost laughing myself off the chair we got in to the hours I would work. 10am-10pm monday-friday. I thought great 20 hrs overtime a week. So I asked time and a half after 8 a day or 40 a week. He said they pay all straight time. I thanked him for his time and walked out.:smilie_132: Who in there right mind would work for that!!!:biglaugh:

MY guess is. A man out of work, about to lose his home to foreclousure. and trying to feed his family. Someplace to be untill something better comes along.

I Don't need to work for a company like R&L. I am not about to loose my home. I have no problem feeding my wife. The only loan i have is on my house. I'm in a great position to ride out any layoff. Sorry buddy my pride gets in the way and won't let me work a billion hours a week for straight time pay. I feel bad for people who have to do that in life. Since i was 16 i have been saving and paying cash for everything i could. That allows me to sit home on the couch and soak up the UI checks and laugh.:biglaugh:

You got it ABFman514, I've become very skilled on my sons xbox 360 in the past 3 months too bad the slow time of the year didn't come in June!!! UI checks are paying the bills and I might even get to coach my sons baseball team this year if the layoff lasts long enough. I'm not looking to work myself to death for pennies either.

I Don't need to work for a company like R&L. I am not about to loose my home. I have no problem feeding my wife. The only loan i have is on my house. I'm in a great position to ride out any layoff. Sorry buddy my pride gets in the way and won't let me work a billion hours a week for straight time pay. I feel bad for people who have to do that in life. Since i was 16 i have been saving and paying cash for everything i could. That allows me to sit home on the couch and soak up the UI checks and laugh.:biglaugh:

ABF MAN 514, I hope I did not sound as though I was saying you were wrong to not accept the R&L job. I may have turned it down also. I was just saying someone in bad shape, may be forced to do so. I like you, have always saved for the future. I retired at age 48, ( 30 and out ). That was 13 years ago. I have not had to work for a living. I do some odd jobs for widow women, for little money or no money, as I see they need help. (more often then not, they feed me pie and coffee, as they really just want someone to talk to) OH YES! not what you may be thinking, HE! HE!, I hear that a lot. It keeps me busy, maybe two hours a day a couple of days a week and I feel that I am helping in my town. My wife and I fish alot and travel some. Spend a lot of time with the grandkids. I hope you do not have to be on layoff very long. Good luck to you and your family. ESP:popcorn:

ESP I appreciate your insight. You are a smart man 48 and retired. You must have made alot of good decisions in your lifetime to do that, congrats and keep on enjoying retirement.

bottom feeders,no way abf can hold there heads high they know how to manage a company.only wish i was there instead of holland,watching it go downhill because of yrc mismanagement.

Management just has a BIG eraser. ABF has its problems too.
Like when they acquired Carolina. Just don't know why YRC bought USF Freight in the first place. When they say they're not making money.

Management just has a BIG eraser. ABF has its problems too.
Like when they acquired Carolina. Just don't know why YRC bought USF Freight in the first place. When they say they're not making money.

What exactly do you mean by USF Freight? Holland?

What exactly do you mean by USF Freight? Holland?

YRC bought USF Freightways Corp. Which owned Holland, Glen Moore, Red Star, Dugan and Reddaway. I don't know if YRC will split up what is left of USF or they will sell off each one.
When you are talking about a company buying Holland, my understanding is that they would be buying all of USF.

schuyler...you sound more like a "bottom feeder".....If ABF were to buy anyone it will be done fast before anyone knows what is happening.That's the way they have always done it. Has far as them only getting "left over freight" and HazMat. You have a problem with that? Freight is freight. ABF has been around for a long time. They know how to survive.I remember not so long ago when they purchased their last company. There were alot of people surprised. So "schuyler" if you aren't working for ABF now ,don't be surprise if your not someday.......LOL!!!

ABFS gets the left over freight and HAZMAT. Price dictates most business decisions, that is what is meant by 'Bottom Feeders'. New Penn already has the regional system set up and is profitable, ABF is still learning. Regional is the Northeast. Fifty-five (55%) of the U.S.A. population resides there.

Well I have to agree with ABFshuttlenut, as well

I got news for you. Look, ABF had the RPM service figured out long before they filed the COO. These people do not waste money experimenting on what does and does not work. Period.

Where do you find the 55% figure?? And what do you consider to be the northeast?

I'm afraid the banks will tell them who to sell, they will tell them how much toilet paper to buy.

i once read a line from some analyis who said "you will not find alot of abf people working for another companys but you will find alot of people from other companys working for abf!" Some of us have been around thru alot of different things happening to this company and have come out of them in really good shape! We will survive this time also!.............Dockman380 ..........25 yr veteran!