TForce | FWIW, my run got cancelled last night:

maxicoze

TB Regular
Credits
FWIW, my run got cancelled last night, so i sat.

1) It is a "guaranteed" 000 series run.

Now, in all fairness, i was offered a niteliner run in place of my usual run, but passed because i don't like niteliner. If this keeps up, and it looks likely since we're not picking any freight up, then i may take a niteliner run IF a niteliner run is even still available by the end of the week. NOTE: i am close to the half-way point in senority. Example: If we have 50 drivers, then i'm like #26 or 27.

Oh well, i did sleep very good last night.

2) Co-workers, family members, ex-co-workers, friends keep ribbing me to buy a new car. My "newest" car is a 2001, and they just keep rolling. Funny how i don't seem to hear many comments about that lately. No kids, and rent is $875, $925 after utilities. The girls i hang out with have decent jobs and don't ask me for money. Well, one did, but i cut her out. We still talk though.

3) i didn't vote the first time, and up to this point i have not officially/publicly leaned either way and have not revealed my true intentions.

The above 2 statements as well as the fact that my picture was on one of the "vote yes" mailers (without my consent:mad new:) are not necessarily clues.

Last edited:
It is the same everywhere. Runs cut, and daily layoffs.

If you want that to continue? Vote no.

If you want to return to work? Vote yes.

It is the same everywhere. Runs cut, and daily layoffs.

If you want that to continue? Vote no.

If you want to return to work? Vote yes.
I would Imagine runs are being cut everywhere and layoffs have begun. Its only going to get worse as we get closer to the end of the week.

I don't work at UPS Freight, just curious, what is a niteliner run?
Thanks. Are they low mileage high dock hour runs for the most part?
Some are low mileage but some are not. The longer niteliner runs do not usually require the driver to work the dock but a lot of them do. I had a 474 mile run that had dock work in the bid. I also had a 560 mile niteliner run with no dock work.

FWIW, my run got cancelled last night, so i sat.

1) It is a "guaranteed" 000 series run.

Now, in all fairness, i was offered a niteliner run in place of my usual run, but passed because i don't like niteliner. If this keeps up, and it looks likely since we're not picking any freight up, then i may take a niteliner run IF a niteliner run is even still available by the end of the week. NOTE: i am close to the half-way point in senority. Example: If we have 50 drivers, then i'm like #26 or 27.

Oh well, i did sleep very good last night.

2) Co-workers, family members, ex-co-workers, friends keep ribbing me to buy a new car. My "newest" car is a 2001, and they just keep rolling. Funny how i don't seem to hear many comments about that lately. No kids, and rent is $875, $925 after utilities. The girls i hang out with have decent jobs and don't ask me for money. Well, one did, but i cut her out. We still talk though.

3) i didn't vote the first time, and up to this point i have not officially/publicly leaned either way and have not revealed my true intentions.

The above 2 statements as well as the fact that my picture was on one of the "vote yes" mailers (without my consent:mad new:) are not necessarily clues.
Makes no Difference how you vote now. You will be Laid off until after Turkey day or possibly the new year. My guess is if the Vote goes Yes UPSF will restructure its network and selectively Take freight back based on the New parameters and rate structure. This means a Slow return to capacity. Good Luck

Makes no Difference how you vote now. You will be Laid of until after Turkey day or possibly the new year. My guess is if the Vote goes Yes UPSF will restructure its network and selectively Take freight back based on the New parameters and rate structure. This means a Slow return to capacity. Good Luck

It will certainly take at least two weeks to resume normal operations. If they can empty the system in a week, they can fill it in a week.

Makes no Difference how you vote now. You will be Laid off until after Turkey day or possibly the new year. My guess is if the Vote goes Yes UPSF will restructure its network and selectively Take freight back based on the New parameters and rate structure. This means a Slow return to capacity. Good Luck
ABF is laying out some of it's restructuring (change of operation) plans. Payment for how we voted.

It will certainly take at least two weeks to resume normal operations. If they can empty the system in a week, they can fill it in a week.
I believe Friday will be the last day for ups freight. I think they have been looking for a reason to dump the freight division. They are going to blame it on on the pending vote. The other scenario I see is it has been rumored for over a year that amazon and also Home Depot have been interested in buying a nationwide carrier. Could amazon/Home Depot be in the process of buying the freight division from ups?

Nope! if you for 1 minute think That UPSF is going to bring in anymore Labor than "what the plan calls for" Your head is in the clouds. The top 20% will get 12-14 hours a day next week. Everyone else will Ride the pine with a 10% increase in Labor every week after. It will take 4 months to get back to full capacity. do you think our bottom ranks still in progression will wait by the phone for a chance to work 4 hrs and no benefits. UPSF will shrink its footprint because of the inability to hire and keep drivers. Then it will be 14 hr days for the dock for the foreseeable future.

Nope! if you for 1 minute think That UPSF is going to bring in anymore Labor than "what the plan calls for" Your head is in the clouds. The top 20% will get 12-14 hours a day next week. Everyone else will Ride the pine with a 10% increase in Labor every week after. It will take 4 months to get back to full capacity. do you think our bottom ranks still in progression will wait by the phone for a chance to work 4 hrs and no benefits. UPSF will shrink its footprint because of the inability to hire and keep drivers. Then it will be 14 hr days for the dock for the foreseeable future.

Behonest it may take 2 too 4 weeks with the trucking market being so tight.. Nobody know how this thing will turn out...It's just talk and a guessing game....

Who will ‘cut and run’ to other carriers?
A very, very few will not be able to find another job.

Although the new contract language says the company cannot force an employee to work over 11 hours.

11.5 if there is another shift scheduled. very easy to not schedule and put the bottom 35% ON CALL. Drivers can also be forced over because The contract Language states they Must finish the dispatch.

I believe Friday will be the last day for ups freight. I think they have been looking for a reason to dump the freight division. They are going to blame it on on the pending vote. The other scenario I see is it has been rumored for over a year that amazon and also Home Depot have been interested in buying a nationwide carrier. Could amazon/Home Depot be in the process of buying the freight division from ups?
No way in hell do either of those companies want anything to do with running a union carrier.