XPO | Garbage and lift gate freight

You were all wanting to know what the new truck look like well here's a sneak peek
le789rw.jpg

When someone is hurt or killed by freight that XPO shouldn't be handling , then maybe things will change because of a lawsuit.

For example , has anyone every seen a gunsafe come through that's supposed to be liftgate and residential? Weighs a couple of tons and is a tipping hazard and a single driver has absolutely NO business attempting to deliver. Yet XPO does this for a major customer.

When someone is hurt or killed by freight that XPO shouldn't be handling , then maybe things will change because of a lawsuit.

For example , has anyone every seen a gunsafe come through that's supposed to be liftgate and residential? Weighs a couple of tons and is a tipping hazard and a single driver has absolutely NO business attempting to deliver. Yet XPO does this for a major customer.
Just call corporate safety dept and refuse to deliver for safety reasons. If they fire you for that then do you really want to be there?

Just call corporate safety dept and refuse to deliver for safety reasons. If they fire you for that then do you really want to be there?

They can't afford to fire any one right now. We got guys bringing stuff back everyday for " to lazy to do it " reasons.

I know what you mean, icu. While at ABF, I delivered DOZENS of those damn things...by myself, like you mentioned. The one that I remember most was a pickup of a damaged (on delivery by another one of our guys..not sure why he even took it off the truck after I saw it) safe. You guessed it...the driveway was UPHILL! I wrestled with it for several minutes, finally had to knock on the 75-year-old gals door and ask her to give me a shove up the incline. God love her, she gave it all she had and we finally got it onto the liftgate. Then I had to deliver the new one, which going downhill with a top-heavy piece of freight is always an experience! Certainly a delivery and pickup I’ll never forget!!

You are spot-on...those should be delivered by TWO guys!

XPO freight nearby has told drivers not to accept any freight over 12 foot long. Also , no bundles or metal strapped to a pallet. Metal and bundles have to be crated. New moto is "11 , 11" all freight has to be eleven feet eleven inches long or less to ride XPO trailers.

XPO freight nearby has told drivers not to accept any freight over 12 foot long. Also , no bundles or metal strapped to a pallet. Metal and bundles have to be crated. New moto is "11 , 11" all freight has to be eleven feet eleven inches long or less to ride XPO trailers.

And even then, they said that they are charging the snot out of them to move it. I was at a big account two days after they told us. Picked up two flaming pieces of garbage from them. Metal over 12 foot just strapped to a skid on one end. Wanted to see if there would be any fall out from it. Nothing. Or at least nothing on my end. For all we know the bill was ungodly and they won’t continue to ship that with XPO in the future. It’s generally better for the sales staff to handle diplomatic situations anyway. There’s nothing the guy loading you can do about anything. He’s just doing as told. It’ll all sort itself out. With or without me getting cussed at. And how am I to know if the sales staff ain’t worked it out that we are gonna charge this specific account or that specific account this, that, or whatever ? They been doing that a lot lately. Telling accounts that they won’t haul it any more and then after they renegotiate the price we are hauling it again.