R&L | Garbage outfit

SSinner

TB Lurker
Credits
Fair warning to anybody who is thinking of working for R&l. Dont waste your time with this outfit. They may pay well .but in the long run you will be sorry.when I started 3 years ago I was gung ho , thought I could make this outfit a carrer,went the extra mile. a year ago my wife had a baby,I asked for time off, which they said no, and then wrote me up for taking 2days off. asked for a transfer to another termainal, denied for no reason.Monday its off to Holland to put in an app. No more scab outfits for me. I learned my lesson. They only love you when they need you ,but if you need something its S.o.l.

Thanks for sharing your experience even if it was a less then stellar experience with R&L.
I hope you find happiness and and what you want some place else.

Bear in mind that there will always be good and bad where ever you go. There is no company out there that will be utopia.

But that old adage is true...One man's garbage is and can be anothers treasure.

B.s.

What kind of B> S. Is that!!!!. Just the kind of thing I expect out of a R&L driver. Why would you start that rumor?

Warn act

Read the post,look at the author,look up warn act. 3 things for you to do today. This is how stupid rumors get started." I read somewhere Holland guys didn't get paid today". Then you get in big truck,get on your C.B. and the story will grow from there. By sunday it will be " Hey I heard holland is going under the guys haven't got checks in weeks!!!!!"

Scab

No you are not a scab and I did not call you one. You work for a non-union co. by choice. Another thing for you to look up today LOL.

SSinner said:
Fair warning to anybody who is thinking of working for R&l. Dont waste your time with this outfit. They may pay well .but in the long run you will be sorry.when I started 3 years ago I was gung ho , thought I could make this outfit a carrer,went the extra mile. a year ago my wife had a baby,I asked for time off, which they said no, and then wrote me up for taking 2days off. asked for a transfer to another termainal, denied for no reason.Monday its off to Holland to put in an app. No more scab outfits for me. I learned my lesson. They only love you when they need you ,but if you need something its S.o.l.
Yea you got to love the three personal/sick days:bgroovy: ... Can't use them on a monday or friday. :duh:

SSinner said:

I worked for R & L in Chicago also about two years ago as a supervisor for a few months. Strange place to work for with really bad benefits for how big the company is, and no I don't consider company vacation spots as a benefit. Lot's of better trucking companies in the Chicagoland area to go work for you'll be better off somewhere else don't sweat about this place and move on.

SSinner - You had the legal right to apply for FMLA when your wife had a baby to take off the limited time that you wanted. of course it would have been without pay. Not sure on exactly how much time you could have taken, but I believe in that case you could have had 6 weeks.

worked in the salt city,ny terminal ,WOW what a couple of pudding heads they got for a terminal mgr. and a dispatcher . need time off ,forget it. and whats with the pallet jack and hand cart deal .give me a break for gods sake!!!!!

Sound like a few of you guys couldnt handle the bullsh*t that comes with working for R&HELL!!! I had prior Military Bullsh*t Training to prepare me for anything that any job can throw at me... It's only what you make of it...If your not happy...than move on...THAT's MY MOTTO!!!

Too close to home for me (3 mins) and at $22.47 an hour...Im not going anywhere any time soon. The next closest LTL carrier is about an hours drive in any direction.

Just remember the grass isnt always greener in the other pasture.

Hockey Puck- I heard horror stories about that terminal in Chicago, if he would have asked for FMLA they probably would have wrote him up, suspended him or fired him

Forman - If they did can him for exercising his Federally protected rights, they would have been looking at a larger problem. Of course, much also depends on what a person's work record looks like.