ABF | Garbage to 145??

145'er 4 life

TB Lurker
Credits
there a reason why 167 and 179 can't get dumpsters? Seems our poor casual workers are getting some of your trailers that are 1/2 full of garbage/cardboard and busted pallets?? I am guessing Canada is all pissed off about the Hillary/liberals they have movin up north.. but come on, do we have ass hats sending you garbage from 145?

Nothing says, "I love you", quite like a 1/2 load of trash in the trailer.

I'd like to know what caliber freight cannon they are using at the breakbulks to load to us EOL terminals........

Or are they just setting the trailer on it's nose and using a bobcat to push the Freight down the hole.......

Nothing says, "I love you", quite like a 1/2 load of trash in the trailer.
We had a former manager send it back to the original terminal with pictures to corporate asking why that barn could not do their job right. He also asked the fort permission to send out his trash in a line haul shipment if he kept geting garbage shipments like that. We never had any more trash from that barn while he was the TM. I know he pissed off a few in Fort Smith but he told them if it was ok to receive trash in a line haul shipment he wanted to do the same. Said he had to pay for extra trash runs each month. He feared no one. Was canned but he had his 30 years in with his retirement.

We had a former manager send it back to the original terminal with pictures to corporate asking why that barn could not do their job right. He also asked the fort permission to send out his trash in a line haul shipment if he kept geting garbage shipments like that. We never had any more trash from that barn while he was the TM. I know he pissed off a few in Fort Smith but he told them if it was ok to receive trash in a line haul shipment he wanted to do the same. Said he had to pay for extra trash runs each month. He feared no one. Was canned but he had his 30 years in with his retirement.

Denny?

Yep. Remember his billy bass & the lint black? One in the same. That actually suprised me knowing him. Never to rock the boat. But, something about "Trash Gate" rubbed him the wrong way. Remember during his divorce he had a thermometer drawn on a large poster board seeking 250 large for his laywer & divorce costs & posted on his office door. Even the region 6 VP commented about that one. He had it up on his door for 2 or 3 months. Starched shirts, dressed well, far right wing kind of guy, but, due to his drinking episodes he would do some strange things. But he did know the business. But we all knew Jeff Kenney ran the barn. Jeff has a skill set that went way beyond Denny & he was always sober.

Last edited:
Yep. Remember his billy bass & the lint black? One in the same. That actually suprised me knowing him. Never to rock the boat. But, something about "Trash Gate" rubbed him the wrong way. Remember during his divorce he had a thermometer drawn on a large poster board seeking 250 large for his laywer & divorce costs & posted on his office door. Even the region 6 VP commented about that one. He had it up on his door for 2 or 3 months. Starched shirts, dressed well, far right wing kind of guy, but, due to his drinking episodes he would do some strange things. But he did know the business. But we all knew Jeff Kenney ran the barn. Jeff has a skill set that went way beyond Denny & he was always sober.
I've given you the impression that I worked in IND...never worked there but I do know Denny, however, not to the degree you describe him. I do know the booze caused him a lot of grief toward the end of his career with ABF.

I've given you the impression that I worked in IND...never worked there but I do know Denny, however, not to the degree you describe him. I do know the booze caused him a lot of grief toward the end of his career with ABF.
Ya, it is sad his drinking hurt him in the end with ABF. Also hurt the rank & file. Towards the end he was He was his own worst enemy

there a reason why 167 and 179 can't get dumpsters? Seems our poor casual workers are getting some of your trailers that are 1/2 full of garbage/cardboard and busted pallets?? I am guessing Canada is all pissed off about the Hillary/liberals they have movin up north.. but come on, do we have ass hats sending you garbage from 145?
167 Vancouver is a hole in the wall that's shared with a bunch of nobody carriers, from what I can tell. It's such a cluster cluck that I don't have a clue who actually runs the building. Google says "Spady Transport", Street View shows a trailer from Van-Kam Freightways. And I know that all of ABF's Canadian terminals are bonded, but most are actually located at the bond shed itself.

To make matters worse, ABF Canada exists only to make the government happy. They own nothing here and aside from management and sales they employ nobody either. Dock work, P&D and linehaul are all contracted to some local cartage carrier depending on where it is.

Using U-Pack to move domestically in Canada would be a complete impossibility in most places because the cartage carriers don't work together to cover domestic linehaul between regions.

So if Vancouver is sending you garbage, it's probably because the dock workers are too lazy to care. Send it back, Customs doesn't care.

With out dunnage there's damage,send back a kiss ,Don't forget the trash cans.
I can see the dunnage between the skids, and a couple of sheets on top of the bottom one for stacking. But nose to tail thrown anyway not protecting anything, that is lazy that has gone south. With pictures of shi** loads being sent to upper management, I would not want that to reflect on my barn. If a barn wanted some dunnage we would stack it on a pallet & shrink wrap it so it stayed in tact. We used to have a war with the Dayton terminal until we sent them a night mare of dunnage on a pup that took a day to unload. Fort Smith dropped the hammer on both barns & the peace treaty was signed, end of tit for tat.