Garden Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date
No garden for me this year. I was to move in June and have my house up for sale by now. Didn't even settle on the new house until late in August. The deer population here is ummmm, errrr, eeeee, quite remarkable to say the least so I'm not so sure a garden is in my future. But the quality of purchased produce is a real disappointment so I may consider installing some serious wildlife defenses here. Happy winter everyone.

anti-deer defense..

bw_rakw_110mm_lars_2-001bi.jpg

as all my garden has expired, what i have been doing is laying down some ant killer, and lime. usually i do nothing till the spring, but the lime is time release. i just bought another 5 pound bag this morning in fact, and this weekend, i will spread that as well. yesterday, i used the roto-tiller to churn up the garden, again, something i have never done till spring time.

it's giving me something to do, as i am still out on w/c and i am in need of some light work around here.

as all my garden has expired, what i have been doing is laying down some ant killer, and lime. usually i do nothing till the spring, but the lime is time release. i just bought another 5 pound bag this morning in fact, and this weekend, i will spread that as well. yesterday, i used the roto-tiller to churn up the garden, again, something i have never done till spring time.

it's giving me something to do, as i am still out on w/c and i am in need of some light work around here.
After turning it up it would be beneficial to toss some grass seed around, it adds nitrogen to the soil.

After turning it up it would be beneficial to toss some grass seed around, it adds nitrogen to the soil.
i use 10-10-10 fertilizer, and today, i threw on a little bit more lime.

i'd plant grass, but then i'd have a heck of a time in the spring with it continuing to grow amongst the plants.