FedEx Freight | Gardena CA on strike, walkout!

Aflifer, I'll get back to you. A lot of numbers to consider

No worries......sometimes my math aint the best and needs vetting...

We should be looking at a decent incentive payout in Jan based on a 7.4 OR so far though........:1036316054:, although maxing it out at 15 would be the ideal......

Last edited:

We should be looking at a decent incentive payout in Jan based on a 7.4 OR so far though........:1036316054:, although maxing it out at 15 would be the ideal......

I think you posted the scales a while back. Can't seem to find them. What percentage does a 7.4 OR payout at? Thanks for keeping us informed.

I agreefetishh your theory on its face, however based on what I see your in the minority. That makes me think that Fedex is about where the want to be. If they can't attract the quality of employee their looking for they will have to increase they're package.
Now would be a good time to remind you, I've got no union fetish, but I do understand the value of oranization to insure balance. Balance that was sought, only as a reaction to a persistent and declining situation.

Now your numbers. Just because a center, such as Gardena, has not petitioned, does not mean a majority do not support the effort. Remember, it takes somewhat of a super majority to petition for a vote, per Teamsters. Perhaps that is the case in Gardena. I don't know. I do know for sure that is the case in many locations.

Last edited:
I think you posted the scales a while back. Can't seem to find them. What percentage does a 7.4 OR payout at? Thanks for keeping us informed.
see the corp communication thread. It's in there...

I'll start a new thread on this or find an existing one to address your concern, rather than take the Gardena thread too far into the weeds. Just don't have time at the moment. breaks/lunch won't cut it.

Good news on the O/R and potential bonus! Thanks :1036316054:

Last edited:

Actually, I believe Swamp posted that info for us in the corp comm thread.......hat tip to him on that...

Looks like 7.5 on the matrix pays out at 1.875%.........so we should be right around that Mark for the Jan payout....

see the corp communication thread. It's in there...

I'll start a new thread on this or find an existing one to address your concern, rather than take the Gardena thread too far into the weeds. Just don't have time at the moment. breaks/lunch won't cut it.

Good news on the O/R and potential bonus! Thanks :1036316054:

Thanks Swamp knew it's was you or AF that posted it.

Now would be a good time to remind you, I've got no union fetish, but I do understand the value of oranization to insure balance. Balance that was sought, only as a reaction to a persistent and declining situation.

Now your numbers. Just because a center, such as Gardena, has not petitioned, does not mean a majority do not support the effort. Remember, it takes somewhat of a super majority to petition for a vote, per Teamsters. Perhaps that is the case in Gardena. I don't know. I do know for sure that is the case in many locations.

Honest to god I have know idea how autocorrect put that in there and I didn't see it until you quoted me sorry. I also fully and personally understand the need for balance and I have no problem with you seeking it.
As for my "numbers" this is bigger than Gardenia isn't it? I'm talking system wide here, you have good and bad spots all over the system just as any company does local management is greatly the cause of that. However this has been going on for over a year and a half and you have what 5 terminals? That tells me that system wide the drivers are pretty content, and I don't want to hear that they are to stupid or intimidated to vote yes. You have admitted yourself that there isn't widespread support at this time. So that tells me the company is about right where they want to be to retain the quality employee they seek. I do want to point out that even though your not real satisfied with your current package it's still a pretty good job. You make a decent living and don't really have the work that hard for it.

Honest to god I have know idea how autocorrect put that in there and I didn't see it until you quoted me sorry. I also fully and personally understand the need for balance and I have no problem with you seeking it.
As for my "numbers" this is bigger than Gardenia isn't it? I'm talking system wide here, you have good and bad spots all over the system just as any company does local management is greatly the cause of that. However this has been going on for over a year and a half and you have what 5 terminals? That tells me that system wide the drivers are pretty content, and I don't want to hear that they are to stupid or intimidated to vote yes. You have admitted yourself that there isn't widespread support at this time. So that tells me the company is about right where they want to be to retain the quality employee they seek. I do want to point out that even though your not real satisfied with your current package it's still a pretty good job. You make a decent living and don't really have the work that hard for it.

Actually, the phone error in the quote was mine. I just wanted to point out my effort is to achieve the necessary results. I used to on the other side of the fence, before I fully understood the vital importance and balance organization provides, in the private sector.

As for the numbers. Of the actual votes, 4 voted yes. How many actually voted no? I don't recall.

In theory, we could have more than 50% in favor, at any or all locations, but not have petitions filed. The threshold has been set much higher. I only point this out to offset those who constantly pat themselves on the back, about the fact that so few have actually filed. They want to make it appear that support is no where near a majority. Truth is, we don't really know exactly where and at what level support exists.

You are right that the Company seems to have stabilized their overall turmoil, just enough. The thing is, inconsistencies persist, as well as the challenges of getting and keeping their own management on board.