FedEx Freight | Gardena CA on strike, walkout!

You keep trying red racer, you keep trying. Downplay, deflect, mislead. And you acknowledge that this company is at will but still can't understand why we want the job security a union brings. Of course fedex will say a "small handful"...anything they can to downplay what went on. Go look at the pictures of how many guys wearing fedex uniforms were out there.
What job security? Union cant guarantee anything. Name things a union can guarantee. And unless agreed upon by both fedex and union there are no guarantees

Gardena california???? Same **** ant size terminal as cinnaminson (or however you spell it) yeah, we see where that yes vote got them
Well since I'm right across the river from them and know those guys, let me tell you what it got them. With the threat of the union, suddenly the company seemed to have found money and in one years time roughly they have been given a total of roughly 2.50 an hour more. Still have terrible benefits, and in the last 3 years have fired about 15 guys. 3 most recently since the NO vote. Decent everyday Americans that worked hard for this company for over a decade, only to be tossed out like last night's trash. Nobody backing them up, victims of corporate whims. But Strangely enough, suddenly no more breakfasts, steaks, we love yous, or handshakes...

What job security? Union cant guarantee anything. Name things a union can guarantee. And unless agreed upon by both fedex and union there are no guarantees
What job security? That's laughable. Certainly a hell of a lot more job security than the guys at CIN have I can tell you that. With a union, it's very difficult to fire somebody, if you don't see that based on countless examples in society, you haven't been paying attention. Unions don't guarantee, they negotiate. And the deal is agreed to by both parties, not just the one sided contract you work under now that only favors the corporation in all incidents.

Well since I'm right across the river from them and know those guys, let me tell you what it got them. With the threat of the union, suddenly the company seemed to have found money and in one years time roughly they have been given a total of roughly 2.50 an hour more. Still have terrible benefits, and in the last 3 years have fired about 15 guys. 3 most recently since the NO vote. Decent everyday Americans that worked hard for this company for over a decade, only to be tossed out like last night's trash. Nobody backing them up, victims of corporate whims. But Strangely enough, suddenly no more breakfasts, steaks, we love yous, or handshakes...
So in order for u to do your job u need a handshake, pat on the back, steak, i love u, etc??? How bout just do your job and earn your check?

What job security? That's laughable. Certainly a hell of a lot more job security than the guys at CIN have I can tell you that. With a union, it's very difficult to fire somebody, if you don't see that based on countless examples in society, you haven't been paying attention. Unions don't guarantee, they negotiate. And the deal is agreed to by both parties, not just the one sided contract you work under now that only favors the corporation in all incidents.
But the guys at cin voted for the union. Whats that gotten them? Same with clt, same with eph. They wanted it so bad and its gotten them what?

So in order for u to do your job u need a handshake, pat on the back, steak, i love u, etc??? How bout just do your job and earn your check?
That's what we've been doing all along... Our job we've been earning our checks. But we have watched over the last few years this company take away more and more and more from us and come up with more creative ways to steal the job from us firing you for the stupidest things

You keep trying red racer, you keep trying. Downplay, deflect, mislead. And you acknowledge that this company is at will but still can't understand why we want the job security a union brings. Of course fedex will say a "small handful"...anything they can to downplay what went on. Go look at the pictures of how many guys wearing fedex uniforms were out there.
Thanks brother

They were on the sidewalk handing out flyers this morning in sea. The scm called the police. The cops came and were gone in less than 5 minutes.

I hope fedex finds another reason to replace these whining drivers
I hope they replace you! Go put your head back in the sand. Life is rosy, fedex is marvelous, they love you...Nevermind the mistreatment by this corporation of its people when left unchecked for years. And nice seeing your coworkers get the shaft from you. Lay down in compliance, you corporate slave kiss ass!

Anytime! You've got more support than you know. Hang in there and be patient and stay the course. They will try every tactic imaginable to demoralize you, lie to you, promise to change, etc. Just tell them to put it in writing. Watch your backs, don't get baited into an argument or trap.

Yep hang in there, there's a tsunami coming!

Be careful......with your opinion of the benefits, you wouldn't want to tear a rotator cuff patting anyone on the back. That 2.50 raise over the last 2 years couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that the last 2 years for fxf has produced as much operating income (profit) as the previous 7 years COMBINED could it?

Last edited:
I personally think FedEx and the Teamsters are both ::shit::. I'm going to do what I was told by many on this site to do a couple of years ago and take a job with the state. I'll have a government pension retirement and exellent healthcare benefits. You can't beat the six weeks of paid vacation and personal days starting out and 13 paid holidays a year.

I personally think FedEx and the Teamsters are both :::shit:::. I'm going to do what I was told by many on this site to do a couple of years ago and take a job with the state. I'll have a government pension retirement and exellent healthcare benefits. You can't beat the six weeks of paid vacation and personal days starting out and 13 paid holidays a year.

Interesting, so your going to work for the state? Huh.

Interesting, so your going to work for the state? Huh.

Yep. I had the opportunity to choose between Fedex and the State two years ago. I had a thread about it on here. Everyone agreed on the State job, but I chose Fedex. I've regretted it every since. I've been reapplying since, and now have the opportunity to go. I think I'm going to accept this go round. They have everything I've sought to gain in this campaign and then some. They've also significantly raised the pay since I turned them down the first time. It looks too good to pass up this go 'round.