FedEx Freight | Gardena CA on strike, walkout!

Yep. I had the opportunity to choose between Fedex and the State two years ago. I had a thread about it on here. Everyone agreed on the State job, but I chose Fedex. I've regretted it every since. I've been reapplying since, and now have the opportunity to go. I think I'm going to accept this go round. They have everything I've sought to gain in this campaign and then some. They've also significantly raised the pay since I turned them down the first time. It looks too good to pass up this go 'round.
A bit off topic but.....although we disagree on just about everything, I personally don't know if a State job would necessarily be the best fit for you...IMO. I know we've never met, or actually talked for that matter, but from what I've heard about you and your work ethic, I think you'll find that State job to be very boring. From what I've heard about you when it comes to getting the job done, you're a real go getter, someone that can really get the job done, and from what I see/hear about State jobs, they're more relaxed, laid back, get the job done whenever it gets done...and again, I think you'll get bored real quick.
I've got a friend that works for the State of NC....goes in at 7am, sits around the office "talking" about what they've got to do for that day til bout 7:30ish, head out for breakfast before starting the job (breakfast from 8-9), get to the job site round 9:30ish, actually start working round 10. Work for about an hour and a half, go to lunch round 11:30ish (lunch from 12-1), return from lunch round 1:30ish, start working bout 2ish, work for another hour til 3, then pack up and head back to the office to go home at 4!!
Yes, the bennies may be great but the expected work ethic is pathetic!! Again, with your reputation as a real go getter, I think you'll find that job to be very boring at best. If that's the path you decide to take, best wishes.

You keep trying red racer, you keep trying. Downplay, deflect, mislead. And you acknowledge that this company is at will but still can't understand why we want the job security a union brings. Of course fedex will say a "small handful"...anything they can to downplay what went on. Go look at the pictures of how many guys wearing fedex uniforms were out there.
Not "downplaying, deflecting, or misleading" anything, just stating facts!! If you come in on time and do your job, you have nothing to worry about....your job security is in YOUR hands, the company doesn't fire anyone, people fire themselves!!
I seen many of pics and vids, very little "protestors" are in uniform...I'd say about 30 of 300 or 10%, just like my original statement.

So what are the issues? No one has said why they walked off the job. In the last year it has been a complete turn around in my part of the country. What is happening there to make them so upset?

From what I've pieced together it's the company's crushing anti union campaign hindering their right to organize.

Sudes, you seem to be making your way down the list of company "talking points". Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I doubt that anyone would just happen to bring up almost every lame attempt to downplay the issues.

Let's review you contributions to the discussion...
All of u drivers that are "fed-up" go ahead and give ups, abf or yellow a try and get back to me. If theyre so much better for being union then frickin leave fedex...

Whats the unfair labor practice that this bs walkout is about?
I hope fedex finds another reason to replace these whining drivers
What job security? Union cant guarantee anything. Name things a union can guarantee. And unless agreed upon by both fedex and union there are no guarantees
Them quit and go to yellow or ups if theyre so much better
So in order for u to do your job u need a handshake, pat on the back, steak, i love u, etc??? How bout just do your job and earn your check?
But the guys at cin voted for the union. Whats that gotten them? Same with clt, same with eph. They wanted it so bad and its gotten them what?
Talking points all.

You keep saying CIN voted yes. They voted NO. EPH, across the river voted yes.

I'm not going to reiterate(right now) the case that has been made over and over, but I will direct you to some "catch up reading", to bring you up to speed.

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/th...on-to-vote-in-a-union-at-fedex-freight.59771/

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/listen-to-the-anti-union-guys-please.62690/

http://www.truckingboards.com/bb/threads/before-vote-reading-remember.63550/

Read all that and get back to us... Then we can talk about it.

I thought if you didn't like your job
YOU JUST QUIT maybe you did and don't know it yet
I'm sure there's far better places to work, so go there and be a lazy POS
There
By the way, your not speaking for the majority just the few
Just go away and let the rest of us work

I thought if you didn't like your job
YOU JUST QUIT maybe you did and don't know it yet
I'm sure there's far better places to work, so go there and be a lazy POS
There
By the way, your not speaking for the majority just the few
Just go away and let the rest of us work

Last time I checked this is the United States of America and we have rights to organize a labor union. If you don't like people having rights maybe you should move to China.

The bottom line here is that FedEx doesn't fire people for doing their job. That's not how business works. I've been here 33.67 years, and I've never seen anyone fired unjustly. I've seen lots of worthless ass holes claim they were mistreated, all while they stole the company blind, or flunked drug tests and claimed "I don't know how that cocaine/marijuana/vicodin got into my urine". Seriously? Come to work, do your job, and go home. Leave the drama back in kindergarten, and STFD in bad weather! (Slow The "F" Down).

End of sermon.

ST

From what I've pieced together it's the company's crushing anti union campaign hindering their right to organize.

Actually, it's a half dozen drivers who spend all their time in the SCM's office trying to explain why they shouldn't be fired for their unbelievably immature and unprofessional behavior, who refuse to just grow up and do their damn job. The rest of the facility wants nothing to do with the union. That's from a senior road driver with his name on the door of the truck and a well known reputation for being a silent professional. He goes to work, he does his job, he goes home.

I respect him and believe him.

ST, not such a silent professional.

There it is in a nutshell below by ST !!!
This exactly what I do when I'm not here baby sitting.

THIS QUALIFIES FOR THE POST OF THE DAY , HELL MAYBE BEST POST EVER !

The bottom line here is that FedEx doesn't fire people for doing their job. That's not how business works. I've been here 33.67 years, and I've never seen anyone fired unjustly. I've seen lots of worthless ass holes claim they were mistreated, all while they stole the company blind, or flunked drug tests and claimed "I don't know how that cocaine/marijuana/vicodin got into my urine". Seriously? Come to work, do your job, and go home. Leave the drama back in kindergarten, and STFD in bad weather! (Slow The "F" Down).

End of sermon.

ST

There it is in a nutshell below by ST !!!
This exactly what I do when I'm not here baby sitting.

THIS QUALIFIES FOR THE POST OF THE DAY , HELL MAYBE BEST POST EVER !

Not everyone is blessed with good managers. Post of the day if your blessed and work out of a fair terminal. Some don't have that luxury of being treated fairly. An arrogant post maybe. Work out of a terminal with a ruthless manager and see if you sing the same tune.

Not everyone is blessed with good managers. Post of the day if your blessed and work out of a fair terminal. Some don't have that luxury of being treated fairly. An arrogant post maybe. Work out of a terminal with a ruthless manager and see if you sing the same tune.

And I would ask you a simple question: are you doing your best to work with a bad situation? I've dealt with bad managers. It sucks. Managers come and managers go...and if your willing to persevere...they leave and you're still here....

And I would ask you a simple question: are you doing your best to work with a bad situation? I've dealt with bad managers. It sucks. Managers come and managers go...and if your willing to persevere...they leave and you're still here....
I don't work at Fed Ex. I have a great manager. But i know of some that are far from good people. Its not your decision if they, the employee, stays or goes and they are making the best of it the way they see fit. They are "doing their best to work with a bad situation." Your lucky to have a good place to work. I've had managers that abuse the drivers with terrible hours and work conditions before. Thank god ours didn't last long but some don't have that luxury. Hope you don't get judged like your judging all the guys who are trying to make a better place to work. I don't even totally disagree with your opinion. I'm sure there's some bad apples riding the train.

Last edited:
The guys over there walked out on the company over unfair labor practices. See, they don't have a union and they're showing their power. That takes balls. And I'm glad to see other terminals in the country are fed up with this company like we are at EPH. Thank you everybody at Gardena California, we support you and we stand with you, your friends at EPH!
What unfair labor practices? I've been here 20 years and no one has been unfair to me. Teamsters? Which local would you want to join? Or should I ask which local has a President out on bail?