FedEx Freight | Gardena CA on strike, walkout!

Not everyone is blessed with good managers. Post of the day if your blessed and work out of a fair terminal. Some don't have that luxury of being treated fairly. An arrogant post maybe. Work out of a terminal with a ruthless manager and see if you sing the same tune.

What makes you think I never did Sir.
I have a great mgt team now but ,
I have seen it all Pal.....

I thought if you didn't like your job
YOU JUST QUIT maybe you did and don't know it yet
I'm sure there's far better places to work, so go there and be a lazy POS
There
By the way, your not speaking for the majority just the few
Just go away and let the rest of us work
*if you use the reply feature, it makes it clear who you are speaking to* That helps in a crowded room, like this one.

1) Who said they don't like their job? I know I didn't say that.

2)I don't usually use the terms you use, but in your case I'll make an exception. Perhops YOU should do a little research, rather than look like a “lazy POS”. It takes some effort to know WTF you are talking about. Make your case that UPS is comprised of the lazy.

3)Actually, smart guy, I don't speak for ANY, just myself. Who is this “we” that you are speaking for? Obviously, a big part of the problem is the HUGE difference from one location to the next. One location may have a competitive wage as well as high degree of professionalism, while other locations have neither. THAT is undeniably true, westdriver.

4)Not going away anytime soon. That would be the “lazy POS” way to go. It is far more difficult to stay and try to restore balance to the workplace. Also many of us have significant time and effort invested. Why should I throw that away, only to benefit those who remain?

There are good reasons that the original companies (that would become FXFE) never had this issue (to any significant degree), and there is also a reason that we have this issue today.

You can pride yourself, westdriver, in your right to work for less (and less), while doing more (and more). Just don't discount the value of those attempting to maintain fair market value as well as a professional work environment.

Try not to be a “lazy POS”. Do some research on the vital importance of (private sector) Union representation in all capitalist societies. The corporation is a group of people coming together to atchieve what the individual cannot. The Union is also a group of people accomplishing what the individual cannot. THAT IS BALANCE, westdriver. That is Capitalism at work.

Although I no longer work for FEDEX I took the advise of a driver out here in the WEST and left. Was it a good move for me---yes. The grass was greener on the other side and so are the trucks. Its funny when I worked the dock where I ran to, all you would hear is how were not being treated fairly when everyone going to this HUB had a dock bid but only certain terminals drivers had to work it while other got immediately turned or just sat in their tractors and waited for others to load their freight for them.
Then I guess things are all better for those that move up in seniority due to retirements and people that move on to better jobs and now instead of working the dock, you get a 500 mile turn. Now you can tell others to leave if you dont like it here---what a bunch of crud......

Say it ain't so....surely the thugs weren't intimidating those employees who disagreed with their agenda, that would result in an "Unlawful Strike" according to the NLRB which means they'll lose any and all protection afforded to them by the NLRB!!!
Again, I stand by my original statement....striking without replacement protection from the union, much less a contract, is not the smartest decision by AT WILL employees!!!

Unfortunate that the Teamsters representatives made the FedEx employees look like idiots by harassing other employees. If these are the tactics the Teamsters are using to try and drum up support, then they're no better than FedEx and their unionbusting tactics.

A wasted opportunity for the Teamsters to look like professionals, and now FedEx can play victim and it can't be argued.

There are good reasons that the original companies (that would become FXFE) never had this issue (to any significant degree), and there is also a reason that we have this issue today.
Just curious....are you insinuating that FedEx (minus the original companies) is the reason we have these issues today?

Last edited:
Not everyone is blessed with good managers. Post of the day if your blessed and work out of a fair terminal. Some don't have that luxury of being treated fairly. An arrogant post maybe. Work out of a terminal with a ruthless manager and see if you sing the same tune.
Location, location, location, makes your Fedex experience what it is!!!

*if you use the reply feature, it makes it clear who you are speaking to* That helps in a crowded room, like this one.

1) Who said they don't like their job? I know I didn't say that.

2)I don't usually use the terms you use, but in your case I'll make an exception. Perhops YOU should do a little research, rather than look like a “lazy POS”. It takes some effort to know WTF you are talking about. Make your case that UPS is comprised of the lazy.

3)Actually, smart guy, I don't speak for ANY, just myself. Who is this “we” that you are speaking for? Obviously, a big part of the problem is the HUGE difference from one location to the next. One location may have a competitive wage as well as high degree of professionalism, while other locations have neither. THAT is undeniably true, westdriver.

4)Not going away anytime soon. That would be the “lazy POS” way to go. It is far more difficult to stay and try to restore balance to the workplace. Also many of us have significant time and effort invested. Why should I throw that away, only to benefit those who remain?

You can pride yourself, westdriver, in your right to work for less (and less), while doing more (and more). Just don't discount the value of those attempting to maintain fair market value as well as a professional work environment.

Try not to be a “lazy POS”. Do some research on the vital importance of (private sector) Union representation in all capitalist societies. The corporation is a group of people coming together to atchieve what the individual cannot. The Union is also a group of people accomplishing what the individual cannot. THAT IS BALANCE, westdriver. That is Capitalism at work.

I must say swamp, you have a gift for this debate thing.Even when you're pissed your message still comes off as diplomatic. Great post.

I must say swamp, you have a gift for this debate thing.Even when you're pissed your message still comes off as diplomatic. Great post.
Thanks T-Elvis. Sadly, we've been over all of these issues before, but since new people do stumble in, I guess were going to have to go over these things again, and again.

Just curious....are you insinuating that FedEx (minus the original companies) is the reason we have these issues today?

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm coming right out and saying it. The company has said it too, via their representatives. They went overboard and are said to be making an attempt to regain some of the culture that was lost.

Without the three companies that would become FXFE, there could be little or no union effort due to the Railway labor Act that governs FedEx Express, making any effort there extremely difficult. Ground is made up of independent Contractors.

I have zero doubt that AF, Watkins, and Viking would have maintained their deeply ingrained culture. Their CORE PRINCIPALS that made representation unwarranted, and unwanted, would have continued, IMHO. That is history. We can't dwell on that. FedEx has it's own core principals, that we have to adapt to, deal with, and influence where/when we can.

FedEx is not a terrible company, but their focus and priorities differ from those of the original three. Unless and until that focus can truly return to a significant degree, and with CONSISTENCY throughout the system, there will be this ongoing issue, in my opinion.

Happy Friday!

We could get into the specific areas of inconsistency on the freight side, that that never existed on the Express side, especially from a cultural perspective.

Say it ain't so....surely the thugs weren't intimidating those employees who disagreed with their agenda, that would result in an "Unlawful Strike" according to the NLRB which means they'll lose any and all protection afforded to them by the NLRB!!!
Again, I stand by my original statement....striking without replacement protection from the union, much less a contract, is not the smartest decision by AT WILL employees!!!

So you were there?? Tell us what really happened Red. Lol

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm coming right out and saying it. The company has said it too, via their representatives. They went overboard and are said to be making an attempt to regain some of the culture that was lost.

Without the three companies that would become FXFE, there could be little or no union effort due to the Railway labor Act that governs FedEx Express, making any effort there extremely difficult. Ground is made up of independent Contractors.

I have zero doubt that AF, Watkins, and Viking would have maintained their deeply ingrained culture. Their CORE PRINCIPALS that made representation unwarranted, and unwanted, would have continued, IMHO. That is history. We can't dwell on that. FedEx has it's own core principals, that we have to adapt to, deal with, and influence where/when we can.

FedEx is not a terrible company, but their focus and priorities differ from those of the original three. Unless and until that focus can truly return to a significant degree, and with CONSISTENCY throughout the system, there will be this ongoing issue, in my opinion.

Happy Friday!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not denying that the company isn't at fault, I'm just questioning which company is at fault....my point is the only thing that has really changed is the name on the door. We are basically still AF IMO, let me explain....we use the same DOT number that was designated to AF...FedEx Freight's corporate HQ's is still in Harrison, AR, AF's old HQ's...when FedEx bought AF after they bought Viking, they remained separate (East, West) until they merged and Viking's CEO took over Freight for a short time until he retired, then another AF guy took the reigns....when those changes to insurance, other policies, etc...that you've cited in the past as reasons for our current situation were made, those changes were decisions that were made by AF guys....they bought Watkins, kept them separate and then merged them as well but AF guys were still in control....most of the decision makers within the company today are still old AF guys....most centers are still ran by old AF guys. Yes, FedEx has changed our business principals and I'm certain they've had a hand in guiding us in the direction that we're headed in today, but most of the changes/decisions that were made were made by old AF guys.

Times change, things change, people change...can we say for certain that if FedEx had not bought AF that we wouldn't still be in this same situation today, no, because I can remember back in the 90's, before FedEx came along, there were employees who were upset with how things were transpiring and some were pushing for the union then...even CLT in 96 if my memory serves me correctly.

I agree, FedEx isn't a bad company, but IMO it's still AF with FedEx on the door. The problem lies with those who were employed by Viking and Watkins that now work for FedEx Freight (AF) and they want things to go back to the way they had it...we must convince them that the FedEx Freight/AF way is better....and FedEx Freight (AF) must get back to how things were....or as close as we can possibly get.