Yellow | General Executive Board Reviews Legislative Solutions to Pension Crisis

So the taxpayers should bail out your pension fund although most of them have never been in a union nor did they get to vote.
That holds about as much weight as " Should Social Security pay benefits since its underfunded " or " Should Medicare pay benefits since its running at a deficit ". The common link is the govt. had control of all three, while simultaneously running a deficit on all of them. Now they just want to walk away from one now. Won't be long till they try to walk away from the other two..

So the taxpayers should bail out your pension fund although most of them have never been in a union nor did they get to vote.

Evadently you have know idea of our situation with the central states pension fund or the government's roll in all of this.
You know I was going to respond to your ignorance with a nice eloquent explanation but somehow I really don't believe you'd get it, so I'll put it to you like this. The government and corrupture bankers all but enileated our pension fund. They should be held liable by whatever means. All of us teamsters with our tax dollars bailed out the auto industry we bailed out Wallstreet our tax dollars pay for a war nobody wants and in the grand scheme of things what we're asking for is right and fair. It also comes at a very inexpensive fix compared to the ramefacations of what could be otherwise!

Evadently you have know idea of our situation with the central states pension fund or the government's roll in all of this.
You know I was going to respond to your ignorance with a nice eloquent explanation but somehow I really don't believe you'd get it, so I'll put it to you like this. The government and corrupture bankers all but enileated our pension fund. They should be held liable by whatever means. All of us teamsters with our tax dollars bailed out the auto industry we bailed out Wallstreet our tax dollars pay for a war nobody wants and in the grand scheme of things what we're asking for is right and fair. It also comes at a very inexpensive fix compared to the ramefacations of what could be otherwise!
Ahhhh.
We know.
It's just chatter.
Not ignorance.
We certainly understand the big picture.
Please.
:1sm057crazy:

No we shouldn't have bailed out wall Street, banks nor the auto industries. On that we can agree that not withstanding we the members voted in our leadership, time and again we elected a UPS cooperate lawyer named James P. Hoffa. Time and again we've chosen the same leaders at the locals. So we as Teamsters do bare a large portion of the blame.

No we shouldn't have bailed out wall Street, banks nor the auto industries. On that we can agree that not withstanding we the members voted in our leadership, time and again we elected a UPS cooperate lawyer named James P. Hoffa. Time and again we've chosen the same leaders at the locals. So we as Teamsters do bare a large portion of the blame.
Not THIS blame

Overnite drivers really don't
The federal government allowed Wall Street to manage the fund. Do you see the picture that is being painted?

No we shouldn't have bailed out wall Street, banks nor the auto industries. On that we can agree that not withstanding we the members voted in our leadership, time and again we elected a UPS cooperate lawyer named James P. Hoffa. Time and again we've chosen the same leaders at the locals. So we as Teamsters do bare a large portion of the blame.[/QUOTE. QUOTE]

But it's not going to pass- which was my point..... so all the bluster of this page is for naught.
I like naughty bluster pages. Makes for fun reading.
:17142:
Or naught bluster pages.
Or bluster naught?
Something like that.
Nah. Nevermind.
All for....

The federal government allowed Wall Street to manage the fund. Do you see the picture that is being painted?
Allowed, yes. Not Ordered. But the Consent Decree allowed the Trustees to fire and change Management Funds. We had an Overseer, but all he was supposed to do was ensure we were legal. It was still our Trustees who were responsible.