Georgia shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Apr 29, 2014.

1. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Why, what classification should they be? They are owner-operators, just like thousands around the U.S.? Fred will just start trip leasing them then, or have them put "leased to" on the door, nothing they can do about that...[/QUOTE]

Its not just Mass but a bunch. Maine, CA, IL, soon MO.......but I guess then you'll flipflop to the side which says some Federal law on Interstate commerce should overrule State laws.

2. slavenomore

Why, what classification should they be? They are owner-operators, just like thousands around the U.S.? Fred will just start trip leasing them then, or have them put "leased to" on the door, nothing they can do about that...[/QUOTE]

The guys I meet at docks are not owner operators. They work for owner operators. They drive the trucks and do whatever the owner operator says who does what FedEx says.

Its a low life system of oppression to keep unions out. Been there done that.
    Was classified contractor before without owning truck.
    Also worked the lowlife system of Corporation owning trucks yet employed by personnel corps who must do everything Corporation says as boss to keep dedicated account.
    All designed to keep unions out and oppress American workers. Its wrong.

Companies used to have own drivers.
    Then they go to these dedicated accounts and contractor misclassificatkons to keep unions out.
    Immoral and should be criminal IMO.

3. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

Its not just Mass but a bunch. Maine, CA, IL, soon MO.......but I guess then you'll flipflop to the side which says some Federal law on Interstate commerce should overrule State laws.[/QUOTE]

I'm not the crackpot you think I am Slave.. I was an O/O back in the late 70's, I know the laws.... Should the states overrule some Fed laws, yes.. The if the Feds aren't going to employ people to regulate their laws, other than Fed DOT, then F'em... How many actual Fed DOT officers have you met? Flip-flop, no that's your forte'......

4. Starkravinloon

The guys I meet at docks are not owner operators. They work for owner operators. They drive the trucks and do whatever the owner operator says who does what FedEx says.

Its a low life system of oppression to keep unions out. Been there done that.
    Was classified contractor before without owning truck.
    Also worked the lowlife system of Corporation owning trucks yet employed by personnel corps who must do everything Corporation says as boss to keep dedicated account.
    All designed to keep unions out and oppress American workers. Its wrong.

Companies used to have own drivers.
    Then they go to these dedicated accounts and contractor misclassificatkons to keep unions out.
    Immoral and should be criminal IMO.[/QUOTE]
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    WE see contractor hauling our freight every day Slave... They call it "purchased transportation" nowadays... Do I like it, no,that takes freight from our drivers, just like they are dong on your union yards and you or the union can't stop it..

But, I guess as long as you are moving, what difference does it make? Has Hoffa stopped it? I know he's tried, but I can't remember anyone saying he has been successful..

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash OBAMA'S CREATION.

If I were a bettin' man, I'd bet that Fred wouldn't like ol' Slavey because he's lazier than a spotted hound. I can't prove it, but I'd bet on it.

6. Northern Flash

Who do you think pays the rest of the networks and radio stations?:duh:

7. Northern Flash

Each morning, he ***** out more brains than Obama ever had.

8. Starkravinloon

He says that Fred can't run for President because of some "shady" car accident..LOL.. Wonder why that never hurt Teddy's chances of setting at home with no job.... Those stupid SOB's in Massachusetts kept on puttin' his sorry azz in there... I guess Democrats have different morals, except when a Republican does it, all the sudden they get some...

9. Northern Flash

That's why unions get little good coverage.
    Corporations want us gone.[/quote] About 85% of America want your Unions either gone or left to fend for themselves. Bailouts are unacceptable to the American public. Especially when the Union people are making more (and doing less) than the average American.

Wrong. No there aren't. It's just that the Unions would rather do smoke filled, backroom deals versus spending money on advertising. That way they keep the money among the big shots of Corporate and the Union's leadership.

10. Starkravinloon

About 85% of America want your Unions either gone or left to fend for themselves. Bailouts are unacceptable to the American public. Especially when the Union people are making more (and doing less) than the average American.

Wrong. No there aren't. It's just that the Unions would rather do smoke filled, backroom deals versus spending money on advertising. That way they keep the money among the big shots of Corporate and the Union's leadership.[/QUOTE]

For some odd reason, Hoffa doesn't like to "media"... I would think he wouldn't mind... Kinda free advertising if ya ask me....

11. Northern Flash

One out of 10 MSM outlets lean to the Right, yet the news is controlled?

Could the dropping Union membership be because they have no back bone and a worthless product to sell? The Unions used to have the "prestige" of being the leaders when it came to pay and benefits........those days are gone because of Hoffa's leadership. When a grievance takes over a year to be heard........nobody needs to be paying a Union for that "benefit".

12. Northern Flash

Do you mean like the United Auto Worker's Union members at General Motors. They got a bonus, while they still haven't paid the tax payers back. That's just another reason why John Q. Public has had their fill of the Unions.

13. Northern Flash

Nobody would want to get in front of cameras and try to sell people an excrement sandwich.

14. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

LOL..That's true, never really thought about it but, he could be on several networks every night if he wanted to.

15. Starkravinloon

Ya gotta capitalize when your people are pissed at you.....

16. slavenomore

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    WE see contractor hauling our freight every day Slave... They call it "purchased transportation" nowadays... Do I like it, no,that takes freight from our drivers, just like they are dong on your union yards and you or the union can't stop it..

But, I guess as long as you are moving, what difference does it make? Has Hoffa stopped it? I know he's tried, but I can't remember anyone saying he has been successful..[/QUOTE]

I guess the big point is,

If we were all in it together like it used too be, we could stop it. The seperation allows.it.
    As long as everybody stays out there nobody can stop it.

17. Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!

Didn't FedEx just keep the same model that was in place with RPS?(Roadway package systems)

18. slavenomore

I don't deny that.
    All our paid by corporations.
    That's why unions get little good coverage.
    Corporations want us gone.

I think there may even be laws preventing us to advertise but I'm not sure. If so we are kept right where they want us and control all said about us.[/QUOTE]

Actually saw a big billboard on one of our main routes out of Reading today. Must have went up over the weekend. It said really huge
    "Join a union."
    Paid by this group of unions. Nice to see. Reading needs some serious economic help.

Building and Construction Trades Council of Reading and Vicinity

19. Starkravinloon

Actually saw a big billboard on one of our main routes out of Reading today. Must have went up over the weekend. It said really huge
    "Join a union."
    Paid by this group of unions. Nice to see. Reading needs some serious economic help.

Building and Construction Trades Council of Reading and Vicinity[/QUOTE]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Isn't most of the East Coast down to Virginia, still predominately union? P.S. I don't know how your quotes are getting run together like this, but it's getting damn confusing... But I managed to decipher...

20. Northern Flash

Good grief.

You have to have [ quote ] TEXT [ /quote ]

Rookies..............lol

Space not needed in between quotations. I had to put the space in.