Georgia shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Magoo, Apr 29, 2014.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Well-Known Member

I was wondering what was goin on..sure is annoying..lol

2. Starkravinloon

Starkravinloon Hero's Falling At Home

I had to say WTH? It was like reading War and Peace, backwards....

3. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

We don't wait a year here. Somebodys not doing something right.

Is it that hard to understand that you need the majority of your trade in the union to get things better?

Everybody was basically in the game till 1980.
    Deregulation.
    We need companies to have a union. I once saw a list of companies who fell since then and its long.
    Now we have 2......not really.

So as the nons are out their allowing their companies to do whatever they want, how do you expect that 2 companies are gonna bargain for a better deal? Without sinking those companies?

I'm frustrated with all these crappy deals at YRC and with Johnson/Hoffa with it........but I'm even more frustrated with guys on the nons who just don't her or understand that all LTL drivers would have it made if we all pulled together and joined.
    This was a great job to raise a family with but its just too many hours with not enough comp with all these nons thinking its great staying non.
    It baffles me that guys dont want any better for these long hours.

Don't you think we'd have it better if say Conway and FedEx were union too with ABF and YRC

4. Starkravinloon

Go after'em.. They are ripe for the pickin'.. But I wouldn't send Hoffa to recruit'em... He may not make it back...

5. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Maybe not where you are at, but we did where I was at. We had grievances that sat for so long (over a year) that the grievant would forget what the details about the issue even were. Some grievances were dropped just because the employee got tired of waiting for it to be heard, so they'd just withdraw it.

Keep dreaming, that's never going to happen. The Union is more focused on organizing the burger flippers than they are the other LTL companies. Keep cheering them on.....it's really helping your industry.

The union does......but the general public doesn't.

Over the last 5 or so years, while I was a Teamster, I watch the company do "whatever they wanted".......and the Union became worthless.

Don't you think we'd have it better if say Conway and FedEx were union too with ABF and YRC[/QUOTE]Sure, but organizing them two are just a wet dream of the Union's. The Union is making zero effort to organize them. They are focused on organizing their newest union sector...........The International Brotherhood of Lettuce Pickers.

6. sharpshooter

Nothing is getting Unionized with this leadership but...they keep getting voted in..hmmm?? Everybody that comes over from the non-union places, love working in a union shop here. They just didn't know the difference before, I guess. They sure as hell don't wanna go back

7. slavenomore

Sure, but organizing them two are just a wet dream of the Union's. The Union is making zero effort to organize them. They are focused on organizing their newest union sector...........The International Brotherhood of Lettuce Pickers.[/QUOTE]
    I see your post as an attitude of that of a liberal or progressive.

If their was more of a conservative action according to the conservative self description, they would get it done, the grievances and organizing, but it must be those who need their butts wiped who don't get the grievances heard and thats why it ain't been done.

It takes action, sometimes above and beyond, to get things moving and done.
    It doesn't work just paying dues and not pursuing what you want done. Luckily New Penn nor our local works like yours.
    If our guys don't get desired response from BA they go to local president or eastern region freight director........action. Butt wiping worked long ago but not now.
    We only pay $52/ month and that covers our insurance and representation. Try and get insurance like ours for that price.
    Our terminal ain't perfect. Its not 1960. But the options are there if wed need to push harder.....but its up to the member and how far they want to go and alit of times we don't need to go farther than our TM or BA. Most times.

8. Northern Flash

First off.......Today isn't your first day on here......so do the "quotes" the right way.

YES I AM. lol

There once was a day when being a Teamster got you real good insurance and real good representation.......now you only get one of the two. So did your dues get cut in half?

9. slavenomore

I don't know how to put them bubbles in on my phone.

When you got a lot for your dues money their was a higher percentage of Teamsters in the trade.
    You must have to pry your fingers from a dime if you think $52/ month is too much for great health insurance ( that covers 5 people in my house) AND for a pretty good set of work rules.

Hoffas not hurting my comp as much as you and people like you are. People expect miracles. We can't ask for much more if your not all in the game. It ends in bankruptcy. But if we were all in, some would go bankrupt but wed still have voice in our rate and have other places to go. Its our trade and if we were union wed say what we're worth. But staying out allows others too.
    That's not very capitalistic. Nor dignified.

10. Starkravinloon

I'm thinking of buying me another Sig 1911 or a Beretta 92A1.. What do you think Slave, the 1911 or 92?

11. Northern Flash

I don't argue that $52 per month is a good price for insurance, but you still have other costs with your insurance. And at the barn that I came from, $52 was way too high for "work rules" protection, because they were never followed by management, and the Union wouldn't do **** about it.

12. slavenomore

So what do you pay now?

If higher, which it probably is, remind me not to follow your economic theories.

A lot of guys who complain about the union within the union forget one major thing:

As a dues paying member, You ARE the union.

Sometimes it takes more effort than a lot of guys are willing to put in, to get things done.
    As jimmyg has written on the bottom of his posts:
    Get up and try again. Go over the heads of the local if ya must. Go outside the union and company if ya must. We've called the police instead of the BA already. Sometimes ya have to throw a curve.
    But the dominance of the nons in the trade, which you seem to favor, keeps it that way, leaving us frustrated and unable to do what we think is right.

13. sharpshooter

Sorry, this wasn't directed to me but, here's my suggestion.

A Sig P938, it's like a mini 1911...I love it!!! pair it up with an N82 Tactical holster https://www.n82tactical.com/ and you can wear it against your skin down there, in the heat, under a light T-shirt and be completely comfortable...or even a pocket holster if you want

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Northern Flash

$700.00 per month would be for my BarryCare.

And you probably couldn't follow my "economic theories". If you did or could, you'd have also been semi-retired at age 44. Had you been more of a Conservative throughout your life, you wouldn't have to count on a Union to keep groceries on your table.

15. Northern Flash

You must be one of those evil gun owners just looking for someone to kill.:biglaugh:

16. sharpshooter

I probably could have shot a fleeing shoplifter at Lowes last week, if I was the type that CCX and Magoo, think are your typical gun owners but, I figured, since he was running away, and posed no threat (besides increasing prices by his actions) I kept it holstered

BTW..he was white too, so it wouldn't have made the evening news

17. Starkravinloon

With our business and IRA and savings, I could be retired by now.. But I like to work.. Plain and simple.... Who wants to just sit around and do nothing.. Ooops.. My bad,,..

18. Northern Flash

A white guy getting shot by a white guy? Move along folks, there's nothing left to see here.

19. Northern Flash

:36:

Pick me.....pick me.

It does get boring at times though.