Yellow | Get "ON THE RECORD" In San Antonio!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
:chairshot:By now most Locals have had meetings with stewards and/or rank and file concering the Change of Ops! I am assuming that barns at CGB, CVE/RFO, DAL, IND, LCP, ATL, CNC, JMI, KCM, MEM, AND NSH, will bring several stewards and possibly informed rank and file with them to San Antonio, to ask questions, and to get clear cut clarifications "on the record"! NOW is the time to hold your local freight business agents feet to the fire and demand that your local is represented fully in San Antonio! This is one of the most comprehensive changes of operation that we have ever had at Yellow, and will affect ALL of us for years to come! The transcripts of these hearings will be invaluable resources to fall back on when the overzealous management in our barns try to implement the changes locally!

Make sure your business agent/agents understand all the rank and file concerns, and tell them you are counting on them to hold Tyson and the rest of the IBT Freight Division's feet to the fire too!

We all realize that BIG CHANGES were necessary to help the YRC companies survive, but we also realize we need to salvage as much of the NMFA protections as possible, or YRC execs/management will try to take them away ALL AT ONCE!

If you're lucky enough to get to go to San Antonio, remember that the rank and file are counting on you to report back to us on truckingboards the "real story"! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR TEAMSTER BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO WILL BE REPRESENTING US IN SAN ANTONIO! WE NEED THEM TO "FIGHT THE POWER"!:USA:

:chairshot:By now most Locals have had meetings with stewards and/or rank and file concering the Change of Ops! I am assuming that barns at CGB, CVE/RFO, DAL, IND, LCP, ATL, CNC, JMI, KCM, MEM, AND NSH, will bring several stewards and possibly informed rank and file with them to San Antonio, to ask questions, and to get clear cut clarifications "on the record"! NOW is the time to hold your local freight business agents feet to the fire and demand that your local is represented fully in San Antonio! This is one of the most comprehensive changes of operation that we have ever had at Yellow, and will affect ALL of us for years to come! The transcripts of these hearings will be invaluable resources to fall back on when the overzealous management in our barns try to implement the changes locally!

Make sure your business agent/agents understand all the rank and file concerns, and tell them you are counting on them to hold Tyson and the rest of the IBT Freight Division's feet to the fire too!

We all realize that BIG CHANGES were necessary to help the YRC companies survive, but we also realize we need to salvage as much of the NMFA protections as possible, or YRC execs/management will try to take them away ALL AT ONCE!

If you're lucky enough to get to go to San Antonio, remember that the rank and file are counting on you to report back to us on truckingboards the "real story"! GOOD LUCK TO ALL OUR TEAMSTER BROTHERS AND SISTERS WHO WILL BE REPRESENTING US IN SAN ANTONIO! WE NEED THEM TO "FIGHT THE POWER"!:USA:

Very well said outstanding post:1036316054:

tell them if driver are to take any cuts then lets se the top of the management on down take a big cut in all aspects of moneys made and have them disclose it in writeing so every one will fell treated farely ,its the right thing for them to do.

ALL 5 of us will be there!........KK

Just like the contract, it was over before it even started. San Antonio, I wonder what all goes down there, hmmmmmm....

dro1241l.jpg

Stan Smith, I dont think it was fair to insinuate with your picture links that the union reps are going to San Antonio merely to party. Unsubstantiated rumors help no one. What would be posted if the union reps did not attend?

Stan Smith, I dont think it was fair to insinuate with your picture links that the union reps are going to San Antonio merely to party. Unsubstantiated rumors help no one. What would be posted if the union reps did not attend?

Yeah, I agree. Some are going to see the beautiful flower garden downtown. Ohh Ummm I mean the Alamo. Same difference.

All going to San Antonio.....

Remember the Alamo!!!! Defend us against a larger force.

I think its ridiculous, a 91 day trucking school graduate at CGB, will get to bid change positions over guys at CVE with up to 6 years in. I can't believe some of the similar games going on at LCP with Dock changes either. That only scratches the surface.

We appreciate all the effort you are going through to preserve seniority and job security.

Stan Smith, I dont think it was fair to insinuate with your picture links that the union reps are going to San Antonio merely to party. Unsubstantiated rumors help no one.

I was thinking primarily of Local 771 and if you knew some of the things about that local you may actually agree too. Never-the-less, I will edit the pictures, because I was just carrying on and was not thinking of all of the locals when I posted it..

What would be posted if the union reps did not attend?

Not sure, but why post anything at all. It is 2008, why can't they have a camera there and play it over the internet for all of the people to see? If Local 771 didn't go..... It'd be the same result.

Seniority over solidarity or Solidarity over Seniority?

Not sure, but why post anything at all. It is 2008, why can't they have a camera there and play it over the internet for all of the people to see? If Local 771 didn't go..... It'd be the same result.
Very good point, WHy don't they have a live stream over the net....They could attach it to the IBT's web site as a link very easily..Then we could all be there (so to speak) and if we were unable to watch it live we could just click on it and view it whenever...

Give locals a chance

We have to give them a chance, after all;:butt kiss::nutkick::1036316054::smilie_132: All but one person voted yes at the 2-man in DC.

You will NEVER see that type of transparency within this organization. Secrecy, backroom deals and nod and a wink have become the norm.....If there is no political gain to be had, cameras are a nuisance to these folks. All that we can hope for is a report from KK and the gang from San Antonio. The word is already out and the double-speak continues.....the IBT is claiming that the loss of road jobs is being caused by the "Velocity" aspect of the change, Not the "Utility." Every company official that I talk to is very confident that we will be getting this thing underway by the beginning of the month......I guess they have people in the chain that actually update them.....

If they had cameras there Hoffa would ABSOLUTELY be there sticking his mug in front of it telling everyone he was there to organize the caddies at the golf course.After they overwhelming ratify the coo.So sorry nothing on film fellas!!!

You will NEVER see that type of transparency within this organization. Secrecy, backroom deals and nod and a wink have become the norm.....If there is no political gain to be had, cameras are a nuisance to these folks.

Democracy at its finest. :shutup2:

diceinfo_to_serve_and_protect_header.PNG

I don't know how many Locals will show up to oppose the changes many I suspect have already send letters agreeing with the change.I'm hopeful that some if not all of the ones that do show up will argue well enough to either stop it or get enough things addressed in the decision to at least give both the road and the dock protection. For those of you that are attending we would appreciate feed back on what locals do a good job for us working stiffs. I happen to be from local 776 Harrisburg pa and would be interested on how the Ba's from here do. I had a chance to look at a draft of our agents brief and it looked good to me but I would appreciate feed back from anyone that will attend.Thanks

You my friends that are afraid of cameras are afraid to speak your mind also I propose. While I am aware that it will probably never happen, it would give everyone a chance to see what kind of job our reps are doing for us (or not doing). In this day of live video and next to the minute reporting, this would be the best thing that could happen to get the message out for all non-union people to see, the union brotherhoodstanding strong again companies and doing the right thing to protect the workers rights... Something the government will never do!!!

Very good point, WHy don't they have a live stream over the net....They could attach it to the IBT's web site as a link very easily..Then we could all be there (so to speak) and if we were unable to watch it live we could just click on it and view it whenever...

The chances of ANYTHING being on the teamsters site are less than slim and none.
Would surprise me if actual dues paying members are allowed in where the
"Big Shots" from each side stroke each other. The ones that go and can record it, upload it to Youtube. Just my two cents worth.

With all the cell phone technology now, someone could surely record and even film this very easily. Anyone out there know someone who could fill this bill?