Yellow | Get Prepared For A "No Vote"!!

MyMcHnZ.jpg

We have 2 years, before this company starts crying the blues again, wanting to extend the mou. With all the millions$$$ that this company is throwing away on mobile eyes, TVs in the break rooms, and millions $$$ in bonuses to upper management, there is no way that they are broke. All that is wasteful spending. It has nothing to do with the operations of this company. So anyone who would believe the lies of this company, or the union who is in bed with them, claiming that they are broke, is a complete fool!! Don't be an idiot!! We have 2 years to get ready. Get your debts paid. BE PREPARED TO STAND TOGETHER, AND VOTE NO ACROSS THE BOARD!! EVERY TIME THEY THROW THE BALLOTS IN FRONT OF YOU! GROW A PAIR, AND SOME BRAINS, AND DO WHAT IS RIGHT! ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! GET READY!!
Almost makes me wish i was still there. I LOVE voting NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! yrc ain't worth moosetits. Far out, burn one...

First step in preparring for 2019 is cast your ballot for Zuckerman in "16"!!!! Put a new sheriff in charge, I'll guarentee you he'll put Yrc on `otice the first day that mou's are over and plan on real negotiations from this point forward.

First step in preparring for 2019 is cast your ballot for Zuckerman in "16"!!!! Put a new sheriff in charge, I'll guarentee you he'll put Yrc on `otice the first day that mou's are over and plan on real negotiations from this point forward.

You better hope the economy turns around or we're going nowhere.

U.S. stocks clobbered; Dow plunges 380 points as oil tumbles
U.S. data on retail sales, industrial production surprisingly weak
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...-oil-breaks-under-30-2016-01-15?siteid=yhoof2

US STOCKS-Wall Street sinks; Nasdaq hits lowest since Aug. 24
U.S. industrial output fell for the third straight month in December, underscoring a worsening outlook for fourth-quarter economic growth.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-stocks-wall-street-sinks-144530614.html

You better hope the economy turns around or we're going nowhere.

U.S. stocks clobbered; Dow plunges 380 points as oil tumbles
U.S. data on retail sales, industrial production surprisingly weak
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/do...-oil-breaks-under-30-2016-01-15?siteid=yhoof2

US STOCKS-Wall Street sinks; Nasdaq hits lowest since Aug. 24
U.S. industrial output fell for the third straight month in December, underscoring a worsening outlook for fourth-quarter economic growth.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-stocks-wall-street-sinks-144530614.html
How do you think that will fare with XPO and their recent spending spree? The story line sounds familiar there and so does the follow up.

How do you think that will fare with XPO and their recent spending spree? The story line sounds familiar there and so does the follow up.

Unless the economy reverses course and improves all of us are potentially in trouble.

Wal-Mart, J.C. Penney and Kmart are the latest retailers to announce they’ll be closing stores, with more than 185 of those store closures in the United States.
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...-kmart-jcpenney-closing-stores.html?ana=yahoo

Retail Sales in U.S. Decrease to End Weakest Year Since 2009
Sales at U.S. retailers declined in December to wrap the weakest year since 2009, raising concern about the momentum in consumer spending heading into 2016.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-u-s-decrease-to-end-weakest-year-since-2009

Last edited:
Unless the economy reverses course and improves all of us are potentially in trouble.

Wal-Mart, J.C. Penney and Kmart are the latest retailers to announce they’ll be closing stores, with more than 185 of those store closures in the United States.
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwauke...-kmart-jcpenney-closing-stores.html?ana=yahoo

Retail Sales in U.S. Decrease to End Weakest Year Since 2009
Sales at U.S. retailers declined in December to wrap the weakest year since 2009, raising concern about the momentum in consumer spending heading into 2016.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-u-s-decrease-to-end-weakest-year-since-2009
I agree the economy is weakening, but there is still about 40 months left before our contract is up. I was talking to a friend at Upsf yesterday and they are at 28.50 right now, don't know what their rate will be in '19 but we'll be close to $10/hr behind them by then. 19 will be do or die for Yrc, they will not be able to continue on the track they're currently on.

the5tolls I used $3.00 because that's approximately what the 15% represents. And I agree that there needs to be some sort of pension. But MEPFs are dinosaurs. A 401k is a good idea. All I've been saying is we must make fiscally responsible proposals. Not emotionally driven fantastic proposals. I have also said that restoring lost vacation time would be a very modest gesture from YRCW. And one of the least costly.
I have a friend who drove for CPC Logistics, Teamsters. They transitioned their new drivers out of the pension, gave them 401k accounts and then deposited what used to be a pension payment into the new 401's. Of course, drivers also had the option of making additional contributions of their own as well. His 401k grew at quite a good clip, and the best thing about it that his name is on it and he doesn't have to share it with other people. Now I know to some of old timers here, that sounds selfish and I understand the old mantra "one for all and all for one," but I personally think that for someone's future to be best be protected, that future needs to have one name on an account and not millions.

I have a friend who drove for CPC Logistics, Teamsters. They transitioned their new drivers out of the pension, gave them 401k accounts and then deposited what used to be a pension payment into the new 401's. Of course, drivers also had the option of making additional contributions of their own as well. His 401k grew at quite a good clip, and the best thing about it that his name is on it and he doesn't have to share it with other people. Now I know to some of old timers here, that sounds selfish and I understand the old mantra "one for all and all for one," but I personally think that for someone's future to be best be protected, that future needs to have one name on an account and not millions.

Agree, an account with your name on it showing you the balance of the money contributed on your behalf is much better than a Ponzi scheme pension,unless of course, you were at the top of the pyramid and got to enjoy your retirement before it collapsed.
Even if more truck lines would have joined the fund, to make the fund more sustainable, the premise of the fund would still be the same...the people that are retired cannot survive without payments into the fund by those that are still working.

The pension was the best thing about being a teamster and ironically it the main reason we are almost extinct.With the withdrawl liabilities and the amount of payments our companies contractually had to pay into the fund to keep it alive, we simply couldn't compete.

Think about the amount YRC, ROADWAY, HOLLAND, and ABF contributed towards the pension weekly.It was around 250/week /employee before things went south.ABF continues to pay around 300/week per employee.
The non union competition pay around a 4% match.Lets use 60,000 per year as an average annual salary,at 4% the non Union companies are contributing a measly 2,400 per year while the union lines contribute over 12,000 per year.Even at 25% payments we are at a disadvantage paying over 3,500 per year.

At full contributions ABF and YRCW COULD OFFER A WHOPPING 20 % 401K MATCH ON UP TO 60,000 PER YEAR and still come out better.People would have been begging for a union job, knowing they would all retire millionaires .

What is shocking to me is there is no talk about change to the future of our retirement going forward.Asides from everyone's pensions getting slashed the amount we get is still hinged on the company's survival.To me it shows our ignorance at all levels.With accounts with our names on it and the company bankrupts, we take our contributions with us,at this point if YRCW collapses everyone will be screwed out of their retirement, including those already retired.Wake up people!! Fix the damn problem, instead of just kicking the can down the road.

Agree, an account with your name on it showing you the balance of the money contributed on your behalf is much better than a Ponzi scheme pension,unless of course, you were at the top of the pyramid and got to enjoy your retirement before it collapsed.
Even if more truck lines would have joined the fund, to make the fund more sustainable, the premise of the fund would still be the same...the people that are retired cannot survive without payments into the fund by those that are still working.

The pension was the best thing about being a teamster and ironically it the main reason we are almost extinct.With the withdrawl liabilities and the amount of payments our companies contractually had to pay into the fund to keep it alive, we simply couldn't compete.

Think about the amount YRC, ROADWAY, HOLLAND, and ABF contributed towards the pension weekly.It was around 250/week /employee before things went south.ABF continues to pay around 300/week per employee.
The non union competition pay around a 4% match.Lets use 60,000 per year as an average annual salary,at 4% the non Union companies are contributing a measly 2,400 per year while the union lines contribute over 12,000 per year.Even at 25% payments we are at a disadvantage paying over 3,500 per year.

At full contributions ABF and YRCW COULD OFFER A WHOPPING 20 % 401K MATCH ON UP TO 60,000 PER YEAR and still come out better.People would have been begging for a union job, knowing they would all retire millionaires .

What is shocking to me is there is no talk about change to the future of our retirement going forward.Asides from everyone's pensions getting slashed the amount we get is still hinged on the company's survival.To me it shows our ignorance at all levels.With accounts with our names on it and the company bankrupts, we take our contributions with us,at this point if YRCW collapses everyone will be screwed out of their retirement, including those already retired.Wake up people!! Fix the damn problem, instead of just kicking the can down the road.

Excellent post!!! One of the best I've read in a long time. :1036316054: :1036316054: :1036316054:

The rate of pay in 2019, which is determined by the current MOU will be where the Teamsters and YRCW will begin negotiations. If you take a moment to live in the reality of the situation, you will recognize that since the original MOU of 2009, our wages will be higher than they were then. And if this bursts anyone's bubble, sorry. But only SERIOUSLY delusional people will believe we will get a compensation package that will increase by 15% over and above current wages AND the 15% that was voted away. Historically we NEVER have received such a large increase and it will not happen in 2019 either.
As I said in the "spy cameras" thread:
"If each Teamster received $3.00 more per hour that would cost YRCF an additional $54,000 EVERY HOUR WORKED, $432,000 EVERY 8 HOUR SHIFT, $17,280,000 EVERY WEEK AND $898,560,000 EVERY YEAR. Also if YRCF restores wages to Teamsters, do you not think that the non union employees would be entitled to some sort of raise?"
No matter how much you wish or hope, YRCF is not capable of additional net earnings of almost $900 MILLION.
Why do you and so many others think that this is a RAISE? This is the money that we agreed to before the economy went down the tubes. Other carriers did not take any pay cuts therefore they would not get a raise. We all need to stand together if you expect us to get anything back. After all didn't the union claim that this was the last time and YRC would have all it's bills paid? Well, are they paid? I suggest everyone stand together like real teamsters and vote no to anything other than full rate and benefit reinstated. Then if YRC actually closes the door, then there will be multiple job openings in other freight companies. Put a fork in her she's done!

Agree , not saying we need $3.00 buck raise , but how about giving back our Vac week and .50 cents a year and award the driver's 100 shares of stock for each year worked ??? because albag says the stock does affect the profit , so give us some stock too then ????
No more concessions!!!!!

Why do you and so many others think that this is a RAISE? This is the money that we agreed to before the economy went down the tubes. Other carriers did not take any pay cuts therefore they would not get a raise. We all need to stand together if you expect us to get anything back. After all didn't the union claim that this was the last time and YRC would have all it's bills paid? Well, are they paid? I suggest everyone stand together like real teamsters and vote no to anything other than full rate and benefit reinstated. Then if YRC actually closes the door, then there will be multiple job openings in other freight companies. Put a fork in her she's done!
First of all, EVERY LTL carrier is in an almost constant hiring mode. So if you're waiting for YRCW to fold, BEAT THE RUSH. Show YRCW they can't push you around. Vote with your feet, like quite a few have done.
But remember that whether you like or approve of it, negotiation on compensation (wages & benefits) in 2019 will begin at the AGREED current compensation rate.

First of all, EVERY LTL carrier is in an almost constant hiring mode. So if you're waiting for YRCW to fold, BEAT THE RUSH. Show YRCW they can't push you around. Vote with your feet, like quite a few have done.
But remember that whether you like or approve of it, negotiation on compensation (wages & benefits) in 2019 will begin at the AGREED current compensation rate.
Your absolutely right about where negotiations will begin, but you also have to concede that YRC will have to come up with a good contract to be able to attract new blood or they will have to fold due to attrition. Us old timers ain't going to last forever. Even if the membership would agree to stay on our current course of little.30 cent raises, that would still be the end of the line for Yrc, because we would rot from within. By 2019 they will have to give us an attractive contract, or close, and the latter might be what happens. But I know the market will not allow them to stay on the course they're currently on.

Your absolutely right about where negotiations will begin, but you also have to concede that YRC will have to come up with a good contract to be able to attract new blood or they will have to fold due to attrition. Us old timers ain't going to last forever. Even if the membership would agree to stay on our current course of little.30 cent raises, that would still be the end of the line for Yrc, because we would rot from within. By 2019 they will have to give us an attractive contract, or close, and the latter might be what happens. But I know the market will not allow them to stay on the course they're currently on.
I believe that if YRCW is able to sustain the current momentum financially then there is the possibility, and frankly a necessity of improvements. I've said in the past that one relatively modest gesture, return to prior vacation progressions and pay, would soothe many Teamsters. I have never disputed that, with the exception of senior management, the employees of all YRCW companies have sacrificed greatly. And should YRCW return to true GAAP profitability then there must be a sharing of that new found financial stability.