Holland | get ready holland

Was told today that endtailing was going to happen at our terminal. We will accept the Holland men from Philadelphia, when needed. Their seniority will follow them to New Penn, but they will be at the bottom of our list. Hopefully we can put many to work, but business levels are still very low compared to a few years ago.
flstc2000, up here in buffalo we are going to hire 8 more casuals now im told the hiring is being done online and its first to apply from any yrc employee.I no we had guys in from yellow and roadway or yrc as we call them now. But i think any laid off holland man should get the work first and at full pay .We interline with holland not yrc its their work we are gaining so i think the should be called first. Im shure this will be brought up at the next meeting.

And the members of ........

Burger Flippers of America
The Laundry Washers Assoc.
Grass Cutters United.
Cinema Cleaners Assoc.
The Cigarette Butt Picker Uppers Brotherhood.
The Firetruck Washers.
The International Brotherhood of Lettuce Pickers.
The Stadium Sweepers of America.
Popcorn Poppers United.
And the Burrito Rollers Assoc.

But, not too many truck drivers.

Flash 5 cups down already. Your on a roll. Ice fishin this morning?
Nope. The ice is getting soft and unsafe. Eight inches of water on top of the ice from the melting snow. We got two inches of snow last night.:puke: Freezing rain right now. I need to move a few states to the south.:boat:

Flash the azaleas are in bloom, dogwoods are flowering, grass is turning green and my allergies keep me home 2 days last week.

come on down Flash, 2 inches of snow here in St Louis
The two inches from last night is now up to about six inches. I was hoping that the ice road trucking was over for the year, but looks like tomorrow should be a real treat.

By the way, the fresh 6 inches is sitting on top of the 12 inches (plus high snowbanks) that are still left in my yard.

SPRING IS HERE!!!!!!!!!:clap:
That's what the calendar says, but it sure isn't looking like that up here yet.:furious:

By the way, I would love to live down in that area that you are in. I've been there.

The wife just said to tell you that she is having suicidal thoughts over this new snow.

Flash the azaleas are in bloom, dogwoods are flowering, grass is turning green and my allergies keep me home 2 days last week.
That is a totally uncalled for post Grizz!:biglaugh:
The only dogwood that's in any conversation up here, is that I can't get the dog to go in the woods. With our snow melting over the last couple weeks.......It makes it pretty obvious where the dog has been hanging out all winter. ::shit:: everywhere.

That's what the calendar says, but it sure isn't looking like that up here yet.:furious:

By the way, I would love to live down in that area that you are in. I've been there.

The wife just said to tell you that she is having suicidal thoughts over this new snow.

Can't have thoughts like that....Come on down. By the way do you know the difference in a Yankee and a Damn Yankee?

A Yankee comes south to visit and goes back north but a Damn Yankee comes and stays.

I have one of those damn yankees living across the street..good fella. As a matter of fact I have some Damn Yankee cousins, so we would gladly welcome some more.:clap:

Can't have thoughts like that....Come on down. By the way do you know the difference in a Yankee and a Damn Yankee?

A Yankee comes south to visit and goes back north but a Damn Yankee comes and stays.

I have one of those damn yankees living across the street..good fella. As a matter of fact I have some Damn Yankee cousins, so we would gladly welcome some more.:clap:
We would be happy to become a Damn Yankee, trust me. We will end up down there near you after retirement. Unfortunately, that seems like somewhere around 45 more years.:TR10driving03:

one and only ?

flstc2000, up here in buffalo we are going to hire 8 more casuals now im told the hiring is being done online and its first to apply from any yrc employee.I no we had guys in from yellow and roadway or yrc as we call them now. But i think any laid off holland man should get the work first and at full pay .We interline with holland not yrc its their work we are gaining so i think the should be called first. Im shure this will be brought up at the next meeting.
One of our (Holland) laid off guys did get hired at NP buffalo, but hes the only One I know about