SAIA | Get ready....

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
Heard from a very reliable source there are going to be some things coming down the pipe as early as today. Word is there is going to be yet another layoff. I heard from another driver that it is a paycut. Keep your ears open and your head up everyone.

WINSTON-SALEM -- Since Dell Inc. announced last week it will close its Triad desktop computer manufacturing plant and put 905 people out of paychecks, observers have asked if there were options to keep the operation going.
i wander if this has anything to do with it????

I think that would only effect GBO mainly. I'm sure all of their COM meet runs won't still be around however...and that effects alot of drivers who meet the GBO guys.

Live Call: Saia, Inc. Earnings Conference Call (Q3 2009) - Yahoo! Finance

Saia, Inc. Earnings Conference Call (Q3 2009)
Scheduled to start Fri, Oct 23, 2009, 11:00 am Eastern
Check back at the scheduled start time for
the audio link to appear in this spot.
Add This Event To Your Yahoo! Calendar
After the event has finished, the audio will be available
from this page until Sun, Oct 24, 2010

I guess we will know by next Friday. Good luck to everyone.

Looks like they might chop us down 2 1/2 % pay cut and 13 % layoff but im praying this is not true there r no good paying jobs right now !!

I have verified the layoff and paycut rumors with some reliable sources. Of course the pay cut will hurt us all but the layoffs should be limited to middle managment and linehaul system drivers with the exception of GBO.

I have verified the layoff and paycut rumors with some reliable sources. Of course the pay cut will hurt us all but the layoffs should be limited to middle managment and linehaul system drivers with the exception of GBO.

Why is GBO an exception?

Oh...you know why......we all know why.

Yeah. But when UPPER MANAGEMENT is threatened by job cuts, I bet he goes DTR. (down the road) DDT (dark dusty trail) OTH (outahere)........and the list goes on and on and on and on......ooopps sorry. I got carried away there. :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Because Dell decided it would be more profitable to pay Mexicans 35 cents an hour to build the computers that WE buy. I have always tried to buy the products that WE haul. I have purchased my last Dell.

Because Dell decided it would be more profitable to pay Mexicans 35 cents an hour to build the computers that WE buy. I have always tried to buy the products that WE haul. I have purchased my last Dell.

Just realized I got a different meaning from your previous post. You were saying the layoffs will not be within the limits you posted, b/c of the closing of Dell.