Yellow | Get Rid Of Sleepers

Well eh! Your on a yrc forum,and you don't work for Reimer,I happen to work here and my options are expressed as a employee ,and union member.You are welcome to chime in ,like everyone else ,but be respectful as we do not necessary like our concessions,but some times you sacrafice the few to save the many,like I said,our problems our ours were not trying to convince you of anything.,Oh and what ,No playoff hockey north of the border this year,Too bad.:17::burnsauce::hissyfit:Keep on Trucking!
Well, Thank You :argue::cheerful:

Curling, definitely!

sT9umZf.jpg

UPS runs sleepers. In fact several Chicago YRCF drivers quit and went to UPS Willow Springs to run sleepers. Maybe it's not the sleepers? Maybe it's equipment and benefits.............
IMHO there is a big difference in the restrictions imposed on PTS at UPS as opposed to YRCF, and ABF for that matter.
You are right Al. I left YRC for ups sleepers, I don't love sleepers- but a start time on Monday night finishing in Friday morning makes me and my family happy. Something I wasn't over at YRC, in fact my wife told me to find another job, that my bad attitude was messing up everyone in our household

You are right Al. I left YRC for ups sleepers, I don't love sleepers- but a start time on Monday night finishing in Friday morning makes me and my family happy. Something I wasn't over at YRC, in fact my wife told me to find another job, that my bad attitude was messing up everyone in our household
1 more thing. Maybe the hog board for an extra board could be a reason people won't stay over there , who wants to work 2 days a week at best?

I would think that trying to recruit a team driver and your co driver is assigned based on seniority would be tough at best. I cannot think of one reason why I would get in a truck and place my safety in the hands of a stranger just because he/she holds a cdl

Speaking of terminal dormitories, when I first ran for Maislin we bottom guys were last out of course. We ran the "triangle", East Rutherford to Buffalo to bed then Buffalo to Montreal to bed then home. Senior men running to Montreal from Buffalo filled the terminal dormitory and when we bottom guys got there we were sent to the motel. Summer of `74 at the motel we had a pool and a nice restaurant right there. We brought swim trunks, swam in the pool, had a nice dinner, and had a great layover. One day one of the senior guys ran late with us. At Montreal he had never been to the motel, always staying at the dorm. When we got to the motel and we went swimming and then had a nice dinner his jaw dropped. He couldn't believe we bottom guys were having such a good time while the senior guys were in the dorm in the terminal basement. He even jumped into the pool in his briefs. Sometimes it doesn't pay to be a dasher! :smile new:
Driving for non yrc company, my truck broke down in bismarck nd. Coworker couldn't believe i was swimming at hotel pool in february. Can you say come prepared.

Driving for non yrc company, my truck broke down in bismarck nd. Coworker couldn't believe i was swimming at hotel pool in february. Can you say come prepared.

At Maislin one time I was on the way to Montreal from NJ when I broke down at Kingston, NY. on the Thruway. Parked the unit on the shoulder right before the toll booth for the exit. Knew I was going to be there for a couple of hours at least before they towed another tractor up from Jersey. Walked across to the motel off the southbound side and asked what they would charge me to swim in the pool for a while. For $10 I got to use the pool for a couple of hours and have a room to shower and change. While swimming I looked out the windows of the pool area at all the trucks running up and down the Thruway all while I was on the clock getting paid for breakdown time. Life was good back then.

Just making sure I know my terminology, that's first in/first out right?
Chicago heights operates a hog board for the extra board. That translates into the new guy getting 2 days of work at best, while senior men keep coming and going ahead of him. Everyone says they are for the new guy, but no one wants a wheel board. oh well