New Penn | Get your head out of the sand

boston 25

TB Lurker
Credits
To every teamster at New Penn let's wake up here.Look as much as I have enjoyed working here we have to face reality.I was a NO vote the first time and the second, if I thought there was a chance of us surviving I might change my mind.Unfortunately we will not survive,YRC will not let us stay independent any longer.The truth is they are already in sticking their nose in where it doesn't belong. New Penn always knew how to make money,not one company could ever touch our O/R or our service.We were always around 99% on time and always claim free.Now to the present, take a look around at what goes on daily in your terminals.Ask the guys that work the dock about where the majority of our freight goes now.We have been changed from a next day overnite carrier int a more productive and efficent version of YRC. We don't sell the boston to philly overnite service anymore, now we sell service to the midwest the south and the west coast.We don't have the same identity as we once did.Now we spend more time trying to support HOLLAND and REDDAWAY then we do New Penn.The facts are there boys just stop and look around over the next couple of days. I am truly sad to see what YRC has done to this once mighty company' we are a shell of ourselves.I wish a yes vote would save us but it won't.I'm sure that we all have some guys we work with that came from PRESTON or maybe some old ST.J guys,take a minute and ask them about what happened.I know that ST.J and YRC are not related like YRC and PRESTON but the stories are very similar to what we are going through.This whole thing right now to me at least smells a lot like what happened at RED STAR.They will merge us no matter how you vote and then up here only about 20-25 guys will get work.I wish i could be more optimistic about things but as they say history repeats itself.So with all this being said I urge you guys to think about what is being asked of us,what they are truly asking us. MY VOTE WILL NOT CHANGE I WILL STILL VOTE NO.This a bad deal any way you look at it.I have zero faith in anythinbg that YRC does and I know they will kill us off just like they have done with every other company they have bought.END THE MISERY AND JUST SAY NO THANKS, I DON'T NEED THE HUMILIATION ANY MORE.

no one is disputing that NP was a well run company and always made money.. but it is what is it now.. if you dont like your new owner, then quit. If you think NP isnt going to survive, then quit.. if you think YRC is going to merge it no matter what, then quit and DONT VOTE. Let those who are willing to stick it out have a chance with a yes vote and if the ship sinks then it does but atleast we will have a few more months of a pay rather than unemployment. I hear fed ex is hiring.

Why should we quit? Misery loves company you got stuck with the way YRC voted a BIG will bend over BILL give us 6 more inches. The MAJORITY was a NO, At least we can stick up for ourselves and not let the IBT or YRC dictate how the vote should come out. Stop being a sheeple for once and grow a [air.

I guess I dont have that trucker teamster mentality.. I like my job. I like the money I earn with o/t after 8 hrs .. I have been looking "just in case".. I dont want to earn $15 hr having to pay 100 per week for health care for my family and no o/t until after 40 hrs and some places after 60... I got the impression they had no intention of hiring a "teamster".. so I dont feel that I am bending over or giving in.. my vote of yes was the intelligent responsible vote to provide for myself and my family. Again, since you could care if the company makes it, then quit that will show them whose boss

Is this the new union way, if you don't like it just quit.It sounds like something that would come out of tx.

why i ask didnt they close you,or merge you after the first no vote.like they said there is no plan B! well i guess there is one?wonder what plan C D E are.keep up the good work.you guys rock!!!!!!!!!

I guess I dont have that trucker teamster mentality.. I like my job. I like the money I earn with o/t after 8 hrs .. I have been looking "just in case".. I dont want to earn $15 hr having to pay 100 per week for health care for my family and no o/t until after 40 hrs and some places after 60... I got the impression they had no intention of hiring a "teamster".. so I dont feel that I am bending over or giving in.. my vote of yes was the intelligent responsible vote to provide for myself and my family. Again, since you could care if the company makes it, then quit that will show them whose boss

You're voting yes for you and your paycheck.. We're voting no because our asses are getting sore and newpenn is being screwed. You better hope your terminal isn't one of the one yrc can close.. Because they will pick and choose what to close after your yes vote

P.S.

And don't give me a line about us being one big happy trucking company. I don't work for YRCW....I'm a New Penn driver and proud of it.

Why should we vote yes and make it easy for them to merge us, the way I see it if we vote no and they want to merge us highest wages prevail and yrc should get 5% back(and pension payments). We know that won't happen. I want yrc to show thier hand, tell us what they plan on doing before we bend over!

why would they close any of our terminals? we already have city drivers running 150-200+ miles, day in and out. we never had to many terminals, and when we though we did,we closed up lancaster,ourselfs, or npme did it. it really is something they don't get about the business. npme has always worked with less men more work, idea. if yrc wants to close something and merge it,they should close there ::shit:: merge into ours and learn how to move freight. should i add and make a profit it doing it also.

90% of the guys who voted no because they thought new penn was untouchable,thats not the case now,so i see 89% of them changing to a yes vote.

90% of the guys who voted no because they thought new penn was untouchable,thats not the case now,so i see 89% of them changing to a yes vote.

Could not have said it better Trucker 999.....No one is untouchable....The sad part about it is outside of the Northeast, nobody even knows who New Penn is. They only account for 10% of the teamster population at YRC and are legends in their own mind. Now the legends will vote YES, to save their jobs, but like everyone on these boards have been saying all along, it is now over. YRC has a clear understanding that New Penn does not want to be part of the solution, so we will be history over the next few weeks if not sooner...Already cleaned my desk out and going on my final interview this week with Conway Freight.....:TR10driving03:

Could not have said it better Trucker 999.....No one is untouchable....The sad part about it is outside of the Northeast, nobody even knows who New Penn is. They only account for 10% of the teamster population at YRC and are legends in their own mind. Now the legends will vote YES, to save their jobs, but like everyone on these boards have been saying all along, it is now over. YRC has a clear understanding that New Penn does not want to be part of the solution, so we will be history over the next few weeks if not sooner...Already cleaned my desk out and going on my final interview this week with Conway Freight.....:TR10driving03:

:clap::clap::eck13::eck13: bye we are better off with out you!!!!!!!!!!!!!