FedEx Freight | Getting A Little Boring

To imply that Richard made this thread "for fun" is an overstatement if I've ever heard one.

Attempting to bring the members up to speed on current events like a decertification attempt here, or a failure to negotiate there, is hardly pot stirring CF.

It has always annoyed me how a few self appointed people think they can dictate what's discussed on this board. In my opinion, those individuals are the one's truly responsible for the lack of participation here far more than subject matter.

People aren't going to stick around to read Big Dave hat jokes all day CF.
Perhaps the most unapologetically honest & truthful post of the day. Maybe the whole week... :1036316054:

There's a lot riding on this. They lose, meaning the anti's, then they've done more to advance the cause than the pro side ever could.

I believe there is no chest pounding because people have learned from before. It doesn't matter how many cards get signed or petitions get signed. It all comes down to the final tally as CF mention. Everybody learned that at at the first election. You never know what the other guy votes when they get behind the curtain no matter what the person says outside the curtain. When we had our election the guy in front of me took at least 5 minutes to vote. He was a fence sitter and he still hadn't made his mind up. So nobody really knows until the curtain is closed.

I agree. Always said, the mere 30% required makes it easy to file on the decert side. Then it's up to the drivers, where it really counts.

I and many others thought you had to have 51% to file for decert. I have heard CLT has more than 51% and I know EPH has more than that

It's better to think bigger that way you have a better chance of winning your election. Not like other centers that had to pull their vote because they didn't have the 51% of cards sign. Talking about egg on your face. Lol

No Local would dare file with fewer than 51%. Most, if not all, wouldn't file with less than 60%.

No Local would dare file with fewer than 51%. Most, if not all, wouldn't file with less than 60%.

In my opinion they would. This was at the start of the union push and some of these locals were filing just to get other centers to file to, If you have more and more filing it looks good to make the union stronger.

In my opinion they would. This was at the start of the union push and some of these locals were filing just to get other centers to file to, If you have more and more filing it looks good to make the union stronger.

I can't deny or confirm that. It's a possibility. I just know ours wanted no less than 70%.

Hence, the self defeating nature of the movement. Ever increasing (Teamster imposed) threshold, to impossible levels. Meanwhile, the Co. got a handle on "things" and made enough improvements to reduce interest. The short version, simple but true, IMHO.
That's your version and you're sticking to it!!

The IBT isn't concerned with the actual amount of support, they'll run with 30% support any day of the week and twice on Sundays!! Hell, we know...they've been doing it in CLT for 2.5 years!!
I'm sorry but you'll never be able to convince me that RCH, NAS, POS, etc had 70% support when they filed and just a couple weeks later they had to pull their petition because there wasn't enough support....or that FLO had 100% support and didn't file!!
Again, if it looks like horse ::shit:: and it smells like horse ::shit::, it's probably horse ::shit::!!

That's your version and you're sticking to it!!

The IBT isn't concerned with the actual amount of support, they'll run with 30% support any day of the week and twice on Sundays!! Hell, we know...they've been doing it in CLT for 2.5 years!!
I'm sorry but you'll never be able to convince me that RCH, NAS, POS, etc had 70% support when they filed and just a couple weeks later they had to pull their petition because there wasn't enough support....or that FLO had 100% support and didn't file!!
Again, if it looks like horse :::shit::: and it smells like horse :::shit:::, it's probably horse :::shit:::!!

Kinda like your side now claiming to have 85% on the decertification petition?

As far as Charlotte, you can't win an an election with thirty percent. For you to claim only 30% support for 2.5 years makes you look like an imbecile.

Kinda like your side now claiming to have 85% on the decertification petition?

As far as Charlotte, you can't win an an election with thirty percent. For you to claim only 30% support for 2.5 years makes you look like an imbecile.
For you to think we only have 30% makes you........!!

You misunderstood. You were implying Charlotte only had thirty percent for 2.5 years. I was saying you can't when an election (2014) with that.
They won with less than 50% (overall drivers in 2014) and they've currently held about 30% for the last 2.5 years...which we've been saying for the last 2.5 years. How do they plan to win now (2017) with about 30%??