FedEx Freight | Getting Hired

JRut

TB Lurker
Credits
I have applied at the Longview, TX terminal and the Tyler, TX terminal for Road Driver and its been atleast a month and havent got a phone call. I have all the qualifications and even called up there and they wouldn't tell me anything! They must have lots and lots of apps to read over or something. Or it might be because I'm young, just 23. But sure wish they'd call me!

And all you do when you call is **** them off.
It doesn't appear as if they are hiring road off of the street. They prefer someone coming up through the system that has been properly indoctrinated.

Ok thanks for the info.. I won't be expecting a call.. Just saw the openings for road driver so I applied! Thanks again. Also I recently applied to Saia, Estes, and Southeastern freight so hopefully one of them will call. just trying to get out of the oilfield!

Most likely you will have to start in the city, keep trying, try to talk to the center manager each time you call or drop by, he can request your paper work be sent to him.
way back when it took me 3 months of checking in every week to get hired on. and then several weeks after that for them to check me out.

stay after them.

I just started with FXF a couple of weeks ago as a road driver. I applied and was called within 2 days for an interview. After the interview went for Physical, Drug test, and road test within 5 days. Had to wait about 3 weeks later for the official offer letter and start date. Overall it was about a 30 day process. I had about 18 months driving experience.(Although I was a lot older than 23)

What amazes me is all the people who go through the hiring process, and the last thing they do is drug test them, and they fail. Now how dumb is that.

Daaaaamn, must of been one of those places no one would transfer to.

Could be. We are in a somewhat rural area in IL right along 80. Works for me though. This is as close as I have ever been to where I worked in 25 years. We just added 6 new road drivers, plus 2 more coming to replace a retiree and a transfer, We have added a bunch of runs, but still are a fairly small center (30 road drivers) from what I understand.

Most likely you will have to start in the city, keep trying, try to talk to the center manager each time you call or drop by, he can request your paper work be sent to him.
way back when it took me 3 months of checking in every week to get hired on. and then several weeks after that for them to check me out.

stay after them.

Ok I will definitely keep at it..just don't want to **** anybody off.

took me about three months and I had to keep emailing the service center manager every couple of weeks. It was like he kept forgetting about me. everytime I emailed him he had another step in the process I had to complete. I think me pestering him is what got me the job. if I waited for him I don't think I would have ever gotten called. Keep at it if you really want the job

Well I just got hired on at Estes. As an extra board Road driver.which means I will be going from terminal to terminal, dropping and hooking doubles. taking my 10 hour breaks in motels, and then getting home on the weekends for my reset. Which is not my ideal job. I wanted to be home every night which Is why I still want to get on with FedEx if they'd hire me. Applied at 2 terminals and no luck. Hopefully with some experience at Estes I can try again later with FXF and be home every night. Which is ultimately my goal!

youll like the money and driving is all you'll do instead of being a dock monkey like my fellow conway and fedex drivers

I hear that! Id be willing to be a monkey sometimes for a little more home time though. But we'll see how this pans out. this will be my first "just driving" job so I need to get my feet wet in this and get experience.

Who knows with the experience, might eventually get home every night with Estes. (don't give my hopes up people lol)