Yellow | getting letters for being absent

truckinus

TB Veteran
Credits
Anything you can do about these letters? Do they even mean anything?

Every time I take off for a week and don't have any sick days I get a letter. Im usually going to a dentist or doctors appointment. I work so much its impossible to get a day off during the week on the right day.

Every time I take off for a week and don't have any sick days I get a letter. Im usually going to a dentist or doctors appointment. I work so much its impossible to get a day off during the week on the right day.

every time you take off for a week?

well yeah - you will surely get a letter....

did you mean "take off during the week"?

if so - just protest with that simple reason "No doctor appts. available except when I had mine.

get a doctors note and keep it handy just for reference in case of an overall work hearing.

absent

does the contract say you must have a "paid sick day", to take a sick day?
if the answer is no then dont worry. protest every letter you get.

Relax and get used to it. If you work for Roadway, warning letters are a part of your job.

Get your FMLA papers, and use them for these occurances. Also there was a decision out of Ohio locals who challeged this and was going to persue legal action against the company under the 392.3 Ill or Fatigued operator. There was flyer distributed thru out the system concerning this decision.

at 120 if you were absent for more than 3 days in a row needed a doctors note to return to work .
if you took 1 day without a call off you would get a letter and could greive this and have a chance at getting it dropped with a good excuse and some sort of documentation..
now im at 671 and if you miss work with no call you get a warning letter .after 3 warnings i believe they put you on what they call artical.witch means if you miss another day you can be fired and have to go to bi-state to get your job back

use your sick personal vacation days wisely, try to get your terminal to do the 30 day book off rule, call local 229 if you want to know more about the 30 day book off rule cause it does come in handy for emergencies that you really don't mind getting an unpaid days pay for

:1036316054:

tell them to stick that letter up there azz:funky: we in bklyn tell them we are using all there letters to wallpaper the bathrooms :hysterical: just make the doctor give you a note saying your under doctors care and they cant do s**t to you :1036316054:

A Doctors note a day will keep the warning letters awayafter 9 months the letter washes away just make sure you check your 6 ( in civilian terms CYA). Heck I marked off sick and came in that day to pick up my check. Supervisor questioned me about being sick and I told him "are you a doctor?" end of conversation.

A Doctors note a day will keep the warning letters awayafter 9 months the letter washes away just make sure you check your 6 ( in civilian terms CYA). Heck I marked off sick and came in that day to pick up my check. Supervisor questioned me about being sick and I told him "are you a doctor?" end of conversation.

lol are you sure you dont work in brooklyn 187 you would fit in just fine:hysterical::hysterical::funky::1036316054: