Getting nailed again!!!

eddy09322

TB Lurker
Credits
I worked for CF until the bitter end on Labor day, 2002 in Buffalo, NY. I loved that job and the great people that I came to know, respect and very proudly call my friends and part of my great CF family.

I am currently employed by Roadway and guess what. I am about to get slammed again. I am still in Buffalo but am so low on the seniority list that not only will I not be able to keep my job, I will not be able to transfer to follow my work. (Somehow, yellow has figured out that a 99 man road board at Roadway can be squeezed into 5 extra spots in Tonawanda at the yellow terminal at 9 road spots in Rochester, NY.)

Oh well, at least I am vested in the pension now. (7.6 years):duh:

Well , I was at Churchill Truck Lines 91-94 , and then AirBorne Express/DHL 94-2009
I've got 16.50 years now , But I know that we're not alone in looking for work !!!

there be a lot of CFers out with this move yellow//roadway is makeing but i think we all knew this day was going to happen the day yellow took roadway over it just took a little bit longer.$$$$$$$$$BILL$$$$$$$$ IS CANCER look at p151 and all the other he's done in. i just wonder how long it's going to take for the stockholders at yrc to wake up before he take them under like pat done us. if they bring in brinko it's over for sure. good luck to all our cf brothers and sisters out there.

Sorry to hear more of these stories. Let's hope at some point the economy will rebound and business levels will return everyone back to good paying jobs. Many of my CF freinds never found good jobs after that Labor Day insult slapped on us by the scum management at CF.
Best wishes to all of you in the future.
I hope liar Brinko sees his final days in hell.

there be a lot of CFers out with this move yellow//roadway is makeing but i think we all knew this day was going to happen the day yellow took roadway over it just took a little bit longer.$$$$$$$$$BILL$$$$$$$$ IS CANCER look at p151 and all the other he's done in. i just wonder how long it's going to take for the stockholders at yrc to wake up before he take them under like pat done us. if they bring in brinko it's over for sure. good luck to all our cf brothers and sisters out there.

I knew it was just a matter of time, but it was a great job while it lasted. If they bring over that %#$*&@ Brinko, I will be cashing in all sick days, vacation and personal days. I would rather get 90% of their value than 12% of their value and get that five years after it should have been paid.:furious:

I worked casual at a CF dark treminal for a few years untill one day there was no CF. Best bunch of guys I ever worked with. Cant say the same for the people I worked for though.

I was an ops supv @ Yellow and lost my job on Sept. 2, 2008 (day after labor day)...boy, talk about de ja vu...

I had 14 yrs at CF. Best group of people I've ever worked with.

I personnally believe there is a special place in Hell for Pat B. and John B. It is in a big cauldron on a roaring fire and everyone affected by their "corporate decisions" gets to throw a big log on the fire.....

I worked for CF until the bitter end on Labor day, 2002 in Buffalo, NY. I loved that job and the great people that I came to know, respect and very proudly call my friends and part of my great CF family.

I am currently employed by Roadway and guess what. I am about to get slammed again. I am still in Buffalo but am so low on the seniority list that not only will I not be able to keep my job, I will not be able to transfer to follow my work. (Somehow, yellow has figured out that a 99 man road board at Roadway can be squeezed into 5 extra spots in Tonawanda at the yellow terminal at 9 road spots in Rochester, NY.)

Were you there when Bob D. was GOM ?

I was an ops supv @ Yellow and lost my job on Sept. 2, 2008 (day after labor day)...boy, talk about de ja vu...

I personnally believe there is a special place in Hell for Pat Blake and John Brinko. It is in a big cauldron on a roaring fire and everyone affected by their "corporate decisions" gets to throw a big log on the fire.....
i'll help you throw it :flame:

I wouldn't put a lot of stock in those numbers. Here in Milwaukee they cut the combined city/dock list 10 days ago by over 25% and just got slammed this past weekend. On Sunday the supervisor was on the phone calling laid off guys to get several extra bodies to work the freight this week.

On the road side we are going from a combinded 34 drivers to 18 after 9 move out. We aren't loosing that much work. One of the bosses said "18 isn't enough. If was up to me I would double that amount".

Those that are at the top of the layoff list will probably be called in a week or two, after management realizes they don't have enough bodies.

1000 man board

I worked at C.F. for 20 years. I've been at yellow lancaster and now I'm at yellow Harrisburg Pa. When we become YRC in March 1 2009, there will only be about 3 dozen former C.F. people of the expected 1000 employed at Harrisburg. If they lay off 20 percent, we will all be gone. We are thankfull for having a job, but again the C.F. people are getting screwed again. C.F. was my first job at 19 years old, and the best time of my working life.

I personnally believe there is a special place in Hell for Pat Blake and John Brinko. It is in a big cauldron on a roaring fire and everyone affected by their "corporate decisions" gets to throw a big log on the fire.....

Make room for Roger C. I worked at CLP, where did you work if i may ask.

I started in RFO and moved to CHR in 1990. My former spouse was a TO and his father was a retired TO. Also, his brother worked in the shop at YKP then CLP. We were a CF family....

i worked for cf for 25years and was ROGER C the best ceo not by a long shot but our stock was in the middle to the high teen with him and stockholders did away with and put pat in and he drove us into the ground thats one man i hope go's to :flame:

I started in RFO and moved to CHR in 1990. My former spouse was a TO and his father was a retired TO. Also, his brother worked in the shop at YKP then CLP. We were a CF family....
I starrted at York Pa and retired at Carlise. I also was a Transport Operator,which i didn't ever hear of. When i went for a job they asked me if i wanted dock or T.O. It was 5 degree outside and i knew i didn't want to pound the dock.

I know how you guys feel, it sucks to get laid off, back in 1977 fresh out of high school I was a casualty at Roadway Express in Akron, Ohio, I worked 13 days in a row and the day after I paid my union dues (I was let go) I was gone.

I was making $18.50 an hour loading trailers as a dockman, that was the game at that time, churn and burn casual laborers and fire them before they got so many days in (I think it was 15 within 30) requiring Roadway to hire them full time.

Here in Florida all CF people are going to be gone. Started out in St Louis in 88 in the big change of 95 transfered to Jacksonville Fl. 14 Years on the road worked with some of the best people in the business. Went to yellow in 03. Between Roadway and Yellow there are 17 from CF only one or two will have a job after this is over. Good Luck to the CF people the best in the Busness.

I know how you guys feel, it sucks to get laid off, back in 1977 fresh out of high school I was a casualty at Roadway Express in Akron, Ohio, I worked 13 days in a row and the day after I paid my union dues (I was let go) I was gone.

I was making $18.50 an hour loading trailers as a dockman, that was the game at that time, churn and burn casual laborers and fire them before they got so many days in (I think it was 15 within 30) requiring Roadway to hire them full time.
18.50 in 1977 darn i got on with cf that year myself. i think i made seven something and that we went up 8.50hr april 1st 1978. and if your were casual you made 50cents more on the hour hopeing you pay your own h/w no one every did we pocket it and the time frame for getting on was 30 out 60 days 18.50. at that time is just little to high for me to buy.

This was in Akron, Ohio where Roadway was headquartered and the union was STRONG in those days there, yes we were making that kind of money in those days.

But as I mentioned, Roadway dumped kids after so many days to avoid hiring them full time, that is why we were called casualties by the full time Union boys.