Getting nailed again!!!

This was in Akron, Ohio where Roadway was headquartered and the union was STRONG in those days there, yes we were making that kind of money in those days.

But as I mentioned, Roadway dumped kids after so many days to avoid hiring them full time, that is why we were called casualties by the full time Union boys.
i understand that akron was roadways headquarters but to pay a causal $10 over union scale at time. i got on with BIG R after cf shutdown in 02 so i know little bit about them my self. back 1977 the union was very strong in just about every local. but for roadway pay that much over union scale and n.m.f.a. out of akron still hard for me to buy.i'll bet you one thing if all the other locals at that time had know that was going on they jump all over that sweet heart deal .one other thing i was a union steward for over 20years and i know a little about n.m.f.a.

Man, I am telling you the truth, I was making that kind of cash as a start up dockman, it just did not last, most of the boys on the dock were making a lot more than that and the union guys all got OT, some of them were making $1,500.00 a week or more working 10-12 hour days x 7.

I guess the good times are over now !!