Averitt | Getting routed home

I'm not sure what terminal you are out of, that could make it a bit tougher but I was told years ago that they started looking at the system on Wednesday's to start routing guys home but things have changed over the years. Routing home depends on the load planner and your fleet mgr. Your fleet mgr CAN step in and help you out, get you a load, help you get in, get a load to kick up your miles if you've had a slow week, but from what I've been told many flt mgrs just let the load planners handle things

I'm not sure what terminal you are out of, that could make it a bit tougher but I was told years ago that they started looking at the system on Wednesday's to start routing guys home but things have changed over the years. Routing home depends on the load planner and your fleet mgr. Your fleet mgr CAN step in and help you out, get you a load, help you get in, get a load to kick up your miles if you've had a slow week, but from what I've been told many flt mgrs just let the load planners handle things
Yeah I understand that but as I sit right now,they aren't doing their job right. I headed out last Sunday and won't be home till late monday. Right I'm doing my ten to continue my drive back to my domicile but still have to deliver. I sat 24 waiting on this load and the previous day I waited all dam day to get loaded when my appointment was at 5 a.m.

I'm not sure how long you have been with Averitt but they are not concerned with your home time...I guess 3 or so years ago they changed over to the EOBR's and found it much more efficient to run you by the computer...My last 2 years there using eobr's I saw my home time decrease. The answer I got was, "You have hours available" period...so, after 13 years with them I left, the first 10 I worked for a company that cared about the quality of life of their drivers...that changed and I do not believe it will ever be the same...

I'm not sure how long you have been with Averitt but they are not concerned with your home time...I guess 3 or so years ago they changed over to the EOBR's and found it much more efficient to run you by the computer...My last 2 years there using eobr's I saw my home time decrease. The answer I got was, "You have hours available" period...so, after 13 years with them I left, the first 10 I worked for a company that cared about the quality of life of their drivers...that changed and I do not believe it will ever be the same...
Well I won't last because that was the selling point me coming on board. What's even better I just picked up a load from Shreveport when I was there and could of picked this load and been home. It's Bull,time to see if this will be worth it

What they don't tell you is that the people hiring you are not the ones that will supervise you...You have a Fleet Manager...nothing but a "put out the fires" baby sitter...the people that run EVERYTHING are the Load Planners...Their sole job is to cover customers freight and all they see is a truck with hours available...

In truckload the selling points are home time and benefits, not making a lot of money. I'd definitely take it to your fleet mgr and make sure he knows how screwed over you felt, the squeaky wheel does get the oil. If you say nothing he will think you are ok with it and it will happen again, if he hears you complain well he won't want to hear it again, and a bug in the ear of his bosses. If he's having a problem managing the positioning of trucks, swapping loads among trucks and so forth they need to know. Plus they can put some extra $$ in the picture for your time, you've already lost out on home time so some cash would make it easier to swallow.

In truckload the selling points are home time and benefits, not making a lot of money. I'd definitely take it to your fleet mgr and make sure he knows how screwed over you felt, the squeaky wheel does get the oil. If you say nothing he will think you are ok with it and it will happen again, if he hears you complain well he won't want to hear it again, and a bug in the ear of his bosses. If he's having a problem managing the positioning of trucks, swapping loads among trucks and so forth they need to know. Plus they can put some extra $$ in the picture for your time, you've already lost out on home time so some cash would make it easier to swallow.
Yeah I told him all ready,well I sent a message. I plan on calling him tomorrow morning. I'm here at my domicile finally but have to wait till Monday morning to deliver. I could of at least had Sunday off but now I'm stuck here till I deliver. Oh well at least I have my personal care and can leave here for now. Oh I live 2.5 hours away from my from my domicile so I just can't leave home and come back.

With respect to msgn, you're right but then you enter a never ending cycle of complaining and let downs. It got to the point where I suffered more sleep deprivation on the EOBR than anytime in my 25 year career. "Don't have full hours today? Run on your recap". The FM would say...

With respect to msgn, you're right but then you enter a never ending cycle of complaining and let downs. It got to the point where I suffered more sleep deprivation on the EOBR than anytime in my 25 year career. "Don't have full hours today? Run on your recap". The FM would say...
Yeah and that's why I want to stay positive but when they lie about the job it really irritates me. Don't like being lied too,for this type of schedule I could get a job with another trucking company and not have enough to drive 2 hours to pick up my truck. Which I might be doing these next two days,looking for a different company closers to home. I'm here in my domicile just sitting till I deliver tomorrow morning,you know how hard it is for me not to leave at this point and just drive home.

This weather has us on a crazy schedule, they closed us today and asked to work Sunday. I understand your impatience but these are crazy times with storms all around. Good luck on your job search if you chose ! After 27 years with the big red team I can;t imagine working anywhere else.

This weather has us on a crazy schedule, they closed us today and asked to work Sunday. I understand your impatience but these are crazy times with storms all around. Good luck on your job search if you chose ! After 27 years with the big red team I can;t imagine working anywhere else.
Yeah I understand about this week but this was before. I'm giving this job some more time,it's just frustrating when they lie to you. I understand not making every weekend home but never having it off. That's why I came here because the said I would. The only reason I want it off is to be with my boys which are 8/6. Being home during the week is worthless to me. But think I will stick around a while longer. I really don't like switching jobso so asorry frustrated that I am I'm still here

I do understand what you mean about the cycle of complaining and let downs but in a way it's kind of the only choice he has. It's human nature to usually take the easier route to do things so a fleet mgr who has a guy that doesn't complain or raise a stink about being screwed over will continuously get the screwing while the man that's fussed about it won't. The fleet mgr doesn't want to ruffle too many feathers, he doesn't want to hear a driver complaining so the one that screams the loudest usually get's screwed the least. Don't get me wrong, I understand life and work sometimes isn't fair, I just want the bad times and good times to be spread around evenly and here at a company where the good ole boy thing is common you have to let them know what you won't tolerate. Fleet managers can go out of their way to redirect trucks, swap loads, ask load planners for favors, give multiple empty moves in a row to move a guy from one area to another, and even go into the load planners system and assign loads to drivers, but that's extra work, so the question is will your fleet manager do it or is he an "out the door at 4" guy who could care less?

You aren't here to make friends, you are here to make money and go home so business is business. Just remember sometimes you have to take your share of the bad times (lay overs, short loads, driver assist loads, long weeks with short miles etc) but you shouldn't take more than your share.

RNSGN your attitude explains a lot to me know, sadly it is shared with many other drivers . My successful career here is with a total different attitude. Follow your leaders instructions and keep my mouth shut. The Bible commands me to treat all leadership as if Jesus himself was my dispatcher. I have seen chronic whiners and complainers live a miserable life thinking they are constantly getting a raw deal. In my life I have at times been forced to pick what appeared to be a sorry 6 month bid only to see it end up being a big money maker. And granted there were nights it took me 12 hours to turn a 400 mile trip because of having to wait several hours at a yard to finish loading but the next night hit 3 yards and run 600 miles in 10.5 hours. I do not depend on Averitt or anyone else to provide my needs, God is my provider and I claim this verse as my work ethic verse and it has proven amazing success fir the past 27 years here,
Phillipians 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling or questioning, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

RNSGN your attitude explains a lot to me know, sadly it is shared with many other drivers . My successful career here is with a total different attitude. Follow your leaders instructions and keep my mouth shut. The Bible commands me to treat all leadership as if Jesus himself was my dispatcher. I have seen chronic whiners and complainers live a miserable life thinking they are constantly getting a raw deal. In my life I have at times been forced to pick what appeared to be a sorry 6 month bid only to see it end up being a big money maker. And granted there were nights it took me 12 hours to turn a 400 mile trip because of having to wait several hours at a yard to finish loading but the next night hit 3 yards and run 600 miles in 10.5 hours. I do not depend on Averitt or anyone else to provide my needs, God is my provider and I claim this verse as my work ethic verse and it has proven amazing success fir the past 27 years here,
Phillipians 2:14-15 Do all things without grumbling or questioning, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world.

Iceman I apologize if you see that as a negative attitude, it was definitely not meant to be such. I did learn in my 10 years in truckload that if you didn't speak up it was viewed as acceptance and you were ok with it. If a fleet manager has 2 drivers side by side, one has let it be known he doesn't appreciate getting home on Saturday's or Sunday's but the other hasn't expressed his desires to be home on Fridays even though he wants it as bad as the first driver, guess who will stay out later that weekend..... the one that didn't speak up. This young man has young children and came to the company with expectations of being home on the weekends, he even states that he didn't expect to be home every weekend, this isn't a perfect company in a perfect world where leadership is perfect and we can happily do our jobs. The term I mentioned about being "out the door at 4" was a phrase used by the decent fleet managers about the others who watch the clock in a rush to leave, their words about their coworkers. I wish we could have a perfect work environment where everyone was treated equally and fairly but we don't, no company does, so one must speak up or end up on the short end more often than they deserve and every missed moment with his children is a moment he won't get back. Having worked both sections LTL is totally different truckload, I've sat for free and wished I was home with my family instead of hanging out in the bunk of a truck. I did well in truckload, I was fortunate to have some of the best flt managers that the company has had. I recommend that he let his fleet manager know that he is a dad who came to the company expecting to be home with his family a little more on the weekend and if that doesn't help Averitt has a Driver Retention Leader named Jeff that I'd call before making hasty decisions to leave. Just keep in mind everyone has to do their share of the bad times.

Well got home Saturday around noon to my yard but in all honesty was mostly due to traffic holding me up on Friday and ran out of hours. I was some what upset when they gave me a load which on paper took 10 hours to make and I couldn't get there due to again traffic within my time. I stopped and called and they sent somebody to get it from me. Guess they got upset with me Cuz the next day I sat for most of the day and got routed up north 4 hours to get a load instead of sending me south to get load. Which I know they had because he told me. Oh well guess that's the way it is. I head back out today Sunday to my truck to deliver Monday morning since I still have to drive 3 hours to get to my domicile.