Estes | getting screwed @ estes

pretty good post. but what happens when someone with more company senority transfers in. the guy that wants the daytime run, well he looses it if the more senior man wants it. so even though he wants that daytime run. he will never be secure in it.
The problem here is, most companies, mind you companies that look out for their employees go by "terminal" seniority" for bids. I know I may want to move someday, but that does not mean I should be able to move in on others at the new terminal. I do though believe company seniority applies to vacation and other relative matters. BUT, when it comes to bids either in p&d or line-haul, terminal seniority has proven time again over the board that it is most fair.

well that could be because you refuse to talk, listen or even think about the possibilities of a lifetime bid. everyone is so scared about runs getting cut and Estes is so bad " they will screw you every time" BS!!! yes runs have been cut, yes we lost frieght ( at least we, and i mean the company, are now making money ) and yes people have been "laid off" but so what :D. give it time people, things will get better they always do, smile, be thankful that you have a job and a well paying job at that, runs will stop being cut, Estes isnt out to screw you- they are out to make money and keep you employed, and those that were "laid off" i hope the good ones come back, and the others can go with Elvis and work for the union :D

love ya
tell this to the senior drivers getting sent to systems. things are not on the upswing because big E doesn't know how to handle the slowdowns and they want to cut the driver overhead. send the senior drivers to systems and hope they quit. yeah, wonderful!

another thing, since most of what you say is true about slow, losing freight etc, then why doesn't Richmond at least try and treat the ones that are remaining somewhat decent and boost morale.

as i've said before, they don't want positive morale among the troops. the more cut throat out there the less chance of the minions getting together and doing something about all this.

thank you. someone else that knows the policies.

1 question though. would you want to rebid every year using company senority??
Yes vote every year and/or when run changes by company or terminal. Only thing is terminal seniority should be bid seniority.

thank you. someone else that knows the policies.

1 question though. would you want to rebid every year using company senority??

Thanks for asking, yes I would. We've had other drivers transfer into Charlotte and take bid runs but they have to run the extra board for 90 days before they can bid if they transfer in.We've also had drivers with over 10 years in that lost their run and have had to go on the extra board including myself last year. That is what I think is unfair. If you put in time with a company you should be able to rebid and get a run if your run is cancelled. It's not fair that someone with just a couple of years has a bid run while guys with more seniority are stuck running the system. I lucked up and a run came open after only 9 months. Anyway be safe and have a great day.

pretty good post. but what happens when someone with more company senority transfers in. the guy that wants the daytime run, well he looses it if the more senior man wants it. so even though he wants that daytime run. he will never be secure in it.

and also people dont have to quit for the bids to change. 2 drivers here changed bids with no hassle. the night time guy and daytime guy switched, traded, or whatever you want to call it.

i want a daytime run and in time i will get a daytime run. but when i get it. i want it!! and i dont want anybody else to be able to take it, until i am ready to give it up, and i am sure that your friend will say the same thing. if you friend doesnt like the daytime run he can go talk to the guys running a run he likes and see if they would like to switch. it really isnt that hard. but the key is you need to have a friendly work atmosphere. NOT a bunch of backstbbers that only look out for themselves. if you work in that condition i am truly sorry.

What about if you get your daytime run and then they cancell it and your on the xtraboard for 3 years? Or more. They have cut 6 of our runs in 9 months, and our terminal has never lost money. I bet you didnt think of that. Why worry about people transferring in? Your TM has to approve all transfers and I am sure he wouldnt sh*t on his employees. Make a list of positives and negatives about both bid types. I bet yearly wins hands down.

The problem here is, most companies, mind you companies that look out for their employees go by "terminal" seniority" for bids. I know I may want to move someday, but that does not mean I should be able to move in on others at the new terminal. I do though believe company seniority applies to vacation and other relative matters. BUT, when it comes to bids either in p&d or line-haul, terminal seniority has proven time again over the board that it is most fair.

i totally agree. it must be 1 way or the other. terminal senority with annual bids, or company senority with lifetime bids. i would prefer terminal senority with annual bids. i really like this way. but Estes doesnt do it that way. i dont like company senority with annual bids. yes i have looked at it runs are being cut and that sucks. but at some point they have to stop, they really do. i think we are at that point now. estes is cutting runs trying to streamline things and make them more cost efficient, and i cant blame them, they want to make money. i do think that in nov or dec or even Jan 2008 they need to do a company wide rebid to rest everything and get the senior drivers on bid runs and such. if they do that , PLEASE guys remember what runs got cut, do some preplanning and bid on the runs that were secure and never got cut. yes they may not be the most high miles or the best run, but if you want to keep your bid run just remeber what happened. things will improve, frieght will pick back up, and new runs will open back up. be smart and think about what happens when the frieght slows down, will that new run be the first to get cut, maybe, and do yu really want to bid on it for 50 miles a week more? not me ill stay on this run cuse i know i will have all the time.

i dont see Estes West going to annual bids i really dont. and thats why i think the way i do. i am trying to be helpful to eveyone not bashing in any way. have a nice day guys

i totally agree. it must be 1 way or the other. terminal senority with annual bids, or company senority with lifetime bids. i would prefer terminal senority with annual bids. i really like this way. but Estes doesnt do it that way. i dont like company senority with annual bids. yes i have looked at it runs are being cut and that sucks. but at some point they have to stop, they really do. i think we are at that point now. estes is cutting runs trying to streamline things and make them more cost efficient, and i cant blame them, they want to make money. i do think that in nov or dec or even Jan 2008 they need to do a company wide rebid to rest everything and get the senior drivers on bid runs and such. if they do that , PLEASE guys remember what runs got cut, do some preplanning and bid on the runs that were secure and never got cut. yes they may not be the most high miles or the best run, but if you want to keep your bid run just remeber what happened. things will improve, frieght will pick back up, and new runs will open back up. be smart and think about what happens when the frieght slows down, will that new run be the first to get cut, maybe, and do yu really want to bid on it for 50 miles a week more? not me ill stay on this run cuse i know i will have all the time.

i dont see Estes West going to annual bids i really dont. and thats why i think the way i do. i am trying to be helpful to eveyone not bashing in any way. have a nice day guys

Come on Jones. Think about this issue how it stands now. Then think how it could easily be repaired. Please take off your rose colored lenses for just a moment. Why in the hell should you be subjected to picking a run that has less miles? Why shouldn't you have the oportunity to take what ever run is best suited to your preference? As you have posted. You are worried your run may be cut. Why should this be an issue? Any other company besides your employer will allow a rebid if your run is cut due to operational changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does Estes constantly show their disrespect for their senior most drivers? You pro Estes people truly baffle me. I'm beating my head against the keyboard here. Please help me to understand. Isn't it an easy fix to go ahead and rebid when one loses his bid? This problem is prevelant through out the system. And management don't give a damn. One question. Why do you stay where it is so driver unfriendly???????

Come on Jones. Think about this issue how it stands now. Then think how it could easily be repaired. Please take off your rose colored lenses for just a moment. Why in the hell should you be subjected to picking a run that has less miles? Why shouldn't you have the oportunity to take what ever run is best suited to your preference? As you have posted. You are worried your run may be cut. Why should this be an issue? Any other company besides your employer will allow a rebid if your run is cut due to operational changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why does Estes constantly show their disrespect for their senior most drivers? You pro Estes people truly baffle me. I'm beating my head against the keyboard here. Please help me to understand. Isn't it an easy fix to go ahead and rebid when one loses his bid? This problem is prevelant through out the system. And management don't give a damn. One question. Why do you stay where it is so driver unfriendly???????
I'm staying because we just got free shirts great for taking out that "special someone " in your life, and every quarter we get a nifty gift (I do a lot of re-gifting) for not stubbing our toes on the screwed up frieght scattered about the trailer:1036316054:

I'm staying because we just got free shirts great for taking out that "special someone " in your life, and every quarter we get a nifty gift (I do a lot of re-gifting) for not stubbing our toes on the screwed up frieght scattered about the trailer:1036316054:

That was pretty funny, untill you got to the stubbing your toe thing. That must have went right over my head...

I am Better off now!

I along with several other drivers back in 2003 left estes. The reason was due to runs being renamed. Example: A Charlotte turn became a half way Charleston W.V., A Tampa FL laydown became a half way meet in Valdosta Ga, on and on, etc, etc, etc. These new runs were posted. No one bothered telling the bid drivers that their runs were going to be replaced with the new runs. Once the bids were in then came the elimination of the old runs. Then me and several other drivers were put on the extra board. I was number 5 on the board with over 20 drivers below me that were wild return drivers or home every other day. I just left the company. Others followed. Some toughed it out. To each his own. I was there for 7 years. No one knew according to the terminal manager that our runs were going away as a result of the new runs that were created. I talked to a feller named Jimmy who was a big dog in central dispatch after the fact and it was simple PACK A BAG. Sleep 2 to 8 in a bunk room depending on where you were laid over. If the bunk rooms fill up then you can double up at the motel. I laughed and then I removed my CB RADIO from that ole bumble bee and never looked back.