New Penn | getting screwed

Hope I am wrong but anyone wanna bet that this contract is gonna pass with flying colors first time around.The BA's are gonna start telling everyone who listens that this is the best thing since apple pie.

Hope I am wrong but anyone wanna bet that this contract is gonna pass with flying colors first time around.The BA's are gonna start telling everyone who listens that this is the best thing since apple pie.
THATS RIGHT !! THEY ONLY WANT DUES !!!!!!!!!!!!

It will pass unless everyone can convince all the city drivers covered under the NMFA to vote no, because they most definitely think this is the best thing since sliced bread. WHY? Because they get to get off the dock, out of the yard, away from the P&D, or other city responsibilities, by running the road to satellites and basically do the same job they are doing now, but for a dollar more an hour.

It will pass unless everyone can convince all the city drivers covered under the NMFA to vote no, because they most definitely think this is the best thing since sliced bread.

Not when their jobs are gone because we have docks full of casuals working for less. The Great Pumpkin will get them too, sooner or later.

Not when their jobs are gone because we have docks full of casuals working for less. The Great Pumpkin will get them too, sooner or later.

Look back to history and see how ಠ▄ಠ took control over Europe. This man wrote this poem after being placed in prison by the (⊙▃⊙)'s, he was not a Jew....

First They Came for the Jews

First they came for the Jews
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Jew.
Then they came for the Communists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a Communist.
Then they came for the trade unionists
and I did not speak out
because I was not a trade unionist.
Then they came for me
and there was no one left
to speak out for me.

Pastor Martin Niemöller

once again everything you mentioned about city drivers or dock workers, has been the way it's been at npme for ever. at one time you weren't even hired unless you had CDL, and every city bid read platform work fueling peddleing jockeying, ect. and if road bids exhausted, city guy pulled to run a load to foreign terminal. or dock guy, however you want to look at it.one in the same. and as far as 4 hour causuals, we cant get guys to work and stay now , consistenly, with being on call ,starting as a causual, and putting up with the crap with the prospect of getting on full time and reaping the benifits someday. you think they will find guys willing to work 4 hrs, at 2am maybe, once this week, nothing for maybe 2 weeks, than get a call at midnight out of the blue to come to work in 2 hours.and now for less money than ever before. you cant even look at it as a steady part-time job. anybody would be better off working part-time at local mcdonalds, weekly, than hit or miss on a freight dock, anymore.

once again everything you mentioned about city drivers or dock workers, has been the way it's been at npme for ever. at one time you weren't even hired unless you had CDL, and every city bid read platform work fueling peddleing jockeying, ect. and if road bids exhausted, city guy pulled to run a load to foreign terminal. or dock guy, however you want to look at it.one in the same. and as far as 4 hour causuals, we cant get guys to work and stay now , consistenly, with being on call ,starting as a causual, and putting up with the crap with the prospect of getting on full time and reaping the benifits someday. you think they will find guys willing to work 4 hrs, at 2am maybe, once this week, nothing for maybe 2 weeks, than get a call at midnight out of the blue to come to work in 2 hours.and now for less money than ever before. you cant even look at it as a steady part-time job. anybody would be better off working part-time at local mcdonalds, weekly, than hit or miss on a freight dock, anymore.

tHEY WILL HAVE AN ARMY OF THEM AT5 OR 6 PM AND LIKE 4TO8 AM JUST LIKE UPS.

707 says YES !

well in terms of the contract, my local (707) has endorsed it. our meeting was this morning and the Prez has put his stamp on it to no one's surprised. his reasons for it are basically due to "flexibility". he stated that if we, the union co.'s, want to compete for years to come we must take this deal thats on the table. a time for "change" as he stated. me personally, im still undecided and i've heard all the agruments. bottom line is we can thank Jim Jr. for setting the sub-standard deals in motion. this will ultimately be his legacy :puke:

well in terms of the contract, my local (707) has endorsed it. our meeting was this morning and the Prez has put his stamp on it to no one's surprised. his reasons for it are basically due to "flexibility". he stated that if we, the union co.'s, want to compete for years to come we must take this deal thats on the table. a time for "change" as he stated. me personally, im still undecided and i've heard all the agruments. bottom line is we can thank Jim Jr. for setting the sub-standard deals in motion. this will ultimately be his legacy :puke:

What is the advantages of being union again? Makes one wonder these days....

up's army of 5-6 start times or 4-8 times are scheduled 4 hour shifts. like a part-time job. was great when in college, good money too. these 14$ causuals wont have any start times, it will be on call dealwhen there is freight, and thats after your own edxtra board is exhuasted, or bid guys worked. we have guys that were finaliy hired after going through whole causual deal, now have full benifits, and still won't or think they have to come to work when there called.some have gotten some many letters for missing work they should be fired, but there not cause they need bodies and can't find anything better these days.yet you think that 4 hour,14@hr, causuals are gone to put your dock crew out of business?on call ,no benifeits for what, 38$ take home per shift.that won't pay your gas to get there and even buy you a case of beer, let alone support your crack habit.

up's army of 5-6 start times or 4-8 times are scheduled 4 hour shifts. like a part-time job. was great when in college, good money too. these 14$ causuals wont have any start times, it will be on call dealwhen there is freight, and thats after your own edxtra board is exhuasted, or bid guys worked. we have guys that were finaliy hired after going through whole causual deal, now have full benifits, and still won't or think they have to come to work when there called.some have gotten some many letters for missing work they should be fired, but there not cause they need bodies and can't find anything better these days.yet you think that 4 hour,14@hr, causuals are gone to put your dock crew out of business?on call ,no benifeits for what, 38$ take home per shift.that won't pay your gas to get there and even buy you a case of beer, let alone support your crack habit.

You don't have to get personal-he he he