Estes | Getting Seniority Reinstated

Kam2010

TB Lurker
Credits
If a driver with 5+\- years of line haul seniority quits and goes to another company, then decides to quit that company and come back to Estes within 12 months of quitting, do they return with the same amount of seniority they had when they quit?

If a driver with 5+\- years of line haul seniority quits and goes to another company, then decides to quit that company and come back to Estes within 12 months of quitting, do they return with the same amount of seniority they had when they quit?
If they know the right people….

Nothing if carved in stone here but I think it's after 12 months.
You don't get the time away but the time resumes if you come back within a year

Nothing if carved in stone here but I think it's after 12 months.
You don't get the time away but the time resumes if you come back within a year
I am sure that will make some butt hurt, if correct, with bids coming soon. At 074 we have had many drivers transfer into line haul from all over the system. Figured that would happen since it is new and also the amount of schedule runs created there. Personally I think with the economy and current freight levels, planned schedules, will be reduced through 1st and 2nd quarter regardless what the planners projected.

I am sure that will make some butt hurt, if correct, with bids coming soon. At 074 we have had many drivers transfer into line haul from all over the system. Figured that would happen since it is new and also the amount of schedule runs created there. Personally I think with the economy and current freight levels, planned schedules, will be reduced through 1st and 2nd quarter regardless what the planners projected.
That terminal may lose some drivers from what ive heard some say. They keep getting knocked down instead of moving up. The morale there is down according to one driver and said a lot of the workers do no more than they have to because in the end it doesnt matter.

Corporate needs to check in on this type stuff. If you quit you are no longer an Estes employee and should have to start at the bottom if you do come back. Must be a buddy system thing and if you are not in well then you are shafted. That might make some drivers look for greener pastures. Estes is decent but not the best they are just another trucking company.

Last edited:
Um, LTL driver since 2010, retired, still driver, member here since 2018.
I meant a introduction to the people that could add my past seniority. I wasn’t trying to give you a hard time. I was gone from August to December. I could not get them to give me anything but a job. Which I am grateful for. But the pay progression I think they could waved or shortened.
If it’s in writing somewhere I will gladly take my time back. But way too many people would be mad . Rightfully so. Not to stir the pot . I am also against class changers getting time back. Accept for lay off purposes. Just my opinion.