GFS and Jamba Juice sign a 3 year agreement.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
Jamba (JMBA), GFS Enter Three-Year Distribution Agreement

Jamba (NASDAQ:JMBA) has entered into a new distribution agreement with Gordon Food Service (GFS), the largest privately held, family-managed foodservice distributor in the U.S. The relationship is intended to substantially improve customer service, productivity and cost savings while also supporting franchise development strategy and expansion in the eastern U.S.

“We chose GFS for their extensive food service distribution network in the Eastern U.S. and their great reputation for service excellence and customer focus,” said Arnaud Joliff, Jamba vice president supply chain. He added that, “GFS is the ideal strategic distribution partner for Jamba Juice based on its large distribution center footprint, company size and strong culture of service excellence and customer focus. The strategic decision to transition to a broad line distribution model also allows us to identify new synergies on product sourcing and freight for total store landed costs optimization.”

Guardrail

I heard the "Juice" is very very demanding, delivery windows, product rotation, which means stocking, and all those handy mall locations with delightfull loading docks, security checks, delivery delay headaches, long confusing hallways, not easy money by any means for the driver, router, or the company. Theres always a reason some chains are looking, and sometimes its because nobody wants them. Hope it works.

It’s good to hear that GFS and Jamba Juice are now together. I feel the jamba juice menu was already very popular. They didn’t need to sign any agreement with GFS. Well, I hope it will not decrease the quality of jamba products!!