FedEx Freight | Ghost Braking

mattbob

TB Regular
Credits
how many other centers are having problems with these new trucks Ghost Braking. Someone is going to get hurt bad or killed and nobody seems to care.

A lot of new trucks at several carriers have "collision mitigation" braking systems installed in them now. Using radar, they determine if you're too close and automatically apply the brakes...without warning.

There's a discussion over on the Holland board about the same problem.

A lot of new trucks at several carriers have "collision mitigation" braking systems installed in them now. Using radar, they determine if you're too close and automatically apply the brakes...without warning.

There's a discussion over on the Holland board about the same problem.

Yep! Almost had a bad accident with this particular problem. Went to jump out into the hammer lane due to a very slow moving truck and the sensor assumed I was going to clip the corner of the guys trailer (which I wasn't) and it jammed on the brakes. Luckily I was bob tailing or this could have been mofugly

I heard it was traced down to a bad steering angle sensor. The truck thinks you jerked the wheel hard to avoid an accident and slams on the brakes.

Yep! Almost had a bad accident with this particular problem. Went to jump out into the hammer lane due to a very slow moving truck and the sensor assumed I was going to clip the corner of the guys trailer (which I wasn't) and it jammed on the brakes. Luckily I was bob tailing or this could have been mofugly

Just curious how much space was between you and the truck had to go around? Not trying to critique your driving just curious.

It can happen when there is nobody in front of you. Last time it happened to me I had a heavy set and another truck almost plowed into the back of me. got off 2 exits up at truck stop. It happens so much a dispatcher in central was able to explain what i should tell the guy in shop there so he could reset it. (because i wanted another tractor towed out to me).Hard to understand how these tractors w/ that problem are still not fixed.I was told that the home office thoughts were"nut behind the wheel" in no uncertain terms. 14000 15000 Kw's were the ones having the problems up are way.

It should only happen if the cruise control is on. That's what we were told anyway.
It should only happen if the cruise control is on. That's what we were told anyway.
Not true. When I had a 14000 series in the city it would pick up light poles in T intersections and slam on the brakes. Everyone who drove those trucks had the same things happening. My 17000 series truck will brake if I get to close to the person in front of me , but nothing like the 14000 series.

Not true. When I had a 14000 series in the city it would pick up light poles in T intersections and slam on the brakes. Everyone who drove those trucks had the same things happening. My 17000 series truck will brake if I get to close to the person in front of me , but nothing like the 14000 series.

Houston it sounds like we have a flawed system. Did they fix the problem on your truck or does it still happen.

Was "Mofugly: Live & In Your Face" done while you were running wild board? I heard it was a legendary greatest hits tour, from terminal to terminal.
Actually I've always been a city guy. I would perform for my customers. They loved me so much, they would load me up so quickly and tell me to go. I guess they wanted me to have a productive day. Sometimes they would load other carriers freight on my trailer and fill me up, then tell me to go. Management loved the extra freight so much, they named it after me......JOM....Just One Mo......
:lmao:

A guy out of stl had it happen to him in a new peterbuilt! No one was around him and it was in the rain!! Central had a peterbuilt rep call him at 12 am. I believe they had to recalibrate the radar system! Rki islands had to recalibrate a few

I'm glad we don't have all this "safety stuff" on our trucks would drive me nuts. Just let me drive the truck I"ll figure it out if I need to brake or not.On another note I talked to a UPS guy with a new KW said the same thing brakes when nobody around,also said he hit a hard bump and it set it off also. "nuff said hope nobody has an accident because of this stay safe