Estes | GI wasn't perfect

estes_fr8

TB Lurker
Credits
GI was afraid to ever fire anyone for doing a crappy job. I saw lazy drivers walk past dock workers who were struggling all the time and would never lend a helping hand. And also the primadonnas who absolutley wanted to do nothing like the good ole' pony tailed hippie in LMI that had his cake milk run and thats all that mattered to him. All Estes did was finally take out the trash that needed to be done, including that sorry excuse for a vp ops that we had, and his incompetant son-in-law. We actually have some real managerment now that want us to grow, not use the company to line their pockets. I remember when we got those p.o.s. mack trucks out here about 4 years ago, the ones that caught on fire and broke down. Then we got sterlings....could it be a coincidents that the vp of fleet bought tractors from his buddy at whatever company he was working for and got a kick back on top of them?? The terminal tour that the execs made every year was just a dog and pony show it was a joke. At least when junior comes to a terminal he will walk the dock, talk to employees, and he knows exactly what they do. Our last line of mgmt was afraid to get their ties dirty so they never even went out on a dock.

GI was afraid to ever fire anyone for doing a crappy job. I saw lazy drivers walk past dock workers who were struggling all the time and would never lend a helping hand. And also the primadonnas who absolutley wanted to do nothing like the good ole' pony tailed hippie in LMI that had his cake milk run and thats all that mattered to him. All Estes did was finally take out the trash that needed to be done, including that sorry excuse for a vp ops that we had, and his incompetant son-in-law. We actually have some real managerment now that want us to grow, not use the company to line their pockets. I remember when we got those p.o.s. mack trucks out here about 4 years ago, the ones that caught on fire and broke down. Then we got sterlings....could it be a coincidents that the vp of fleet bought tractors from his buddy at whatever company he was working for and got a kick back on top of them?? The terminal tour that the execs made every year was just a dog and pony show it was a joke. At least when junior comes to a terminal he will walk the dock, talk to employees, and he knows exactly what they do. Our last line of mgmt was afraid to get their ties dirty so they never even went out on a dock.

Well I don't know where to begin. First of all they didn't fire many people at G.I. because we had a great bunch of guys who never gave them a reason to fire us. PERIOD. And for your second stupid remark. I remember being as green as green can be, and receiving nothing but support and help from the senior guys. And when I became senior I helped anyone that needed it. And as far as the hippie you are referring to, I don't know what your'e talking about but if you have a problem with a particular individual, why don't you speak to him? Or is it just easier to type it here? As far as taking out the trash. Just about every single person who has either been riffed, fired, resigned etc. was a instrumental part of G.I.s success. Most all were dedicated hard working productive people who couldn't work for a unorthidox, backwood, neanderthol, company that feels that their newly aquired employees were unloyal to their new saviors. PERIOD. Experience, qualifications mean nothing to these people. It's all about blind loyalty. I know what I'm talking about. Please don't even try to argue with me about this.I will never defend Rich or his son inlaw or Stan. So we will agree on that issue. As far as JR. he is a liar, and out of touch with reality. (in my opinion) Elvis out...

I use to love the dog and pony show. We got are awesome powerpoint presentation, it had to of costed $10's of dollars to produce each year. And do you remember that on that special day our TM's use to bring us in food that we could eat! Man those were the days, LOL!!

Joke

I used to look forward all year to getting my $50 gift card to Albertsons!! Man what a reward for hard work done all year long!! And then I got a nice letter from the executives, that was a digital copy of something that they signed. So thoughtful!!!! Kind of like when our pony tailed hippe driver in LMI got the vase presented to him from Mike M. and he told Mike M. to shove it up his a**!! real mature huh?

Cant wait to meet you

I used to look forward all year to getting my $50 gift card to Albertsons!! Man what a reward for hard work done all year long!! And then I got a nice letter from the executives, that was a digital copy of something that they signed. So thoughtful!!!! Kind of like when our pony tailed hippe driver in LMI got the vase presented to him from Mike M. and he told Mike M. to shove it up his a**!! real mature huh?

you sound like a real peach im going to your town when u invite me !! id love yo shake your hand what run do you run or are you afraid to say???? maybe we can have coffe together Friend or are you Rob Estes acting like a driver?:butt kiss:

Missed Ya!!!

Sorry, it was 25 I dont know what I was thinking. Giving GI more credit then they were due.... Wasnt even enough to buy a good bottle of booze.....

batman wheres robbin??

your such a sinner! I always donated mine to a homeless shelter, or gave it to a broke dick down on his luck.

:butt kiss: where is your dynamic dual twin at? did he have to report to are spoiled billion dollar man ?? why did you lie to cfer about changing your name?? thats not christian like ?? :smilie_132:

Whatever the amount was it was a nice thought and more than E has ever given. At least someone took the time to type out a letter of appreciation instead of just typing out some meaningless words on the envelope of your paycheck.

:butt kiss: where is your dynamic dual twin at? did he have to report to are spoiled billion dollar man ?? why did you lie to cfer about changing your name?? thats not christian like ?? :smilie_132:
I didn't lie, we pm'd each other yesterday and frankly why do you feel the need to trash on me? It isn't because I'm pro-estes is it? I really don't want to say where I'm at other then it isnt Richmond, Va. If I did you ex employees might send a black caddy with goons wearing cheap suits and hoffa jr jackets to my home to rough me up.

I didn't lie, we pm'd each other yesterday and frankly why do you feel the need to trash on me? It isn't because I'm pro-estes is it? I really don't want to say where I'm at other then it isnt Richmond, Va. If I did you ex employees might send a black caddy with goons wearing cheap suits and hoffa jr jackets to my home to rough me up.

what name did you used to post under? why did you change your name ?

If you have a problem with the pony tailed gentleman you should take it up with him personally and not resort to calling names and making disparaging remarks while hiding behind a screen name.Nobody is claiming that GI was perfect but if you are a driver and have been around any length of time you would know that you have benefitted from this same gentleman and others from that same terminal and other socal terminals who had spoken up to management and fought for the benefits that we had at GI. There was a time when they truly had an open door policy and not some suit jockeying around the dock and pretending,cuz if they truly cared they would make the changes and enforce the policies to eliminate the problems that they have.One of the upper management people looked me in the face and said E does not pay delay pay because you will not be delayed,no hotel delay because you will be dispatched when your 10 is up,you will be begging for time off because they will have so many miles for you to run, I could go on but you get the point.Is he a liar or just ill informed about his own co.Judge for yourself people.

thats a joke, he was hardly a gentleman. nothing more than a cry baby bully who did nothing but complain in the drivers room and destroy morale for drivers. he was a pos in my book, and thats the way he treated me, so he gets nothing in return. thats my two cents, and I can say whatever the hell I want. and the best part is that the majority of drivers who knew him think the same way of him, including the dispatchers. thanks and have a nice day.

thats a joke, he was hardly a gentleman. nothing more than a cry baby bully who did nothing but complain in the drivers room and destroy morale for drivers. he was a pos in my book, and thats the way he treated me, so he gets nothing in return. thats my two cents, and I can say whatever the hell I want. and the best part is that the majority of drivers who knew him think the same way of him, including the dispatchers. thanks and have a nice day.

Gotta say I disagree with you there and I continue to say that it is very cowardly of you to come on here and say things hiding behind a screen name.This is the last I will say on this subject because I refuse to get into a pissing match over this.

Well,well,well!!! When I'm hungry I eat a hungry man tv dinner. Sounds like estesfr8 has been dining on angry man tv dinners! You better settle down son. My question to you is as follows. If you think this guy is a pos, and he mis treated you, then why didn't you balls up and confront him when you had the chance? And I must correct you on your mistakes again. He has tremendous respect from the drivers as well as the dispatchers. Remember truth will set you free. Elvis out...

Gee administrator what do you call this? I call it RULE #1 He is not treating a good and great friend of mine with RESPECT!!!!!!!! This sounds like Mean Spirited to me. :chairshot: :chairshot: :chairshot: