Girl has nervous breakdown over tumbleweeds

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
I have to admit...the first time I experienced them, I got a bit grossed out.
I wasn't used to things rolling at me like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, some people have fears that are genuine to them. to some of us, it is indeed funny, but that poor gal was terrified beyond belief.

i didn't laugh at her fear, i felt bad for her that she was going through that.

on another note...in all my time running the road, i cannot ever remember ever seeing ANY tumbleweeds.....

maybe those days...the tumbleweeds took the day off..????

i can remember driving through Texas one time, at night, and there was this HUGE white "thing" in the middle of the highway.

as i got closer, it was the biggest gathering of white mice i had ever seen...

many got away......but many more got crushed, and dead bodies all under my tractor and trailer......made the guy at the company fuel island puke up when i pulled into the pit area for fueling....(it was an inside fuel island in the garage, with a pit for the guys to checks things out while getting fuel, the Victory Express terminal in Medway, OH)....

I always thought tumbleweeds were just a part of living in the west. I have seen them stuck in the grills & underneath tractors & trailers. They can pile up & plug drains in road ditches. The television cowboys sang songs about tumbleweeds.

The plant that tumbleweeds come from is not native to North America. It hitchhiked from Russia in the 1800's. It is so invasive that it is now present on every continent and island on the planet. It is impossible to get rid of. When it is growing, it cannot be pulled from the ground. When it dies off in the dry season the roots give up the above ground part and that is the tumbleweed you see.

That woman in the car is stoopid to have a fear of it.

Or is she . . . . . . .