Estes | give the sh*t freight to the union guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
let it go GT,I've read that erectile disfuntion leads to "BAITING" others to compensate for lack of performance

Your right, 100%, and I'm done, we all get into squabbles sometimes, but there comes a time to let it go and my time is now, I don't want you or anyone else to think of me like that, so thank you for that post.

Are they down??? No they are thriving!!!! Yeah they are doing something right, 20% pay cuts, no vacation pay no holiday pay no pension, lay offs, hocked their equipment, pawned their terminals lost most of their big accounts , and they have a 110 operating ratio. But the doors are open so I guess everything is great.:poster_stupid:

Last time I checked, upsf is making a lot more than you dreamed of, no cuts in benefits. Abf just completed a 180 million dollar buy of panther express, and fyi, no union company is going with no vacation, holiday or pension pay

Last time I checked, upsf is making a lot more than you dreamed of, no cuts in benefits. Abf just completed a 180 million dollar buy of panther express, and fyi, no union company is going with no vacation, holiday or pension pay

I might believe you if I hadn't trolled their forum. But I have and from what I have read most of those guys haven't worked a 5 day week in over 2 years. If its so great why don't you go get you one of those union jobs with all the great benefits?

Last edited by a moderator:
I can agree with everything except the wages. I think the union set the wages back when people wanted to go union but I don't think it's that way anymore and the non union shops are still giving increases.
theres alot of truth to your comment, but if it wasnt for the union and these non-union companies trying everything they can to to keep the union out, the non union workforce wouldnt be where they are at today, granted YRC has shredded what was a good contract, but then again Zollars was and still is an incompetent fool.. I remember walking on Overnites lawn with cards, and just because we were there with donuts, coffee, and cards they got a raise.. The other 2 union (or somewhat union) lines are doing fine, UPS freight and ABF are still getting raises, but we will see how that goes with ABFs contract..

theres alot of truth to your comment, but if it wasnt for the union and these non-union companies trying everything they can to to keep the union out, the non union workforce wouldnt be where they are at today, granted YRC has shredded what was a good contract, but then again Zollars was and still is an incompetent fool.. I remember walking on Overnites lawn with cards, and just because we were there with donuts, coffee, and cards they got a raise.. The other 2 union (or somewhat union) lines are doing fine, UPS freight and ABF are still getting raises, but we will see how that goes with ABFs contract..
i think the union contracts are peaked in every way and their is no room for failure. I just don't think that's the way to go.

i think the union contracts are peaked in every way and their is no room for failure. I just don't think that's the way to go.

To each his own Dew, a union would probably be a bad thing for the Big E, here at Sysco, it works for us, we have tons of room, I would not ever work in a non union Sysco house, I just wouldn't do it, however, I would feel very comfortable working for Estes in their non-union environment, what you guys have works, if it ain't broke, don't fix it right?

I might believe you if I hadn't trolled their forum. But I have and from what I have read most of those guys haven't worked a 5 day week in over 2 years. If its so great why don't you go get you one of those union jobs with all the great benefits?

I see you don't want to comment on what was posted by me. If it's only yrc you would like to talk about, actually holland and new penn have better ratio's than estes. I have only posted facts on these union companies, and don't recall saying, in any form that I would like to work for them. You seem to have a real hard on for yrc so why don't you go over to their site and bag on them there, as the union and yrc are none of our business and we don't need you hiding on our sight,bashing them

I've been a union driver for almost 20 years and have NEVER been denied a 5 day work week. Never have had an unpaid holiday, have 3 weeks PAID vacation, 5 PAID sick day, a PAID personal day, and have never paid a dime in insurance premiums. You should change your name to ignorantjewmexicanhilbilly.

I see you don't want to comment on what was posted by me. If it's only yrc you would like to talk about, actually holland and new penn have better ratio's than estes. I have only posted facts on these union companies, and don't recall saying, in any form that I would like to work for them. You seem to have a real hard on for yrc so why don't you go over to their site and bag on them there, as the union and yrc are none of our business and we don't need you hiding on our sight,bashing them
Im not anti yrc im anti competitor. I will bash any ltl company that competes with Estes. Some of you idiots would blow the competition if you could. This site is mostly a big sausage fest. Guys kissing each others adzes. Not me im loyal and anti union. Grocery thrower thinks the union has been so good to food service but he don't mention kroger / atlas those guys set at home and watch peytens put all their freight on non union trucks. Just another casualty of the union. And I on the Estes forum because I drive for Estes.

Everyone should go look at the foodservice forums #'s its a ghost town no wonder their moderator stays on the Estes forum theirs no one to talk to on any of those threads. Lol but he's welcome here. To add his two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.