R&L | Give us the info from the employee conference

The MTD's are going to be to be linked up to a Bluetooth device, so dispatch can communicate with us with them..The MTD's are also going to be able to give us turn by turn directions, and the programming will take into account that we are in big trucks..

:hyper:as other drivers have asked, anything on the status of team drivers. still getting 2 and 3 day weeks.starting to be a drag on the bank acct., and nerves.would be good to know a direction to go in.

Hey brace...did anyone bring up the teams. I need to know because they are killing us with outside power!!!!

They didn't really say anything about the teams...No one brought up any questions about them...

I would go to talktorl.com and ask any questions you have..

Sorry I couldn't help with your question.

I think I would try to hang in there, I believe they are expecting big to happen soon..

that why this meet should have line haul and teams drivers there because since all this change happen it effect them more that anybody with run being cut or give away and sitting at home more and more all the p&d had flex driver and them they use them on line haul

I'm curious to know why there wasn't more team drivers at the meeting to voice their opinions and ask questions. It seems they have suffered the biggest change in operations so you think they would be the first to attend.

Look up Abco transportations number, Dade City Florida I talked to them, they were bought out by R&L together with Paramount, they are looking to hire 80 new teams to pull R&L freight, dedicated runs, .42$ per mile split, out 3 weeks, this is the reality of it!!!!

I've been here awhile, and from day one Linehauling drivers have been left out of all meetings, memos, atta boys, good job, bad job, all of the above. I just roll with the punches and change as company needs me to and be thankful I'm working everyday.

there were very few team drivers at the meeting for 0ne reason. when you can get work,you take it.If there are trips to run, we cant turn them down,as there may not be any next week.this is the position we are in, also,once again, to the average rl driver,city or linehaul, teams do not come into their sphere of thought. we atre such a minority now as to be just an afterthought.

It seems the main goal was to have the city drivers work on the "One more shipment" program. This will help get the freight, to survive. I hate saying this but the team drivers do not interact with the customers daily on a 25 stop route. I know it takes everone together, but getting the city drivers to help ask for freight during these hard times seem to me to be the main focus.

Boss it seems like you think that City drivers jobs are more important than teams. Well at night when your in bed it's us teams that are out there away from home and our families moving that freight from state to state, and just like you we have families to provide for, so I think we all do equal share for the company and contribute in different ways, one without the other and the freight doesn't get moved. It does seem like the city drivers on here feel like as long as they have their jobs, then the rest of us need to just take what we can get and be satisfied to be working. Something doesn't sound fair here, I've been with the company for almost 10 years all as a team driver, and I feel like my job and all other team drivers deserve the same consideration as your job!!! And for the fact of the matter, just about everytime I go some where, wether it is on my time or R&L' s I look for and solicite future business. So we might only have 5 or 6 stops a week but it takes us 5000 or more miles to make them!!!!!

they are looking at the Caribbean islands and overseas mdt's are going to be a lot better and they said that they are going to mail a DVD of the meeting to every employee so everyone will see what we did I thing all important questions were answered the company sounds like we are doing well

luvndriven, Sorry.............I didn't mean to affend you or any team drivers. I clearly understand what you are saying. We are all one team, it just seams a lot of focus recently has been on the city drivers to ask for more freight. AGAIN, no harm intended. I've been with the company many years also, seen a lot of changes recently. I'm hoping for the best, like everyone else. We all need to be postive, work extra hard & support our companies direction.
Be safe out there !!!!!!