Yellow | Given a choice?

Motobecane

TB Lurker
Credits
As a new driver, if you were given a choice between YRC and Holland, which would you take and why? (I realize YRC owns Holland). Assume both jobs are full time.

Mmmm.
Trick question?
:17142:
Flip a coin. :1036316054:
Maybe some Holland guys can jump in here.
Personally if I were starting now.
I would stay away from the LTL world.
Not saying you should. But with what I know now.
I would. Hindsight is..... :6788:

As a new driver, if you were given a choice between YRC and Holland, which would you take and why? (I realize YRC owns Holland). Assume both jobs are full time.
I have worked for both even though YRC was for just a short time when laid off from Holland. I would have stayed at YRC except for the change of operations that pop up way to often. I really liked my job at YRC I did the same thing every day and was paid 502 miles and it was easy, but I did not know if down the road there would be a COO and the job would move or be eliminated so I went back to Holland. I am guessing that was probably very little help but that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

When I was at Preston, I admired Holland. When Preston closed, Holland offered me casual work, but Yellow hired me full time in the city. 10 years later, YRC was formed while I was laid off, and I moved on to a better job.

I considered going to Holland on the Road. Always hear good things about Holland. Would never ever ever go to YRCs Road Board in Indy. It's a Hog Board, and the bottom guy sits at home, getting maybe a run a week.

Thank you for your responses everyone.

I noticed that Holland pays OT after 8 and YRC after 40.

On average do you think the YRC drivers end up with less OT than the Holland drivers because of this?

When I was at Preston, I admired Holland. When Preston closed, Holland offered me casual work, but Yellow hired me full time in the city. 10 years later, YRC was formed while I was laid off, and I moved on to a better job.

I considered going to Holland on the Road. Always hear good things about Holland. Would never ever ever go to YRCs Road Board in Indy. It's a Hog Board, and the bottom guy sits at home, getting maybe a run a week.

I think PIE was the only union carrier in the Carolinas with a rotating board, it's hard to get top guys to vote
down a seniority dispatch.