Central Transport | Glad the company made money

Eeksharky

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm sure glad they turned a profit at everyones expense. I can't wait till next year. When more poor management leads to cuts at our level. Heres a few things we could do. Lose more customers this way we won't need as much equiptment to do the job . Make everyone salary. Don't buy any more equiptment. Everyone knows we have the best stuff on the road. I think we could make it 10 more years with out any money in the shop:hysterical: budget. Don't get anymore forklifts. These are also really nice. Buy more load tables this way we can keep our load factor up and be the freight dogs. Go freight Dogs!!!!! Cram as much as you can.

Vitran' Income from Operations is up 17% for the 4th Quarter of 2006. This is after the Company has admited it was the worse Quarter in 18 mos.

It's possable they only bought Chris, SSW, and PJAC to suck the gravy off the top of less paid employee's:nutkick: while making the books look better for the investors:butt kiss: so they keep those numbers up so they'll continue to invest their money.

As employee's you should demand they make things fair across the board of all Vitran Companies. If you go along and Get along you will get nothing. Federal Laws demand equal pay for equal work and you should demand this also. This Pay based on region is just a way for them to build a National Company at the cost of their employee's.

It's time for Vitran to either S#!t or get off the pot as far as intergrating these companies into one system so there is some kind of consisities across the board as far as wages and benifets for such employee's, or there is a train wreck comming. You can only con these people for so long.

While they continue to preach "One Team One Vision" this is far from reality.:toxic:

excuse me iam not less paid we have drivers making over 20hr for pjax working the city.pjax will help your companys dinsity problems severly.

I hope so, but when a company tells employee's one thing and does something else it make's you wonder about their intentions. Taking from their employee's refusing to repair equitment and so on is not the path to seccess. They are spending about 2mill a year on auto leases for management and you don't see them cutting that...
I'm glad your not making less.... but the Vitran drivers felt that way also until now.
Good Luck My friend..:smilie_132:

Options..... Quit and loose years... Or get the Brotherhood to come in?

Not going to happen here ....the brotherhood requires 25% to 30% interest before they'll come in.... To many people:butt kiss: here for that to happen.

As far as moaning this is what the board was made for, Atleast you knew there was a problem from the posts.:hide: If the moaning bothers you, i wouldn't suggest the playboy forum.:flame:
Have a nice day..

it doesnt matter how much we complain vitran is going to do what they want they have plenty of drivers and when we finally have vitran and pax together they will have more than they need so they wont change untill that is done and then we need to get rid of dave k and then we may see some change for the good but the way they are keeping all four companys separate their could never be a united company because they could close one and open it under one of the other names atleast thats what i think by the way hello gearraker

that dave k was in our break room in columbus when vitran bought us rick and don h from pjax did all the talking and he did not say one word..not even welcome to vitran or anything...ha fester

Well pjax is going to have to get d/trips & haz if they dont have it now thats the vitran way ha & they make about 20hr incity but they make .533 a mile but till chris has nothing to do with this co we will not ever see that money and that is that

we were told we will remain a van operation doubles and triple will not be needed.rick told us that in our meeting with vitran

i think they are going to run pups out of central and vans in eastern this whole thing doesnt make much sense to me they are telling pjax one thing and vitran another chris somthing else and who knows what they are telling siera but they just restructured our pay were we make diffrent pay for pulling a van then we do if we pull pups

Rick told us we would all be one company also. It's going on two years since they bought Chris, and Chris is still operated seperate. If I were you I wouldnt believe anything Rick say's.....:toxic:

He is saying now total intergration is coming in the 4 quarter of this year, but what's he going to say then?
He said last year the changes were coming the first of this year, now its the end of the year.....The truth is they don't intend to change it, and won't say it because they need you to keep things going until they can replace you. The only change they are working on is the business side of it.

I think Fester is right, they found out they didn't have to inagrate the employee's only the business, and if you as a employee don't like it, that's too bad. They would like nothing better than the senior drivers quit so they can be replaced with new, lower paid ones, and trying to think of a way to make that happen without disrupting operations.

:Duel:They would like nothing better then the employee's fight with each other. We need to band together and demand they do what they said they were going to do!

I just hope the :butt kiss: are the first to go.......

vitran finally gave chris a pay scale for city. 17.00 starting pay 17.50 after 90 days and top pay 19.50 takes 4yrs to get there.do not know if it is every where or just my term. im happy about it maybe things are finally changing for the best.

:1036316054: Yea thats a good thing.

Last I heard Chris people in Wichita were making $9.00 hr. Now this is unbelievable but that's what they said. It could be that they are only loaders on second shift i don't know?

I don't know where you are, but it sounds like Vitran is starting to make a move on Chris.
Rick G. told investers on Feb 8th on the Vitran's quarterly conference call they were going to spend 11 million dollors this year to purchase the Wichita, and Kansas City termimals. Now, this dosn't make any since to me, I thought they bought out Chris in 2005.

Wichita is the key as far as Chris, Chris Corp office. It's been hard to get the snakes from the snakepit. Once Vitran has complete control of Wichita, then you'll see changes.
Hang in there.......

Hello gearracker:smilie_132:

maybe the terminals were leased and they are buying them,i know there spending 2mill on cinncy going to double the size of it and there adding onto are lot in columbus

here at ctl this the truth

:butt kiss: Diesel Chaser u and everyone knows that chris tkl are going to lie to us as lone as they can but the two in the office in wichita :toxic: need to go and grey needs to get in there but i gess we will see right:butt kiss: