Glen Campbell has passed away

And another great musician passes away, may he Rest in Peace.

Everybody knows his hits but he was a great studio guitarist before he became famous. Played guitar on this masterpiece. RIP my friend.

He was actually a pretty good actor too, I just watched the original True Grit last week, he was really good in it.

Glen grew up in the southwestern part of this state. His family was poor but they all worked hard. Good people all.
As Course said he was a talented musician who paid his dues. He said he always admired talent. There were no synthetic or computer assisted recordings of him. He performed live on stage singing naturally. He is best known as a country singer but his talent allowed him to cover a wide range of music.
My wife & a friend did student teaching in Delight years ago. Glen's cousins & family opened their doors to everybody like country folks always do. Visitors were not strangers very long.

Last edited:
Glen grew up in the southwestern part of this state. His family was poor but they all worked hard. Good people all.
As Course said he was a talented musician who paid his dues. He said he always admired talent. There were no synthetic or computer assisted recordings of him. He performed live on stage singing naturally. He is best known as a country singer but his talent allowed him to cover a wide range of music.
My wife & a friend did student teaching in Delight years ago. Glen's cousins & family opened their doors to everybody like country folks always do. Visitors were not strangers very long.

Thanks for sharing that Doc. So many of these giants of music passing on and nobody to take their place.