Yellow | Glennmore

• Thread starter imported_average joe
  • Start date
I

imported_average joe

I heard an ad recently about driveing team and pulling doubles out of the KC area,it was offering relocation etc. obvilously this yellow or roadway freight.Myquestion is how or why is the union or membership allowing the company to do this? Kinda sounds like the same move CF made to move everything over to the non-union company and bankrupt the union carrier

I heard an ad recently about driveing team and pulling doubles out of the KC area,it was offering relocation etc. obvilously this yellow or roadway freight.Myquestion is how or why is the union or membership allowing the company to do this? Kinda sounds like the same move CF made to move everything over to the non-union company and bankrupt the union carrier

They are running freight that used to be on the rails. This was one of the issues that was dealt with in the contract.

There is no certain type of rail freight. It's just that they are allowed a certain percentage of freight to be moved by rail. What kind of freight it is does not matter, although it's usually the slowest and cheapest and goes long distance.

substitute service

4% of total tonnage is what got changed from rail to prefered carriers.

ever try to get good paying ltl out of california?

think that might be why zollars started the chinese operation?

to fill our trailers eastbound with import freight?

before we bought usf, they used glen moore in direct competition with us interlining between red star and holland and bestway and reddaway.

right now new penn is interlining to reddaway with glen moore.

to bring it all home there's a lot more money to be made in short haul and regional freight so why not utilize manpower where we can make the most money think 'velocity change'.

'mint flavored KY for that special someone'

Uh Huh

4% of total tonnage is what got changed from rail to prefered carriers.

ever try to get good paying ltl out of california?

think that might be why zollars started the chinese operation?

to fill our trailers eastbound with import freight?

before we bought usf, they used glen moore in direct competition with us interlining between red star and holland and bestway and reddaway.

right now new penn is interlining to reddaway with glen moore.

to bring it all home there's a lot more money to be made in short haul and regional freight so why not utilize manpower where we can make the most money think 'velocity change'.

'mint flavored KY for that special someone'
ANYONE SEEN THE MOVIE "HOFFA"? O-R-G-A-N-I-Z-E... you fradey cats!!!

flattop u r wrong i run a kc bid out of nsh and when glen began pulling freight out of kc it was and still is all pups during conversations with yard and dock workers found out they r pulling express freight that falls into road catagory.

Maybe I worded it wrong. The point is that instead of puting a certain percentage of freight on the train, they now shift some of that percentage to Glenmore. It doesn't matter what freight it is (we don't see it anyway). The contract does not limit them as to the "type" of freight it is.

Glenmoore

They do pull long boxes in and out of here SLC.
Looks as if most of the weekend Exact Express also goes this way.
I have noticed a lot more long boxes on Yellow teams since all this went into effect.
On another note we have a bunch of empty pups and vans here but no dogs all week long. How can you run a doubles or triple operation when you got no dogs ?

They do pull long boxes in and out of here SLC.
Looks as if most of the weekend Exact Express also goes this way.
I have noticed a lot more long boxes on Yellow teams since all this went into effect.
On another note we have a bunch of empty pups and vans here but no dogs all week long. How can you run a doubles or triple operation when you got no dogs ?

Nothing about YRC makes sense anymore, IMO.

Didn't anyone of you vote on the last contract, NMFA or read the new contract to pull freight from the rail and use owner operators???? We all voted for this new contract because it passed remember! we passed the contract to allow companies like Glen Moore to haul our freight and any other swinging peter non union carrier to haul out freight regardless if you voted no or didn't vote it passed. So stop your whining.

If they pull our trailers west, do they bobtail east? Seams the whole system creates an imbalance for their equipment, and ours.

Usf ih going to be the sleeper opperation for yellow and roadway and "our union" is letting them do it. You know the union is getting something out of it. They dont care about the ones who are still paying dues....... Yrc is gonna run teamsters out of the buisness. Just like cf did...

Two things here.....
1. Yep, the Union is gonna get something out of it....our continued employment.

2. My memory must be failing but I can't recall CF running the Union "out of business".....

where were you in '91

old ohio.

where were you in 1991 when the first intermodal change went into effect?

do you realize how many rail loads have gone right by you in the buckeye since then and nobody said boo?

taking 4% off the rail from 28% aint going to kill us.

buy KY it will prevent tearing in those 'special' moments.