Estes | Glider

nctruckin

TB Lurker
Credits
ok...dumb question....what model of trucks are the Kenworth 'gliders'? Reason I'm asking is gonna bite the bullet and get a cb(got rid of mine a few years ago...too much crap on it....but since I'm not in truckstops anymore, figured why not.....and I wanna get a GOOD, big one!).

** If the radio doesn't have a heat sink mounted on the bottom. I had a galaxy 33 with a front mic jack in a 660 glider.
looking at getting a General Lee(had an older model I sold to a friend) OR a Galaxy! I know IF I'm moved into a Freightliner, as that is what use to drive, they won't fit....now, anyone know a good CB guy in Greensboro? haha I don't REALLY wanna stop while on the road. Thinking of shopping online....if they know the 'connections' I think I'll be good to go! Thanks all!

Not trying to a A-hole but what do gliders have to do with u buying a CB? I wouldn't bother with big radios. Anything over 110watts. u would need to hook up directly to the battery. Trust me it's not worth it. A 29 with an RFX-75, turbo echo, receive kit and an old school RK mic will get the job done. Make sure u have a good double shielded coax and a decent antenna. I prefer the old school Francis. This is a hassle free set up that won't break your bank. BTW my 29 tested at 110watts on a bird meter, plugged in with my cig lighter plug at 14V.

Not trying to a A-hole but what do gliders have to do with u buying a CB? I wouldn't bother with big radios. Anything over 110watts. u would need to hook up directly to the battery. Trust me it's not worth it. A 29 with an RFX-75, turbo echo, receive kit and an old school RK mic will get the job done. Make sure u have a good double shielded coax and a decent antenna. I prefer the old school Francis. This is a hassle free set up that won't break your bank. BTW my 29 tested at 110watts on a bird meter, plugged in with my cig lighter plug at 14V.
being, new to the whole glider kit thing....reason is everything SHAKES HARD! I don't want to get a nice radio and then it gets broken from hitting bumps CONSTANTLY! I'm learning......something I don't want to STOP doing, or else, I'm done driving! #1 RULE! Hard questions are easy for me, easy ones are hard....go figure. haha But, I'm gonna order a cb online, and install it myself, that's the whole reason for asking. I'm so use to a cascadia, I was thinking of getting a Wilson antenna for my truck....but I don't wanna go all out or anything, anymore! Did that a few years back...actually had a 'kicker' and pulled in 5 miles away! haha But, just want weather band(which I know we have on the radio) and occational talk! Some guys, going down the road, at night, seem to talk more, and be more curtious, than the daytime! I had a General Lee that was 150watts...I just want something that is around 80-100 watts! If you can point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I'm NOT looking for POWER, like I was....had that....just something good and reliable. Hope you have a good labor day!

being, new to the whole glider kit thing....reason is everything SHAKES HARD! I don't want to get a nice radio and then it gets broken from hitting bumps CONSTANTLY! I'm learning......something I don't want to STOP doing, or else, I'm done driving! #1 RULE! Hard questions are easy for me, easy ones are hard....go figure. haha But, I'm gonna order a cb online, and install it myself, that's the whole reason for asking. I'm so use to a cascadia, I was thinking of getting a Wilson antenna for my truck....but I don't wanna go all out or anything, anymore! Did that a few years back...actually had a 'kicker' and pulled in 5 miles away! haha But, just want weather band(which I know we have on the radio) and occational talk! Some guys, going down the road, at night, seem to talk more, and be more curtious, than the daytime! I had a General Lee that was 150watts...I just want something that is around 80-100 watts! If you can point me in the right direction, that'd be great! I'm NOT looking for POWER, like I was....had that....just something good and reliable. Hope you have a good labor day!
It is all a matter of preference and the kind of money that you want to spend. I have one of the T680s and I have my radio mounted on a board next to the passenger seat so I can take it out pretty easy by unplugging the coax cable and pulling the power plug from the outlet. That way if I have to leave the truck somewhere. Hope this helps you.