Glimmer of Hope

Who Cares

TB Lurker
Credits
The IBT has reported to us that they meet with the company representatives on Thursday and that the company has taken a copy of the latest Union proposal to look at. I have heard (but not in the official release) that a federal mediator was present. It was not said when they would meet again.

i heard that the company lawyers said they would entertain a proposal or a concept of an agreement stand strong solidarity goes a lot further than the lone sheep baaah baaah baah to the 9 sheep in pdx you know who you are and if you didnt than here it is you are the thinning of the heard you are the sick and weak we are glad that you are gone we wouldnt want you infecting the rest of us p.s were not sheep lol lol lol

i heard that the company lawyers said they would entertain a proposal or a concept of an agreement stand strong solidarity goes a lot further than the lone sheep baaah baaah baah to the 9 sheep in pdx you know who you are and if you didnt than here it is you are the thinning of the heard you are the sick and weak we are glad that you are gone we wouldnt want you infecting the rest of us p.s were not sheep lol lol lol

I know of 4 Drivers
Fred, Dave, Al and Lou
3 Dock.
Arvind, Gary and Peter
They all crossed and we are much stronger now that the garbage
is gone.

Cody and Wade you were the weakest of the bunch, worthless on the
dock so you put in for a management position, odds are if your worthless
and don't know how to do your job, you are Oak Harbor management
material. Gary also wants into management. But the Big Question is?
What will be left to manage.....................................NOTHING

the names listed are the portland scum. I am sure Auburn can list their spineless people also. Most of you have worked with these people for along time. Now you know who your true teamster brothers are. These people want all of the benefits but are not willing to stand behind the the people who got them there. Louie V had a job at Reddaway but he crossed because he was afraid of losing his vacation time. What a worthless piece of s************.

the names listed are the portland scum. I am sure Auburn can list their spineless people also. Most of you have worked with these people for along time. Now you know who your true teamster brothers are. These people want all of the benefits but are not willing to stand behind the the people who got them there. Louie V had a job at Reddaway but he crossed because he was afraid of losing his vacation time. What a worthless piece of s************.

I think I have heard the same verbiage coming from someone that dared to cross the /••\.

I think I have heard the same verbiage coming from someone that dared to cross the /••\.

:Off-Topic:I am truly offended as a union member the comparison you are using. As well as bringing the garbage that you are posting trying to make the comparison with the "n" word to the "s" word in the other thread.:thumbsdown:

I am not comparing 'union members' to anything at all. I am comparing the vernacular of one of the posters to something that I heard in another arena. If you think this is unfair, then it may be advisable for some of the posters to remember whom they represent before embarrasing the Teamsters with their language.
It would seem to me that if someone wants a reader to see their point of view, they would not try so desperately to make what they stand for so completely unattractive.
Just trying to help.

Some of these threads are headed down a bad road. Lets get back on topic and leave out the innuendos.

Ryerke Please have respect for all of us hardworking Teamsters who made it possible for you to have the job and wages you havein the Calif. area. 20 Yrs of hard work on my and others parts made you .When we ( TEAMSTERS ) are gone. You will most likely never see a wage or benefit increase as long as you work.Most likely Oak will start with cuts to pay for their massive cluster f--- in Wa. and Or. Do your homework and figure out how many yrs of our work it took to build Calif. eqpt,terminals and your wages.

The Teamsters think they can say without remorse, own yet do not, and verbally shout out at co-workers whenever they can. NOT. Yea you can voice out but we all know it is just garage. The Teamsters do not control the direction and thoughts of everyone involved. If they do, then they need to start using their mental health benefits to help out. The company, OHFL also tried that as well and as we all know it didn't go far either. Our new paper released a topic, "Support the Employee Free Choice Act." It is the choice of our co-workers to voice up to this matter. So why are fellow Teamsters trying so hard to offend others?

Hey AUBdriver, what happened to the old paper? Better be careful ryerke will send you to the hall with no snack. Would you start using a dictionary and thesaurus, I believe they are in your top right drawer! It would help you bring across what you ARE trying to communicate a little better.

Ryerke Please have respect for all of us hardworking Teamsters who made it possible for you to have the job and wages you havein the Calif. area. 20 Yrs of hard work on my and others parts made you .When we ( TEAMSTERS ) are gone. You will most likely never see a wage or benefit increase as long as you work.Most likely Oak will start with cuts to pay for their massive cluster f--- in Wa. and Or. Do your homework and figure out how many yrs of our work it took to build Calif. eqpt,terminals and your wages.

First I would like to say that I agree with BigR. I would like to add that, as I said before, I never said anything against the Teamsters. One poster continues to make comments that, in my opinion, are not becoming to the organization. I would think that you would be better served to chastise that poster.

First I would like to say that I agree with BigR. I would like to add that, as I said before, I never said anything against the Teamsters. One poster continues to make comments that, in my opinion, are not becoming to the organization. I would think that you would be better served to chastise that poster.

I realize this is a very difficult time for the employees of OHFL. However we must follow a few simple rules. Leave out the F bombs, other unacceptable cursing, the Sc*b word, personal attacks on posters. Attack the post, not the poster. I cut you people a lot of slack during this time, so help me out here. Non OHFL employee posters will be judged on a post by post basis.

You wouldn't be trying to get people banned now would you? Maybe it would serve you better to read all that BigR has posted.

If some of you think my postings are to harsh then to bad. Do I think the people who have turned their backs on fellow workers are garbage, absolutely!!! This has nothing to do with union or not. It has every thing to do with the integrity of these people who have worked beside you for years, have benefited from the previous contracts negotiated and are willing to throw it all away. These are fair weather friends that most of us do not need.

Don't blame them for crossing....

I really dont see how you blame those for crossing the lines to return to providing for their families. Certainly the dedication of all past employees have made this company strong, and their dedication and hard work was rewarded with a competitive salary within the marketplace.

However, the marketplace is changing rapidly. Perhaps its time to return to work and fight another day, a day when market conditions could afford the contract sought by those striking...

I suppose YRC employees are proud to be working under the master freight agreement, that is, untill next month when they begin to merge operations and let go of 20-30% of their labor.

Perhaps OAKH strikers can begin to picket YRC customers as well; after all YRC was implementing TOO FAIR OF LABOR practices to stay IN BUSINESS.

Wonderbike the company never once cried economic hardship they did not open their books to prove a marketplace hardship.They were apparently not harmed at all by the last union contract and managed to still open many new california terminals. They did not ask for a wage freeze and changed almost every benefit or work condition in the contract. If anybody here feels they will be treated fairly working under the current company proposal or a non-
union Oak you are seriously in trouble. It is highly likely you will get a wage cut .Ask how many times the insurance benefits (nonunion) have been changed? Oh don't ever tell a manager the truth he can fire you any moment for any reason.Wake up look reality in the face.Get another job if you have to .THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO CROSS THE LINE.
other than total disregard for fellow workers and their families. Don't make lame pathetic excuses it's not easy for anybody you can not justify your moral weakness.

i beleave that oakh has spent more money on this union busting deal than probably would have cost to JUST maintain our current benefit package i for one have a little self respect and cannot bring myself to cross that line and lower my status as a at will employee and yes i do have a family and a mortgage but sometimes you got to find a way to make it without selling out find a job to get you by and struggle like the rest of us streangth in numbers allways prevail

Don't blame them for crossing....

Womderbike you say don't blame them for crossing maybe they needed to takecare of their families. I know the 3 v brothers had jobs at Reddaway so did some of the other crossers. They have quit to cross the line now knowone else can be hired until the strike is settled. Ricardo V was asked by a union driver making a delivery on Monday if he was headed for the pickets after he got off of work and his reply is why bother. These people are the lowest in the barrel. They will get no sympathy from this household.

Ask how many times the insurance benefits (nonunion) have been changed?

Do you know how many times? 0

How many times has union changed benefits in the same period? 0?

The company gives you a 12% increase and ask for 0, 1 or 2% back for health insurance. You can put up to 6% of that toward your 401k so if you max out health insurance and 401k, you still end up with 4% increase in wage.

Please then tell me what the lifetime plan limit is in your proposed policy is versus Teamster plan . But be carefull not
to expose yourself as anything but a helpful fellow worker.
Nod Nod wink wink , I know you only want to help us dumb
Teamsters to know what's good for us . Not buying it Pal.