Go union they said...get a guaranteed pension...they said

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Ice Rider, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ice Rider

Ice Rider Well-Known Member

"It was run through Congress in the dead of night, and President Obama -- who was supposed to be for the working class -- signed it,"

This cross-section of America includes more than a million former truck drivers, office and factory employees, bricklayers and construction workers who are threatened with cutbacks that could last the rest of their lives.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/reti...ensions/ar-AAouj8B?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

2. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

No surprise do you think any new hires at YRC or Holland will get a pension?

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Grocery Shopping. The Meat Department. AD-FREE USER

No chance.
    Hell, those of us who spent decades there, but are too young to retire, will be lucky to get a single penny.

SAC75 and Keepingon like this.
  4. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

Oh you may get 80% of your good time if you are lucky at 65 I was told recently if you escape now. guess what the 401 out preformed the pension already so stick it! Those who have invested on their own will be alright, but that toxic cancer of a company is only on a death spiral.

5. Toby

Toby Well-Known Member

The new guys would have to work into their 100's to get a small stipend

6. Northern Flash

What??????
    You're taking away my CDL and I can finally retire?

[​IMG]

falconfan, Toby and Rastus like this.
  7. AzPilot

AzPilot Well-Known Member

Question........When you say too young to retire, do you mean you are not qualified to collect yet or you feel you are suppose to work until you reach 65.
    When I retired people said you are too young to retire,what are you going to do.........I say don't know but I'm collecting my pension as soon as eligible, same will happen when I can collect SS @ 62

Bubba74, Northern Flash, Toby and 2 others like this.
  8. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

You retired at 51, didn't you? In CSPF it's a 6% @ year penalty for each year before age 65 for about 10 years now

Northern Flash likes this.
  9. AzPilot

53.............I used to be jealous of Central States 20 and out, 25 and out.

Western is a peer 80

jimmy g likes this.
  10. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Never heard of 20 and out in the CSPF.

11. AzPilot

I could be wrong about 20/out........it all worked out for me, even if the last couple of years were turbulent .

12. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I had a great uncle that took it in the early to mid eighties. Pension payouts were way smaller back then though.
    Here is a link to a UPS q&a. In the answer to question 1 they talk about it.
    http://www.ibtupspensionfund.ups.com/IBT_QA.htm

Bart and AzPilot like this.
  13. Northern Flash

I have pensions waiting for me AZ, but I'm way to young to start collecting.

14. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

Pensions... Were not a terrible idea. Just one that was not sustainable as the population grew. The country assumed it was going to have much more money than it would actually end up with. Truthfully we as a country are not in the best shape so far as spending, the national debt and so forth. I have no reliance that anyone who is currently a millennial will have a pension plan at least in any measure that it was intended for 50+ years before.

Is it their fault? No. Is it the governments fault? Not particularly. We as a people shouldn't rely on the government in that aspect in my opinion. We should have singular and beneficial transactions. We pay reasonable taxes throughout the year, and get a tax return. Thats it.

Toby likes this.
  15. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

Oh it is the government's fault. Making higher payouts mandatory in at least the central states pension was absolutely the goverments fault. They knew full well that the payees were declining and never coming back but yet forced out almost double retirement benefits. That is absolutely the fault of our government. They wanted the taxes from our pensions now and not later. Greed!

16. Tyler Durden

Tyler Durden New Member

I hear you. A lot of that is overfunding of the government. You man to tell me I just paid a premium on my taxes to fund this guy sitting in his office lobbying other government officials to pass this nonsensical measure? No no no. I tell you what. How about i give you 1/3 the taxes you claim i "owe" and you use that for the most essential parts of the governmental body to provide a decent quality of life for everyone in this country. The minute nonsensical measures starts to be considered, I'm overpaying.

17. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Tyler I don't think you know what he is referring to! It had nothing to do with government money! The IRS would not let pension funds bank extra money made when times were good they made them pay it out or pay taxes on it!
    We didn't rely on the government we put our own money away for the future! Government and Wall Street f***ed the goose!

SAC75 likes this.
  18. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

So lets trust them with healthcare

that said, my pension is an absolute mess here in Kentucky, weekly articles about how under funded it is
    Come on Powerball

Toby and SAC75 like this.
  19. SAC75

SAC75 Well-Known Member

I play Mega millions too!!! Lol