FedEx Freight | Goin down fast..

WornOut

TB Lurker
Credits
A Central driver told one of our drivers the other day that the CFL center sent 7 city tractors away, going from 14 to seven, as far as I know, they had drivers in all but a few of them, they are using line equipment too, so I dont know whats happening to them. They have had a couple retire, but surely they have enough tractors, or are they trimming down to prepare for something? One thing I am curious about, is, that center has leased space out to other carriers in the past, they have a 108 door facility, but have used only about 36 doors in the past 12 to 13 years, back when I was there they cut the operation way down, I dont want to see a company go down, but I think that Fedex could use that big facility to our advantage, as we are really outgrowing our little antiquated facility every day. If CFL went down, would they consider moving into that facility?

jakester12 said:
saw some earnings reports last week on central their losing millions every quarter o/r was at 106
Yeah. I believe they are affiliated with Swift now. They may pull them down too.