Going in round 2

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
So I emailed my truck driving school and asked them if they would be willing to work with me on shifting. I know that when I was there they would work with people in one on one situations. Like I already have a CDL and do not need a full blown refresher not even close as I drive beer trucks almost everyday, I just need to hammer on this 10 speed and if I have to kill 3-4 weekends to do it then that's what I have to do.

I'm trying not be one of these green horns that people don't think very highly of. So I figure I'll grab the bull by the horns kill a few weekends and make it happen. I'll force it to click.

My truck driving school was very understanding. The price there charging me for 1 on 1 time is only there cost pretty much fuel and the cost of the instructor. The GM talked to me and said "You already paid us the big money once, we try not to really stick it to you again." Actually if the schedule permitted they would have thrown me in with a class and not charged me at all, but I would rather pay a little bit of money and get the one on one time. Heck I would even pay more and make it worth there while so they could turn a small profit.

Tomorrow I am on the same run I was on last Tuesday however this time around it will go smoother I know where I am going and I just got to keep my head and keep cool and will be okay. I learned a little about backing from pulling that little trailer and that should make things easier tomorrow as far as getting the trailer in the dock goes. They will make a truck driver out of me yet ha-ha :shift:

I almost want to buy myself a little day cab 10 speed one like an old Ford Aeromax from the mid 1990's like a little $5,000 truck and just bomb around in it after work and practice shifting I don't really even need a trailer just a bob tail truck. I know where I can park one and then when I am all done, sell it. Unfortunately it would cost money to insure and that would be kind of tricky because I couldn't just get insurance from like State Farm for it even though it would be for personal use only. I guess it's not really practical to do.

This is a serious thing, but if there are any guys out here in Easter, Western or Central Ohio and you have an old farm truck or older semi tractor that you don't really use or maybe are thinking about selling or what ever the case maybe, if your interested I would like to have the opportunity to just drive it around for a little while just to get the shifting to click once it clicks then that's it, it's like learning how to read once you know how to read, your done, but it wouldn't be forever just a weekend or two or three, but seriously I'll pay you and make it worth your while and everything. I was in business for myself America's a pay to play game.

If any guys who read this think that maybe you would like to help polish this rookie up, I'm willing to learn. Like I said I drive them at work not everyday because we have autos at work too, but I do drive them at work some and I'm going back to school this week for 3 hours of shifting fun and I've learned on the 10 speeds now, so I'm really making an effort to get this down and I'm really pushing the line on this, but if any of you guys who own a truck or two and maybe it's just sitting there and it's not your everyday truck that you use, but just a spare want to make a few bucks send me a private message and we can get the ball rolling.

Thank you
Mike