Golonka appreciation thread

S

Smoov

I went to the Royal Warsaw Restaurant and ordered my favorite....Golonka which is a pork shank soaked overnight in beer. This is the only time I ever eat anything bigger than my head

that picture seems to make that mighty big. my days of eating large portions are all over with. but i do hope that YOU ate it all..!!

the outside is a thick layer of fat that you peel off and pile it up. inside is a veal-like shank meat. when I order it I already know most is going home anyway so I get to savor it. It took me 2 days at home to finish it. To my right is my son's order of golumpki or gwumpki (stuffed cabbage)

I went to the Royal Warsaw Restaurant and ordered my favorite....Golonka which is a pork shank soaked overnight in beer. This is the only time I ever eat anything bigger than my head

That looks awesome, that stuffed cabbage is making my mouth water!

the outside is a thick layer of fat that you peel off and pile it up. inside is a veal-like shank meat. when I order it I already know most is going home anyway so I get to savor it. It took me 2 days at home to finish it. To my right is my son's order of golumpki or gwumpki (stuffed cabbage)

I know about gwumpki, my wife's maiden name has eight letters and ends in k a.

after I eat this I get the strange urge to buy a Volvo and start running loads to Chicago

after I eat this I get the strange urge to buy a Volvo and start running loads to Chicago

Hey now, not all Volvo drivers are bad guys!

9740804767_c57e2b24ee_b.jpg