Estes | Gonna try again

No...But I'll be letting you know in about 7 years......Me and Mud are getting together in New Mexico and going to watch those damn migets play basketball....

I'll be 68 but Stark will still be dazzling the young women with his southern charm. I can hardly wait. Go Lobos!!

Last edited by a moderator:
We will see. Makes me wonder if they'll hold off hiring anyone for the time being, get a new tm in and let him get his feet under him before they hire anyone else.

Don't need to be jealous of me this week. Ain't nothing but water down here in the sunshine. Big trucks flipped over, sink holes along I10 with big truck in them. I had to find a place to kill some time until they clear things up
2012-06-26_16-32-40_207.jpg

Don't need to be jealous of me this week. Ain't nothing but water down here in the sunshine. Big trucks flipped over, sink holes along I10 with big truck in them. I had to find a place to kill some time until they clear things up
2012-06-26_16-32-40_207.jpg

Jesus dew, you get paid to do all that, man you really are my idol...lol

And im sure you wouldnt pay for a thing there, you silver ton devil

Why in the heck won't anyone from Estes in Atlanta call me? They've had a listing for linehaul drivers for over a month on the website, I filled out the app and... nothing! Tried to call them and was informed that "they don't take phone calls on linehaul positions, they will call me" and... nothing. I've got an app with YRC and I have a conditional offer from them, but the more I think about it the more I'm scared to go over there. They operate on an every 3 hr call block, and if you don't get called on a particular call block and they have senior drivers come off rest for the next call block, you get shoved to the bottom. Recipe for starving to death if you ask me. Still want a change of scenery, sick of wearing the blue uniform.

Why in the heck won't anyone from Estes in Atlanta call me? They've had a listing for linehaul drivers for over a month on the website, I filled out the app and... nothing! Tried to call them and was informed that "they don't take phone calls on linehaul positions, they will call me" and... nothing. I've got an app with YRC and I have a conditional offer from them, but the more I think about it the more I'm scared to go over there. They operate on an every 3 hr call block, and if you don't get called on a particular call block and they have senior drivers come off rest for the next call block, you get shoved to the bottom. Recipe for starving to death if you ask me. Still want a change of scenery, sick of wearing the blue uniform.
Lots of stuff going on right now. They have a new terminal manager, the assistant is trying to retire. Don't think they've filled the operations manager position yet. The southeast regional linehaul cordinator has been out on maternity leave (lol) they have some new dispatchers that are just figuring out the system.
You should fit right in here. Seniority helps with bidding on runs but it don't mean diddly on anything else. I sat home all week while the new guys ran their tail off. This is a five pay period month so i normally try to squeeze an extra vacation in during these kind of months anyhow. Meaning, i played the out of sight out of mind game. Just keep trying, it helps to show up in person because they get phone calls all day. You'll probably start in the city or utility first and play the waiting game until something becomes available on the big road.

I don't think a linehaul driver has been hired from outside the company in Atlanta in over 5 years. If you want to run line at Estes you will very likely have to hire on city hub or even dock. Couple years to get extra board a couple more to get a good schedule. Quicker in Atlanta than in Athens but still some aggravation to get the good stuff. It is worth the trouble. But there really are no short cuts.

There's a couple linehaul runs posted this week. I'm sure a city guy will take the xtraboard spot and some shuffling will go on with the M-F schedule run. I know drivers from neighboring terminals have been trying to transfer to the big A for 10+ years. The big A is the best terminal to run out of hands down.

There's a couple linehaul runs posted this week. I'm sure a city guy will take the xtraboard spot and some shuffling will go on with the M-F schedule run. I know drivers from neighboring terminals have been trying to transfer to the big A for 10+ years. The big A is the best terminal to run out of hands down.

That's cause you aren't there all the time...Get a schedule out of there, and you would be pullin' your hair out...LOL....What runs are you guys getting..I know about the halfway MIA you guys just got....I see where your buddy just got it....