Estes | Gonna try again

That's cause you aren't there all the time...Get a schedule out of there, and you would be pullin' your hair out...LOL....What runs are you guys getting..I know about the halfway MIA you guys just got....I see where your buddy just got it....

We just got runs from the trickling effect of a driver transferring to 89. I think the extraboard spot is a new posting. I can't handle those bid runs. I like to keep my pulse down around 65 bpm

We have been hiring through state dept of labour some. I suspect they are getting tax credits for new hires and just have some process to follow that includes posting on website. There are a couple of open driving positions that will eventually be filled by new hire or transfer, probably new hire because they won't be appealing to transfer, but first we have to do round robin with current drivers trading up.

I saw a linehaul position open out of Longview, so I went to the terminal and filled the app out. The tm came out and talked to me, told me they had 6 road drivers..3 with schedule runs, and 2 extra board drivers but needed 3, and said they would call me. I got the call about 3 days later asking for me to come in to take the drug test, physical and all of that.. and I'm a new hire, never pulled doubles in my life, and they're throwing me out on the highway for the extra board position. So I think it's best to actually go to the terminal and talk to them in person. I tried calling but their phones were always tied up anyway. Good luck!

I just don't understand why they would have openings posted on the website if they aren't going to hire folks for it...

A lot of these terminals keep a big stack of apps. It took them a year to call me, a year to call a friend I referred, and over a year to call another friend.

I might have an idea to get you hired nncnwydude.
They say extraboarders are not set on a run so the 90 day rule doesn't apply.
I'll put my name on the Tuesday start that's posted then put put my name on the n Monday start the following week. I'll just keep switching from week to week until they hire ya. Then you can pay me $500 a week for 10 weeks and I'll give you the $400 referral bonus in 6 months. Deal?

Lol. I'm scheming on a way to get $5 grand to buy a welder and a crossbow without pissn the ball n chain off

With the big strapper money you make.. just go buy them, she'll never even see the small dent you would leave in the checking account. LOL Besides, you deserve to have something, you rarely have time to use LOL

Lol. I'm scheming on a way to get $5 grand to buy a welder and a crossbow without pissn the ball n chain off

Someone already beat me to it, but I was gonna say with as much cabbage as you're raking in, she'd never even notice it was gone! You keep them wheels rollin' like you usually do and just report 3/4 of what you make to the boss, you'll have your welder and crossbow in no time.