Good Business to start or buy

Seriously..... Don't start anything above board until Barry's gone, then wait to see the changes in regulations,taxes....etc..

Looking for ideas on a business to start or existing businesses to buy. Looking for feed back. Thanks
Here then Mr. Smith, is some feed or feedback:

What TYPE of Business?

WHAT do you want to promote/sell?

Is it Home Based or other, like Location specific (other than Home)?

Existing Businesses TO BUY can be VERY EXPENSIVE.

Stan, here's ONE idea from a Google Search: BizBuySell - The Internet's Largest Business for Sale & Franchise for Sale Marketplace
Link provided from: https://www.google.com/search?q=BUS...j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Please keep us apprised (since it's YOUR thread) of how you're progressing!!

Thank You Mr. Smith!

CHEERS!!

I always liked the idea of a small restaurant, maybe in a little town in need. I'm a pretty good cook and like my food just right and it is pretty hard to find anything better than I can make (except for gourmet food). Small place, good food, good local happy servers, breakfast and lunch seems to be all they need. Have to work most every day though, maybe close for a week here and there for vacation.

a pizza place.

no need for tables and chairs, just a chair or two for people waiting for the pizza to cook, and then take out. no need for a liquor license, no need for too many employee's, benefits, etc, and the delivery drivers use thier own cars, and for the pennies it takes to make a pizza, the profits are huge.

ABFer, do you make a mean chicken-fried steak? How about biscuits and gravy? I'm starting to drool...

ABFer, do you make a mean chicken-fried steak? How about biscuits and gravy? I'm starting to drool...
Sorry Big Dave, you'd have to bare with me on those entrees. See I'm a Yankee, PA Dutch Yankee at that so it'd have to be more like eggs and scrapple, pancakes and waffles go really well with scrapple too. Then there's pork roll. It's good as a side or on a egg, cheese, pork roll and mushroom sandwich. Of course I'd only use Cooper Sharp cheese on that sandwich unless you requested swiss or provolone. Then we have some good bacon in this area too and it's useable in same case as pork roll, as is sausage and ham too. And those four all go good in an omelet in any combination. Never had scrapple in an omelet but it can go well on an egg sandwich. No grits up here either so it's homefries or hash browns. I don't have a good recipe for creamed chipped beef either but I do have a good cookbook and could create one fairly easily, same with sausage and biscuits if you give me some time. Omelets come with all kinds of stuff in them and I'd run a special on one or another on Saturdays. Bread's pretty standard and bagels and English muffins of course. And of course no charge for coffee refills and if you're a regular you'll have your own coffee cup. If you want I can leave the old coffee stains in it for you or not, your choice. That gets the breakfast menu started.

In my area there are no really good diners anymore. We have our share of diners, all seem to be run by Greeks or Indians and the food is bland. The menu is humongous, plenty of bland food to choose from, but bland. There used to be so many dining cars, they were everywhere, run by mom and pop, small and manageable and the food was good and reasonably priced. Now they're either gone, need to be removed or they've been added to and renovated to the point that only those with a keen eye or knew them way back when can even tell that they used to be an old dining car. I love to eat.

a pizza place.

no need for tables and chairs, just a chair or two for people waiting for the pizza to cook, and then take out. no need for a liquor license, no need for too many employee's, benefits, etc, and the delivery drivers use thier own cars, and for the pennies it takes to make a pizza, the profits are huge.

You just described Papa Johns, Domino's and two thirds of most pizza places here in Eastern NC.

In my area there are no really good diners anymore. We have our share of diners, all seem to be run by Greeks or Indians and the food is bland. The menu is humongous, plenty of bland food to choose from, but bland. There used to be so many dining cars, they were everywhere, run by mom and pop, small and manageable and the food was good and reasonably priced. Now they're either gone, need to be removed or they've been added to and renovated to the point that only those with a keen eye or knew them way back when can even tell that they used to be an old dining car. I love to eat.

ABFer, is Esther's Diner off the Fredericksburg exit on 78 still open? When I used to run down that way I couldn't get past the place without stopping in for the breaded deep fried pork chops with a side order of baked beans and fried eggplant. Back in the day they were open 24-7, the place was full of truckers all night long.

You want to start a Business/buy a Business...

Looking for ideas on a business to start or existing businesses to buy. Looking for feed back. Thanks
There are as well the Business Models/Platforms:
Sole Proprietor
L.L.C.--Limited Liability Company
D.B.A.--Doing Business As
Corporation
https://www.google.com/search?q=fai...j8&sourceid=chrome&espv=210&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Before "buying a business", how about researching STARTING YOUR OWN??​
Check the SPONSOR links here at T.B.:
https://www.legalzoom.com
www.incorporate.com
Do searches on your preferred search engine for what you'll need: Your City/County/State for LLC/Sole Proprietorship/DBA Registration,
You'll also NEED ADVERTISING/PROMOTION for your new Business as well S.E.O. optimization, Keyword Research if Online, and a slew of other necessities.
You'll NEED a E.I.N., available through the i.r.s. (may still be form SS-4) as your S.S.N. will not suffice.https://sa2.www4.irs.gov/modiein/individual/index.jsp

Simply "buying a business" isn't simply buying a business. IF such "purchase" were so simple, MANY PEOPLE would do such.
It's all the added bits that ANY BUSINESS REQUIRES that stop MANY PEOPLE from further pursuit.
You'll need a WEBSITE, HOSTING, LEGAL STUFF, ETC.

Chat up Jeff and SMOKESTACK about the/their Business side of this Website specifically about WHAT WAS/IS NEEDED to initiate site operation and continuity.

While there are Advertisements and Sponsors here and you'll NEED ADVERTISING/SPONSORING, there is no direct selling (meaning marketers making commissions) since this website wasn't designed as a sales business model.
I don't know much about business promoting however I do have MANY business related sites and information as I'm sure does Jeff and SMOKESTACK.
- - - -
For those that somehow believe "Opening a Restaurant" or "taking over a existing Restaurant" is so simple, how come you folk merely TALK ABOUT SUCH??
Are the talking bits because you KNOW SUCH ACTIONS AREN'T FEASIBLE or you really have NO IDEA of what you're talking/suggesting??

There's so much MORE to running ANY OFFLINE BUSINESS (Online and Offline need no explaining) than merely having Electricity, Natural Gas, as well Opening and Closing.

Restaurants are one of the WORST BUSINESS MODELS as is easily verified by the numbers of such that have given such IDEAS a go and FAILED.
Some restaurant models have thrived: Hooters, Subway, Checkers, In and Out, etc.
Most that start, like many wannabe Owner Operators doing the L.T.O., FAIL in the 1st year.​
Look around your neighborhood, city for easy verification.

Suggestion:
TALK to current restaurant owners for the real skinny of what it actually takes to operate. You may well be surprised or it may well conjure up evidence of why y'all are merely TALKING.
- - - -
Disclaimer:
This post is for INFORMATIONAL PURPOSE ONLY!
No thing in it shall be construed as LEGAL advice apart from contents of links as provided, nor do I represent any legal authority regarding any interest in pursuit of any action.
Your results will vary.
Comments gladly accepted regardless of structure as long as they do not violate RULES OF TRUCKINGBOARDS.
- - - -
Thank You for your time.
CHEERS!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ABFer, is Esther's Diner off the Fredericksburg exit on 78 still open? When I used to run down that way I couldn't get past the place without stopping in for the breaded deep fried pork chops with a side order of baked beans and fried eggplant. Back in the day they were open 24-7, the place was full of truckers all night long.

Esthers is still there. It's best not to go there now, it will ruin your fond memories of good food. The same goes with the Midway Diner ( and I am a true blue Midway diner man). I was a big fan of the Cross Keys Diner in New Oxford too.