Good bye

Discussion in 'Dayton' started by spider monkey, Aug 22, 2014.

1. spider monkey

spider monkey New Member

I have been gone for a while now. This is one of those weeks I miss it. ( Eaw ), I have talked to some of my coworkers and they feel like I let them down. I'm sorry if you feel that way. I didn't mean to let you guys down. I should have said more when I had a chance. If you guys keep me informed I promise to keep everyone posted on what's going on.

2. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

I take from what you posted, you and DFL have parted ways? If so, you like myself know that 'there is life after Dayton Freight'.
    I, being at least a decade away from retirement was not willing to be in the situation of starting over at the bottom of a board after the company sells in 10-15 years . I figured as I was young enough and able enough, the time to jump was when I did.

3. meathead32

meathead32 Member

What makes you think that they are going to sell? If they do, don't you think one of the partners would buy them?

4. Lazer

Lazer lied to again

Many a good companies have been brought to their knees, and sold off due to family squabbles. Remember American Freightways? Southland Corp? I don't wish harm to anyone, but the most challenging time for any company can be when the original founding members transition out of the picture, to the succeeding(sp) generation who may hold a totally different set of values and morals on how they conduct business.

5. coffee cup

coffee cup New Member

Thats what happened at Duff Truck Line and at Holland