Estes | good company

Wow you asking for trouble the truth will show on this thread :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
do you think estes express lines is a good company to work for ?

Depends on what your "expectations" are of a good Co. Personaly I'm here for the paycheck and med. When the Old Man was at the helm it was a good co, you were part of the "family" The TM didn't have buddies, it was all about business and his bonus check which kept us in line, damaged freight??? somebodies azz was in a sling!Bringbacks? Better have a very good ans.why it came back, hell, we have guys that can't read a map or bought a gps system cause they were taken out of their comfort zone for a day or two, and I remember changing tires if I brought it back with a flat, so in a way it has gotten better but I sure wish the new guys would stop the whinning and the what's in it for me B/S, just step up and do your G.D. job! After I started at Estes I was pretty tight with the salesman ( he had about 20 yrs in ) remember bit--hing about how we never got a thanks for the hard work we did, he looked at me and smiled and said they thank you every week with a paycheck. So screw the service awards:butt kiss: and the driver of the month, just give me my bills, my p/u's and leave me be

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Depends on what your "expectations" are of a good Co. Personaly I'm here for the paycheck and med. When the Old Man was at the helm it was a good co, you were part of the "family" The TM didn't have buddies, it was all about business and his bonus check which kept us in line, damaged freight??? somebodies azz was in a sling!Bringbacks? Better have a very good ans.why it came back, hell, we have guys that can't read a map or bought a gps system cause they were taken out of their comfort zone for a day or two, and I remember changing tires if I brought it back with a flat, so in a way it has gotten better but I sure wish the new guys would stop the whinning and the what's in it for me B/S, just step up and do your G.D. job! After I started at Estes I was pretty tight with the salesman ( he had about 20 yrs in ) remember bit--hing about how we never got a thanks for the hard work we did, he looked at me and smiled and said they thank you every week with a paycheck. So screw the service awards:butt kiss: and the driver of the month, just give me my bills, my p/u's and leave me be
Amen brother ,this has been my mantra since I walked in the door 8 yrs ago,put the freight on go kick it off come back park the truck go the hell home to my family leave all the bullshit at the terminal come back do it again till i cant do it no more.Stay Safe

changing flat tires i can not belive that anyone would do that for free except company :butt kiss: :biglaugh: who thinks that makes there job more secure

changing flat tires i can not belive that anyone would do that for free except company :butt kiss: :biglaugh: who thinks that makes there job more secure

hmmm lets see. change a tire or sit for hours waiting. myself i would rather get a little dirty, change the tire and go home. but to each thier own. my time at home is worth more than 50.00 ph waiting on the side of a road :D

ummmm

1 outta 10. I give it a light 6 Manganement really doen need some work. I'd say close to half the TM's should be in jail for stealing. Hey Richmond!, keep a closer check on yer boys runnin your terminals out here!

hmmm lets see. change a tire or sit for hours waiting. myself i would rather get a little dirty, change the tire and go home. but to each thier own. my time at home is worth more than 50.00 ph waiting on the side of a road :D
Where the hell do you work? 50.00 ph waiting on the side of the road? Where Where Where do you work? I want that job now!!!!!!

This company never has and never will pay for actual time put in. Yes, I would rather call a tow truck and wait. Eventually you would hope that this company would heed a little sense when if they treated their drivers with a little more respect and paid them for their full time put on the job, they just may drive that flat to a facility and save the company some money. But, alas, treat your employee like S**T, don't pay him for all the time he puts in, and get what you get.

Once you have started your log for the company, and i mean the log, not their punch clock, you should be paid. I don't start my log until I am on company property ready for and started work. I report when i'm supposed to and start my pre-trip, paperwork, review load for what's on my trailers, including hazmat etc. That is on company time. If they decide to delay my load or for whatever reason delay me, I'm still on my log. Should have called me ahead of time.

They don't pay us for the delays, etc. We all know that's crap. But stay on the log. When dispatch says we got 500 for you tonite after you've been delayed and tell them you don't have the log time to do it, they get pissed. Oh well, just because you don't pay me doesn't mean I don't log it. By gosh, I think it's called "the law" on how we handle our logs. I'm there, it goes on my log paid for or not.

I thought you got the jest from reading my little rant that I"m a P&D driver and that ment I would of been on the clock :1036316054:

I truely believe that Estes is a good company
but it is the management that needs to be
looked at....not just looked at, but put under
the scope, and have them justify their jobs.
In Dlt, some are good, some are bad, and
some should not be in the freight business
at all...and you are right....Richmond needs
to look at who is running their terminals....

I truely believe that Estes is a good company
but it is the management that needs to be
looked at....not just looked at, but put under
the scope, and have them justify their jobs.
In Dlt, some are good, some are bad, and
some should not be in the freight business
at all...and you are right....Richmond needs
to look at who is running their terminals....
I think you're mostly on track here. The only thing is, in my opinion, Estes WAS a good company. It still can be again but management as you put is the main problem. Not whole but main. We do have problems all over the system, including us mileage and hourly non mgmt types. But, and that's a big but, if management had their s**t together, the employee situation would also be vastly improved.

As I've said before, if the workers were treated with respect for the work they do, paid for the work they do and given reason to have pride in the work they do, 3/4 of the problems with dock, p&d, linehaul and ops could be remedied.

I know we've seen a lot of changes and gone downhill since about the winter before the buyout, but do we blame the ex GI folks or do we blame a management for how they handled the buyout and continue to handle the after buyout.

I know we all have our differences with pay issues, standards of policy, etc with the ex GI's but how can we blame them out there if we can't even get our own in line.

Management, management, management. Lawyers, lawyers, lawyers. Junior missed it when the old man tried to show him how to run a company. The workers are the backbone, not suits. Ah the good old days. Rest in peace Mr. Estes, you're sorely missed.