Estes | good company

I think you're mostly on track here. The only thing is, in my opinion, Estes WAS a good company. It still can be again but management as you put is the main problem. Not whole but main. We do have problems all over the system, including us mileage and hourly non mgmt types. But, and that's a big but, if management had their s**t together, the employee situation would also be vastly improved.

As I've said before, if the workers were treated with respect for the work they do, paid for the work they do and given reason to have pride in the work they do, 3/4 of the problems with dock, p&d, linehaul and ops could be remedied.

I know we've seen a lot of changes and gone downhill since about the winter before the buyout, but do we blame the ex GI folks or do we blame a management for how they handled the buyout and continue to handle the after buyout.

I know we all have our differences with pay issues, standards of policy, etc with the ex GI's but how can we blame them out there if we can't even get our own in line.

Management, management, management. Lawyers, lawyers, lawyers. Junior missed it when the old man tried to show him how to run a company. The workers are the backbone, not suits. Ah the good old days. Rest in peace Mr. Estes, you're sorely missed.

AMEN! I might stop posting with great posts like this. Pro Estes and yet anti Estes. I cant stop who would elvis have to bash :1036316054: .

You are right, Estes can become a great
company again....In Dallas, the workers are
treated bad, beat like a dog....they will only
work for a couple of supervisors, and for
none of the managers.....A couple of the
supervisors have been reprimanded by upper
management for siding with the dock..they
are both good people and will never move up
in Dallas....There is an Ops Manager's job
open in Dallas and one of the supervisors
who sided for the dock workers is up for it,
but, being a "minority", he may not be the
white, I mean right man for the job....he
would take care of the workers, but he will
not cut his hair for anyone....and his tattos
are a statement to management, that he is
not one of them.....feel sorry for him....he
could do alot for Dallas....

You are right, Estes can become a great
company again....In Dallas, the workers are
treated bad, beat like a dog....they will only
work for a couple of supervisors, and for
none of the managers.....A couple of the
supervisors have been reprimanded by upper
management for siding with the dock..they
are both good people and will never move up
in Dallas....There is an Ops Manager's job
open in Dallas and one of the supervisors
who sided for the dock workers is up for it,
but, being a "minority", he may not be the
white, I mean right man for the job....he
would take care of the workers, but he will
not cut his hair for anyone....and his tattos
are a statement to management, that he is
not one of them.....feel sorry for him....he
could do alot for Dallas....
I'm sure I'll get ripped for this one but what the heck!.....I was right there with you till you dove off into the "crybaby minority race bullsh%$#@".Anyone who refuses to cut his hair and pours ink all in his skin just to make a political or personal statement , instead of possibly improving his family's livleyhood, is most likely too stupid to hold the job. Think of it from a customers point view. Who wants to know that a superviser at the company he or she uses looks like a potential holloween costume. Only problem with the dress code here is that it's not enforced enough.

Thats what Jr needs a whole new team out with every one and get some people that want to work. Some good ball busters hey Elvis need a job

goes to show you estes will hire just about anyone:hysterical:

Take a look at the drivers they are hiring in socal to replace the ones that are leaving. Let's just say if they need to do casting calls for any new episodes of Oz all they have to do is show up at the LMI terminal.

I second that post there DW We need a hair and cleanliness policy here!!! Haircuts and facial grooming, also soap and water does work!!!

soap and water? ain't this the place where people was complainin about havin to ware uniforms to work? if people don't want to ware free uniforms, peoeple ain't gone to wash b4 time to work

Hey DW5K....no reason to rip you for what
you said....you are correct....there are alot
of changes coming from what we hear, and
uniforms are the first....I am sure that they
will also come up with a grooming policy...but
do we get rid of the non-comformists, or do
we make them comform....some of these
"Oz" looking characters actually do a good
job....I guess time will tell....
Hang in there, and remember this forum is
for all to express what they think, feel, and
would like to see happen to this company...
Maybe if everyone communicated, it could
become the good company we know it can
be.....

If you look like a clown when you show up for work then E is the place to work cuz they are full of clowns:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Hey DW5K....no reason to rip you for what
you said....you are correct....there are alot
of changes coming from what we hear, and
uniforms are the first....I am sure that they
will also come up with a grooming policy...but
do we get rid of the non-comformists, or do
we make them comform....some of these
"Oz" looking characters actually do a good
job....I guess time will tell....
Hang in there, and remember this forum is
for all to express what they think, feel, and
would like to see happen to this company...
Maybe if everyone communicated, it could
become the good company we know it can
be.....
You're right. We do have many "oz" looking and even ex cons working here. I personally have absolutely no problem with it. The vast majority of them are trying to straighten life out and I'm glad they get the chance. And all but maybe two I've met with my time here have been damn good people with a positive humorous nature. There are a few that need to be fired, but just like anything else, theres bad apples that have clean cut short hair and shower every day that also need to be fired. That includes all the way up to the TM's (well Richmond's another story huh?). They probably don't need to be the salesman but that's about it.

I'm for the uniforms. And I thank Estes for providing them. We can argue whether or not they should provide cleaning, but hell, at least I'm not wearing out my own clothes and wondering what to put on tonite. Uniformity is a must in this type of job. Cleanliness and proper appearance is important too. Argument could be made that linehaul don't need it, but uniformity means everyone and that's fine with me.

I'm sure I'll get ripped for this one but what the heck!.....I was right there with you till you dove off into the "crybaby minority race bullsh%$#@".Anyone who refuses to cut his hair and pours ink all in his skin just to make a political or personal statement , instead of possibly improving his family's livleyhood, is most likely too stupid to hold the job. Think of it from a customers point view. Who wants to know that a superviser at the company he or she uses looks like a potential holloween costume. Only problem with the dress code here is that it's not enforced enough.

I have ink all over my body. my left arm is covered. What does that have to do with my job, absolutley nothing. Does my ink stop me from anything, hell no. This is a huge closed minded view.

thats what estes needs more tattoo covered convicts.at our terminal we have a bunch of those guys working there.those are the only people estes can get to work for them!

thats what estes needs more tattoo covered convicts at our terminal we have a bunch of those guys working there

I dont get it. There are very few companys that do not hire convicts. And by the way I am an ex con. It still does not effect the job I do. I do not hide my past and everyone who knows me knows I did time.

I dont get it. There are very few companys that do not hire convicts. And by the way I am an ex con. It still does not effect the job I do. I do not hide my past and everyone who knows me knows I did time.
glad to have ya! doing your job is doing your job. that's it.

WOW there are some great posts on this thread. it is amazing that we all do believe in the way the company should be run, with a few exceptions, i too have a few Tatoo's myself and i see nothing wrong with that. i do my job to the best of my ability as i am sure most of us on here do. Jim you have done your time and you think clearly so i am glad to have you aboard and 1 day i hope to meet you. MTH your post as of late have been very thoughtful and not condeming of Estes, and i thank you for that. it is nice to read that on some things we really do agree :hide: and Elvis i am sure that you feel the same wayon the topics on this thread. so now we are 1 big happy family. like i said before give me a call if you want i would love to debate with you all over the phone, expressions really cant be typed :D, i can hook up 5 of us together on my phone. i think it may be very interesting at the least :biglaugh: 970-250-8932 i would love to talk to you guys. and who knows we may just be able to see where each other is comming from. and you never can tell, maybe, just maybe, thoughts and opinions may change. hell i may even start agreeing with most of you :D

970-250-8932 i would love to talk to you guys. and who knows we may just be able to see where each other is comming from. and you never can tell, maybe, just maybe, thoughts and opinions may change. hell i may even start agreeing with most of you :D[/QUOTE]

why would anybody in there right mind post there phone mumber (if real) on the internet ? :hide:

CUMBAYA!!! I feel like I'm sitting around the campfire holding hands with the AGE OF AQuARIUS playing in the background. Elvis is getting all warm and fuzzy inside. I want to go back to ripping some ***. But I can't seem to bring myself to that frame of mind, with all this honey being poured all over me. I will post my phone no. but it will be a 976 number. 2 dollars per minute. Because no one gets to talk to the king for free....

WOW there are some great posts on this thread. it is amazing that we all do believe in the way the company should be run, with a few exceptions, i too have a few Tatoo's myself and i see nothing wrong with that. i do my job to the best of my ability as i am sure most of us on here do. Jim you have done your time and you think clearly so i am glad to have you aboard and 1 day i hope to meet you. MTH your post as of late have been very thoughtful and not condeming of Estes, and i thank you for that. it is nice to read that on some things we really do agree :hide: and Elvis i am sure that you feel the same wayon the topics on this thread. so now we are 1 big happy family. like i said before give me a call if you want i would love to debate with you all over the phone, expressions really cant be typed :D, i can hook up 5 of us together on my phone. i think it may be very interesting at the least :biglaugh: 970-250-8932 i would love to talk to you guys. and who knows we may just be able to see where each other is comming from. and you never can tell, maybe, just maybe, thoughts and opinions may change. hell i may even start agreeing with most of you :D

There is nothin to talk about over the phone that can't be said here. And really there is nothing to debate about. I along with several of my comrades have left that comedy of errors that you hold so dear and defend. I still say QUALIFIED and EXPERIENCED drivers deserve better. And when the day comes that you wake up from this dillusional state that you are in, hoping Estes will come around and treat their drivers like most companys do. You will look back and sAY eLVIS WAS RIGHT. Senority is something you earn with your tenure at your company. Truck assignment, run assignment, vacations, protection from lay offs, wage increases etc. etc. The more senority, the better these items should become. Estes has stomped all over senority in regards to these issues. Even a blind man can see this is a bottom feeder company. I've said all I can to convince you to let your dignity be your guide. But this is America. And you can choose fried bologna or you can choose filet mignon. I myself deserve steak..... I am done with you all. You can go back to your hoola hoops and your pom poms. Rah, Rah, Rah!!! Two four six eight who do we apreciate? ESTES.....Elvis has left the building. For good.... P.S. I have been pretty forthcoming with my postings here. But there was a lot of dirt I left out for very good reasons. Another time another venue. Good luck to you all.